How's your day?

Breakfast and first coffee of the day completed, car washed and inside cleaned, got rid of a bit more of the birch tree debris through the shredder/chipper, now time to fire up the vintage engines, cant beat a bit of "industrial music" on a Sunday,

P1080344.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Today after a small bowl of Shreddies, I did knee exercises. 

Later, I took the long way round to the shops on foot and was totally 'banjaxed' when I got back.

7 hours ago, plantfit said:

vintage engines, cant beat a bit of "industrial music" on a Sunday,

Wow this is truly Lister erotica..............

• Like 1

Thankyou sir, can't beat a D running at 700 rpm and the ST at 1100 rpm and the little Suffolk enjoying itself at 1500 rpm

Rog

Ooh I love Shreddies but has to be with hot milk.

I used to have my cornflakes with hot milk when I was at school.

I have Shreddies with cold semi skimmed milk but like to let them soften for a few minutes before eating. 

I buy the Tesco cheap version of Shreddies …….. and they are my favourite at the moment but never with hot milk - yuk

No Margie, it were Ian 'Beefy' Botham. When offered a third at breakfast, he replied, "No thank you, two's more than enough for me".

Lizzie, my dads favourite too was 2 shredded wheat, Shreddies is the latter day version but definitely not as good as the original. Golly, might have to buy one or the other when I go shopping tomorrow now.

4 hours ago, LizzieM said:

My Dad had 2 Shredded Wheat every single day of his working life for breakfast.  I’ve never been keen on it. 

Neither have I, it is like chewing soggy string.

I quite liked Weetabix and had a workmate who ate them dry with honey and peanut butter on them for morning tea.

Puffed Wheat was my favourite as a kid, did not like Sugar Puffs, far too sweet.

What was your favourite breakfast cereal

Danny Blanchflower (Spurs footballer) used to say "Pass the hot milk please" when he was advertising Shredded Wheat back in the late 50's early 60's

Rog

My father in law used to say that one of his neighbours who was very bald but had a rather splendid bouffant comb over

“he has 3 shredded wheat every day. 2 on his plate and one on his head”. 

• Like 3

Philadelphia cheese on two slices of Toast....plus 2 boiled eggs finished off with Marmalade on Toast...4 or 5 times a week......

I haven't had Shredded Wheat for many years, but when I had it in my younger days I could only eat it when it was softened in warm milk; I never wanted it crispy and sharp. Which I suppose was totally defeating the whole point of it.