How's your day?

Not good news Terry,there doesn't seem to be the level of inspections like there used to be on our waterways, I know money is a big factor and volunteers can only do so much, at the moment we are not living in a very nice world, good luck with your testing

Rog

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Hi PP.

I'm really sorry, and more than a bit disgusted to read about the pollution incident. I'm also in total agreement with you re: the ultimate cause of these increasingly common incidents, but I'll be picking that up in another thread shortly.

• Like 1

Mary, hope everything goes well for you, take care.

Asda this morning at 06.00 hrs, then take the fuel tank off the Lister ST diesel stationary engine so I can fit a new 1/4 BSP elbow underneath ready to put a new piece of fuel line on to the fuel filter, that done then the new rubber feet arrived for the little compressor so I fitted those after finding some nuts,bolts and washers of the right size, another job done then I started work on the little model of a horse drawn coach I am rebranding as a Nottingham public transport vehicle of the mid 1800's, all stripped down and primer coated ready for a top coat of green, the wheels are now painted black with the rims silver using my fine point silver paint pen, time for some lunch and a sit down

Rog

Don't forget to unharness the horse before spraying the coach Rog.

Wonder what colour you'll spray the horse after you've stabled it.

thumbsup

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Don't forget to unharness the horse before spraying the coach Rog.

Wonder what colour you'll spray the horse after you've stabled it.

thumbsup

Horses were covered in a plastic bag still fastened to the coach, not sure about the colour of the horses yet, at the moment they are black but I might go with brown with black leatherwork and maybe a bit of a white blaze down the face of one of them, d don't know much about buses and even less about horses, the next model to get the Nottingham public transport treatment will be the horse drawn tram

Rog

17 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Rog., test your airspraying skills and try painting the horse a nice dapple grey or Appaloosa. :-)

Behave yourself Barrie, only just got the hang of setting the air pressure  lol

Rog

What with yours and Troggs collection, with the addition of mine, maybe we should open our own model and renovation shop. All work undertaken, no job too small. Estimates given.

• Like 1

"No job too small" well I hope they don't come any smaller than this one I did for someone, How about this 1/148 scale at the side of my 1/76 scale, if they are any smaller I will have to buy a microscope

DSCF1767_(2).jpg

Rog

12 hours ago, Beekay said:

But you've shown you can do it Rog., Well done. Do they come any smaller than 'N' gauge? 

I think there's a Z gauge, I have to check it out

Instead of a "Ship in a Bottle" how about a "Bus in a Bottle" now there's a thought

Rog

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

I think there's a Z gauge, I have to check it out

Instead of a "Ship in a Bottle" how about a "Bus in a Bottle" now there's a thought

Rog

Z gauge = 1:220 so quite small

Rog

Received an unexpected and warming email from an old friend. We were apprentices together at the ROF. We were keen cyclists, touring and racing together for years and I was his best man at his wedding. So, it was a really nice surprise and I'll be responding to it at length.

The indoor rowing and cycling is going well. 11k row this morning and should do another thisafto. On schedule to row more than 10 miles a day during Jan. 

• Like 4
On 12/10/2022 at 8:55 PM, mary1947 said:

Had a good day Friday. Ask my friend what kind of present she would like of me for Christmas, she wanted to see the TR panto. so there we were to 70s+ going of to the panto, when we arrived went over to wish Merry Christmas to the manager who is a freind of mine, he asked what seats we were in and gave us a choice to move as we were in between to schools, Well to hear all the children shouting and laughing was a joy, in front of us was a little girl about 3/4 years old and she was singing and dancing it was a plesure to just watch her, What was a change was the saying   "He's behind you""  has gone and the panto has come into the 21stcenturay even the prince came from West Bridgford in the panto. Then  Joe Pasquale had a bucket which contents which were thown over the people watching well first time bits of paper =, 2nd time bits of paper but 3rd time the bucket had quite a lot of water in it, yes you know what happend my friend and my self were just in the right place for a shower. Well it was all a good bit of fun. The staff gave 100% customer service, the customes and actor;s were very very good if you ask me was this panto for children I would normal say yes!! but even though we were a little older we really did enjoy it. I also think that hearing the children squeal with delight it made the day.

Quote Walt Disney said it doe's not matter how old you are. there still a child in all of us.

I saw my first Panto along with missus, daughter , boyfriend and Granddaughter (aged 4). I was reminded by my daughter that we never ever took her to one until our Granddaughter came along. Well better late than never. It was enjoyable mainly watching Layla's (Granddaughter) reaction to it all. For her it was the trumping bit and the slapstick bits but she really enjoyed it and her favourite was of course Muddles (Joe P). Definitely going to the next one!

• Like 2

We have spent a lot of the day clearing out cupboards in the kitchen, especially the ones you can’t reach without a stool where you keep stuff that you never use - like espresso coffee cups when we don’t even have a coffee machine! Now we have space as the cupboards are washed along with the stuff we do use. There is an element of “Oh we'll keep that, it might come in useful”  (it never does of course) You have to be ruthless.

Always a sense of achievement.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Beekay, we had a spare coffee machine doing nowt also which is why we got rid of it about 8 years ago but for some reason we never got rid of the cups. Mr B does drink coffee but I can’t anymore although I like it, it doesn’t particularly like me! 

Thank you anyway mate.

12 hours ago, MRS B said:

There is an element of “Oh we'll keep that, it might come in useful”  (it never does of course) You have to be ruthless.

My father used to do that. He kept things on that basis; especially receipts and packaging from all manner of items. He'd still have the receipt and box for something long after he no longer had the item itself.

Had this idea it would be good to pressure wash the Lister ST1 steel trolley to get rid of all the oil splashes, moss and other debris it's picked up over the year, out came the pressure washer, hooked it upto the water butt (not got an outside tap yet) and away I go, it's a cold strong wind today and it's raining like it's going out of fashion, stuck at it for fifteen minutes and decided it can wait til tomorrow, I am soaked to the skin, cold and realise I am no longer a spring chicken so everything back in the shed and I've come indoors, don't you think there's something very satisfying about using a pressure washer though?

Rog

I find pressure washing satisfying, seeing the item appear as new again. But despite wearing all the correct gear I always end up wet through and cannot wait to be in dry clothes again. I have to agree on the spring chicken theory ,I no longer choose to carry on when I reach a certain stage of soaking through.

• Like 1

Our daughter came round on Sunday to learn how to pressure wash her car. She brought her lively pup that couldn’t be left in the house with our cats so wife and daughter took it for a walk and I was left with the washing. It’s a high roofed Jeep so I had to climb up and down steps to clean the roof. Had I known I would have given her a tenner for the Albanian car wash in Newark.

• Like 1

It's back in the shed now, might come out again tomorrow if it's not so cold and wet, Have to agrre about getting wet even with all the wet weather gear on the water still seems to get through that barrier when using a pressure washer Trogg.

Sounds like you fell for that old trick Phil, on the plus side it was a good workout that would have cost a few quid at the gym

Lister-D-resto-6.jpg

Rog