• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Beekay said:

Seen my first fully open daffodils today, in my neighbours garden.

Who knows, be hearing a Cuckoo next.

Even ‘up north’ here in Nottingham we have a small clump of daffodils flowering near the house.  They brave the wintery weather every year and brighten up dark days at the end of January.  

No sign of flowers on the daffodils here yet. Just the leaves poking up. We’ve had snowdrops out for a few weeks though and the celandines are in full flower. The grass in growing strongly and needs a cut and the willow trees are beginning to turn green.

• Like 1

Hope you recover quickly Loppy.

Daffs Tulips and Crocus all sprouting well in my Garden but no flowers yet.

Went into Wigan earlier and there's a little triangle of grass where I park, with a few trees on it. It is covered in pale yellow crocus. Not those gaudy bright yellow ones, but much nicer pale ones. Also Snowdrops with really big flowers.

• Like 1

Isn’t it great to see all the bulbs coming up, I have some snowdrops and crocus out already. Hellebores too. I have had to clear some of my Vinca (periwinkle) out as it has taken over somewhat, one of those survivors and invaders but it does give some variety in the Winter and is flowering now too.

• Like 1
On 2/3/2023 at 3:51 PM, loppylugs said:

No Jill.  The boys were in the house.  You do have to watch out for them, they have a habit of parking near your feet.

Learned a valuable lesson BK.  It all happened so quick.  I'm amazed I didn't break my glasses.

Loppylugs you are right in that as you get older you do lose your balance, particularly when you turn too quickly. Glad you’re ok anyway. Jill, I’ve fallen over a few cats in my time and trod on a few tails! We used to have a ginger cat that used to “snake” in front of you all the time.

• Like 1

The house I lived in at Cropwell Butler in my teens has just gone on the market for 525K. My dad bought it from new for 9 and 1/2. Maybe he should have held on to it.

Looks as though the people we sold it to did keep hold of it as the decor is very retro 70’s on the pictures. 

It always was a nice pub Phil. There used to be a post office opposite and I met up with the girl who lived there and I used to go on the school bus with last December.

Have always kept in touch with her but we happened to be in the Lakes and they live in Glasgow so we met up at Gretna. Lots of chatting! Haven’t seen her since school bus days.

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

A couple of days late, but...........70 years ago, sweet rationing finally ended in the UK on 5th February 1953.

Well, I was 14 and it didn't make much difference - still had no money for sweets after buying sf books, fishing and cycling stuff.

I remember getting some sweets using a ration ticket at Gallons shop., just up the road from you. Phil

remains of the birch tree have now gone through the garden shredder and the chippings are spread on the small garden plot, cleaned out the shed of all the rubbish that had built up and the carpet vacuumed, most of the tools put away, gave the hammer heads a good wire brushing and a wipe over with a oily rag, another good frost forecast for tonight, saturday I gave the powered garden machines a good clean and grease, put some unleaded petrol/oil mix in them and gave them a good half hour run each, the mower is four stroke so just unleaded petrol in that and gave that a good run, so all blades sharpened and balanced, new strimmer line fitted, new scarifier blade fitted to the other mower so all ready for the new season

Rog

8 minutes ago, Beekay said:

All that maintenance Rog., well done !! Pity you live on 19th floor top flat.  :laughing:

I know mate, it's a right bugger carrying them mowers up the stair when the lifts busted

Rog

• Like 1

Greetings all. After what seems like years of faff, I think I've assembled all of the necessary for my cruise. :)

Getting all the clothing, gadgets, extra meds, Insurance etc., etc.. together has been what locals round here would call a ' right bloody rawm'. 

I've been back on the weights, swimming etc, so naturally I'm looking devastatingly Adonis like, (if you ignore the belly..) And I'm still proud of my 30 quid charity shop Tux! 

Off down to Nottm tomorrow, then 'Big silver bird' on Friday.

Judging by what I hear, I may be 'off grid' till I get back, so please be good.

:laugh:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1