How's your day?

Today I’m celebrating 10 years of being on Nottstalgia.  From the early days of spending a ridiculous amount of time on the ‘Word Games’ with many Nottstalgians who have since fallen by the wayside, for various reasons ….. thinking particularly of TrevorS and Michael Booth. The same words still go round and round but the original rule of no Proper Nouns is now ignored.   
I’ve rarely started a new ‘topic’ and don’t contribute anything of great significance but still enjoy logging on several times a day to catch up, but what I do look forward to is meeting up with Nottstalgians in a pub several times a year and I look upon those I’ve met as good mates.

Thankyou @mick2mefor starting Nottstalgia all those years ago x

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

Today I’m celebrating 10 years of being on Nottstalgia.  From the early days of spending a ridiculous amount of time on the ‘Word Games’ with many Nottstalgians who have since fallen by the wayside, for various reasons ….. thinking particularly of TrevorS and Michael Booth. The same words still go round and round but the original rule of no Proper Nouns is now ignored.   
I’ve rarely started a new ‘topic’ and don’t contribute anything of great significance but still enjoy logging on several times a day to catch up, but what I do look forward to is meeting up with Nottstalgians in a pub several times a year and I look upon those I’ve met as good mates.

Thankyou @mick2mefor starting Nottstalgia all those years ago x

Tomorrow will be16 years for me Lizzie, time flies and yes I have met some great people on here

Rog 

• Like 4

Today we had a splendid and enjoyable second Christmas dinner. The first one was in Somerset on Christmas day with our daughter's half of the family and today was with our son's half all piled into our rambling old place. The highlight of the party was when our 3 Gt Grandchildren put on a play for us, which was written by the oldest aged 10. The youngest played a dual role being the mad robot and the dog. Hilarious mayhem.

I love those kids.

• Like 6

We managed to eat all the perishable Christmas food and threw very little away, no more than a usual week. What is left of the turkey, which was excellent from a local farm shop, is in the freezer for making curry later. I cooked the Brussels with smoked bacon this year (thanks for the recipe Mary Berry) and everyone wanted more. 
Now we are just left with lots of chocolate with good shelf life so am sure we can get through that. A family member works for a chocolate firm so no surprise there.

When Boxing Day is over, personally I just want to get rid of the decs and get back to normal, chunky fish fingers, mash and mushy peas for dinner tomorrow!

• Like 4

Well, I've booked me Warner Christmas get together for next December, going back to Thoresby hall,  so if a meet up for NS comes in December, as long as it's between 11th and 15th I should be there. So I'll start saving for me chips money.  B.

• Like 1

Hi Phil, A late, dear friend of mine would have loved you. He used to be an antique dealer, who dealt mostly in metals. He once said to me that if I ever saw anything while living down here, he would buy anything old and made of metal (told me I'd never lose as he would always reimburse my expenses). He used to have a shop at Canning circus/ top of Ilkeston Road, called 'Lustre Metal Antiques'. He and his brother also had a metal polishing factory on Colwick industrial estate. He  made a bid for all the gas lamps in Blackpool.

Today didn't exactly go to plan but I carried on anyway, wheeled the old Lister ST1 round to the side of the house out of the wind, managed to get the fuel tank on the brackets I had lined with some close knit nylon ribbon to stop the bottom of the tank wearing through because of vibration when the engine is running, tank holding straps tightened, so far so good, fitting the fuel pipe to the underside of the tank I notice it was a bit too close to the timing cover so i tried to gently bend the pipe clear when whoops the pipe snapped so I now need another pipe and fitting because this one is completely jiggered, never mind thats a job for another day

P1060565.jpg[/ur

Rog

• Like 2

It was Dec 7th when I first noticed a fault condition light on my car.

It took days to get my usual auto electrician out. He diagnosed a faulty 'knock sensor'.

He finally got around to changing it on 27th Dec,only to call and tell me he'd put the wrong replacement in.

So, today he took my car away again to fit the right sensor, only to call again saying he's sure tgecreal fault is with the ECU. .. ouch...that's not going to be cheap, even for a repaired or remanufactured unit.

Bugger!

Dark here! Played at a ceilidh last night so ears ringing with jigs and reels.

Looking forward to getting today moving and saying farewell to an unhelpful and messy year.

I hope that the next one is an improvement.

• Like 2

WELL NEW YEAR NOT LONG NOW??

I

WOULD LIKE TO WISH ALL MEMBERS / FREINDS / AND OF CAUSE BIG EARS

:jumping:

A    VERY, VERY 

HAPPY NEW YEAR 

HOPE TO SEE YOU ALL AT THE MEET UPS  NEW MEMBERS AND THE REGULARS 

ALL THE BEST FOR 2023.

:crazy:

• Like 4
12 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Do you get a medal for that? I’m missing out. I just need a sycophant to put my name forward. Trouble is I don’t know any sycophants!

You don't want to give credence to a corrupt honours system used cynically by people who should know better. Or do you? If you do then just buy one like lots of other folk.

I used to work amongst a load of folk who took great pleasure in adding the various honours to their names when sending letters (and latterly e-mails). I had a special headed paper made for these individuals only on which was printed my name and after (KCB Declined). 

• Like 4

I had disparaging thoughts of patients in hospital with just ‘flu symptoms; when I caught some abominable strain of something that caused severe bronchial congestion and restricted breathing.

Given the conditions of being admitted to hospital I would have gladly gone for treatment even it had meant me lying on a trolley in a corridor, box room or an ambulance.