• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Pop round then Phil., I'm sure he'll furnish you with a coffee.

Talking of sausage, I've just had a couple with roast taters, peas and gravy. Very nice too, thanks to me airfryer.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Pop round then Phil., I'm sure he'll furnish you with a coffee.

Talking of sausage, I've just had a couple with roast taters, peas and gravy. Very nice too, thanks to me airfryer.

The kettle is always on in my house

Rog

8 hours ago, Beekay said:

thanks to me airfryer.

Can anyone tell me why they persist in calling them "airfryers' as they are just small fan forced convection ovens and do not fry food. Is it just marketing hype? most wall ovens have the same function and I can see why being smaller uses less power but fryers they are certainly not.

Had a disturbing moment today. Bus overturned in Somerset and my granddaughter and her fiance were on it. They are ok though - just shaken and bruised. Just when everything seems to be going smoothly this sort of thing can happen.

• Like 3

Sorry my terminology offends you Oz., but when I purchased my cooker, it said 'Airfryer' on the box. So that's what I  call it. I KNOW it doesn't fry but my missus knows what I'm talking about when I cook.

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Had a disturbing moment today. Bus overturned in Somerset and my granddaughter and her fiance were on it. They are ok though - just shaken and bruised. Just when everything seems to be going smoothly this sort of thing can happen.

Oh thank goodness they’re ok, think we all saw this on the news. They must have been really shaken.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

PP it made the news headlines here. So glad that your family and no others were seriously injured.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, PeverilPeril said:

Hope all is well PP, what a scary incident that must of been , was it a double bus ?

• Upvote 1
On 1/17/2023 at 10:08 PM, PeverilPeril said:

So glad all is OK. The news reports sounded very scary.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Finally got my car back this evening. New ECU..or so I'm told.

It's running very sweetly indeed.

So after over a month I'll be able to get about again.

Yesterday I did my second set of weights. It's already working.

Tomorrow I'll be able to go for a swim.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

@DJ360 well done , keep up the excersise, it'll do you the world of good , the only weight training I get in retirement is lifting my can of Heineken to me lips !!!!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, David sheridan said:

the only weight training I get in retirement is lifting my can of Heineken to me lips !!!!

David, change to a Party Five and then up the ante to a Party Seven and really develop some muscles.

• Like 1

Had a scare yesterday morning. In my car I heard such a loud bang. I knew I hadn’t bumped into anything but looked in my rear mirror and saw what the damage was. A man was walking towards almost on his knees with apologies. He hadn’t looked before opening his own car door and knocked my wing mirror to bits. Whilst we were discussing I saw the carabinieri coming slowly towards us so I stopped them and they took over. The result was he wanted to pay there and then but he said he had problems as he had a rented car. Then he just wanted to exchange phone numbers. The carabinieri wrote everything down and checked mine and his license and his documents. We ended up swapping phone numbers and he gave me his business card. The strange thing was that he was a rep that came to our house when we were looking for new Ch boilers for our son and daughter. I vaguely thought I’d seen him before but didn’t realize that it was him til I got home and read his card. The car is waiting to be repaired and the bill sent to him. 

Re: exercise. It's nor a new thing for me. I was a regular swimmer, walker and weight trainer for years, but knee problems have messed with that.  On top, the cardio lot were advising caution..especially  re: swimming.

But I've had the all clear for swimming and weights, subject to common sense, decent technique etc. I'm walking better since getting one knee fixed, but the other is getting worse and limits me to about 5000 steps max on a good day.

According to one leaflet I've been given 'everybody' should walk 10000 steps per day. Blimey!!

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Oztalgian said:

David, change to a Party Five and then up the ante to a Party Seven and really develop some muscles.

Wow remember them party 7,s in the 1970s !