How's your day?

“Tu scende dalle stelle”  is my favourite Italian Christmas carol. There are so many variations from Pavarotti to Boccelli but I love it sung by children . Happy Christmas everyone. Here it’s very damp and foggy hope it’s better where you are. USA hope you’re not too snowed in , keep warm whatever however you want.smile2

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

27 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

USA hope you’re not too snowed in , keep warm whatever however you want.smile2

Here it will reach 70 today. No complaints about that, it has been a cold (for the desert) 3 weeks this December. Merry Christmas one and all.

• Like 3

Compliments of the season to Phil and all,
I have a partially eaten Dickinson and Morris pork pie of Melton Mowbray from my local Morrison’s in the fridge, a piece of which I will have with lunch. As anyone tried any pork pies from Dickenson’s?

• Like 1

Personally, I found the supermarket Dickson & Morris pork pies disappointing - lacking in flavour and lots of gristle, and totally different from the ones from their shop. Pork Farms also appear to have not bothered with seasoning.

Having forgotten to order one of their own from Chambers in Arnold, the best I found was Sainsbury’s own brand. But they then seemed to change supplier or recipe mid-month and the replacement was cheap and nasty.

Well I said I was going to Mablethorpe today but changed my mind when I saw plenty of traffic heading that way so we gave in and went to Skegness instead, what a disappointment, nowhere open to get a coffee (unusual) plenty of people about but only heard two English accents, police cars and vans outside the B&B's and hotels and plenty of rubbish in the streets, such a shame it's come to this, anyway hope everyone has had a great Christmas and you all got the gifts you wanted

DSCF1800_(2).jpg

DSCF1807.jpg

Rog

I should have posted this yesterday but never mind,

24 years and one day apart and 232.9 miles apart from where the pictures was taken but still just as happy

P1050975.jpg

DSCF1802_(2).jpg

Gracious me I look old now

Rog

1 minute ago, philmayfield said:

Perhaps they'll stop coming over when they discover they'll end up in Skegness! 

doubt it mate, they've taken over the place, one couple walking towards us with the sweetest and smallest dog I have ever seen, I bent down to stroke the little chap and was told very abruptly (in an eastern european accent) do not touch my dog, not to worry eh

Rog

Just made my trifle for tomorrow laced with 10 year old Harvey’s Bristol Cream. When we cleared mums house out we found 3 bottles stashed away. I think she kept asking the carers to get some with her shopping just in case someone popped in for a visit bless her. 

Yesterday afternoon i wanted to make some rum butter to use with the mince pies id made. As i sat at the kitchen table having a cuppa my husband brought in a bottle of rum ready to add to the butter and sugar. A few minutes later my sons family came in and promptly sat down eyeing the tin of mince pies. They were in a Heroes chocolate box ( tin) mince pies up to the brim. We got glasses out and a couple of cocacolas and little by little the bottle was emptied and only a few mince pies were left. So now im left with rum butter and no mince pies. Oh well we wont be eating them tonight , not after our lunch and doubt it tomorrow. Will eventually have to make some more as ive still got 7 jars of mince meat left.

• Like 1

How's my day? Well I'm bunged up with 'man flu' and I'm feeling rotten. Had a frozen TV dinner and some Christmas pudding, but not on the same plate. Our place has been like a ghost town, half expected to see Tumbleweed rolling across the lawns. Had look outside this evening and there's not a bloody light on anywhere.

Welcome to the Land of "Billy no mates".

Let me be the first to wish you all 'Happy Easter'.  thumbsup

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

The quietest Christmas Day we’ve had for thirty years. No family visiting, and our daughter and her boyfriend spent the day at his parents.

Just me and the wife at the table for lunch, so instead of hours of preparing a big meal, it was just ribeye steak, chips and peas, with pepper sauce. Excellent! No leftovers, no waste, minimal washing up.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1