• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Sad to hear about the terrible earthquake and wonder if people we know are ok. Watched the rescue of a boy 12 years old and it was to say the least dramatic and emotional. 
Don’t know if this is a “ knock on effect” or what but today is the second day we’ve had a close encounter. The first one was about 15 km away at 11.35 pm. My daughter felt it and saw the doors on a cupboard open, the second one was this morning at about 4.30. We aren’t in a sismic area but we have had them. The year we came to live here we had quite a big one which sent a shock right through the centre of the house. We were sitting with friends and suddenly my chair began to lift and rock My first instinct was to wonder what the hell the cat was doing as she was near my feet. The my husband shouted “ terremoto everybody “out, so we didn’t hesitate.   The epicenter of this last one was 1 km SW of us, M 2.4 not too bad but enough to frighten.

Just heard from my daughter she said this earthquake was 28 km deep. Apparently Sienna had one the other day and has had tremors since , it just hasn’t settled.

I see that the Syrians are now bombing the earthquake area as well. Unbelievable.

• Like 1

Dj360, make sure you get a lower deck as possible Col. The oars aren't as long, so your arms don't get tired so quick and you're first to get a drink of water.

• Like 2

Another busy day today. Setting up my exhibition stand for the British Fly Fair International ready for tomorrows opening. Been working hard all week for this.

Hoping to sell a few fishing rods to cover all the R&D that's been put into the project. 

• Like 1

“How’s Your Day” reminds me of why I dumped  Facebook many moons ago, insane repetitive repetitive repetitive boring boringly tedious dull drivel :biggrin: 

Where’s Pixie she started the tread because she was to quote “Bored out her brains” (First post page One) :wacko: 

Special birthday memories today. Cannot believe our eldest son would have been 56 today. He passed away 27th May, 1990 at the tender age of 23. Thing is, I don't feel old enough to have a grown up child who would be approaching pension age. It makes me feel old. 

Good luck with the display PP.

• Like 3

After the age of 40, I often used to say to my mum on my birthday that I was creeping nearer to fifty. Her reply was always, "How old do you think that makes me feel?"  Two days ago was the thirteenth anniversary of her passing. In April this year, she would have been 97...like the Queen. They were born nine days apart.

Just read that Blakey has joined the community just now.

Welcome aboard Blakey ! Look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to join in whatever banter you read.

Heyup Rog., a very good morning to you and yours. Is it warm enough for you?

• Like 1

Up nice and early to put the Lister D stationary engine back together, fuel tank, carb and magneto back on, checked and set the ignition timing put some petrol in the tank (just straight unleaded) and it fired up second swing of the handle, set the revs at 700 rpm and left it running, picked up the remaining twigs and debris from the Birch tree surgery I did a few weeks ago and put them in the garden rubbish burning bin, a cup full of old two stroke petrol I had in a can went over the rubbish to help it on it's way, lit it with my weed burning lance and BOOM, bloody heck bits of smouldering debris all over the field at the back of my place, anyway the  remaining rubbish is burning away quite happily, time for a coffee and a sit down before I cause anymore problems, Lister D still running so give it another half hour and switch it off

Rog

• Like 1

My new pressure regulator and moisture trap has arrived for my compressor, it is chinese, not a problem until you look at the description in the paperwork, not so much Chinese as double Dutch, time to look away now Ben

DSCF1974.jpg

Rog

• Like 2
5 hours ago, radfordred said:

“How’s Your Day” reminds me of why I dumped  Facebook many moons ago, insane repetitive repetitive repetitive boring boringly tedious dull drivel :biggrin: 

Where’s Pixie she started the tread because she was to quote “Bored out her brains” (First post page One) :wacko: 

And you are reading it because...............?

• Like 5

Just been in Currys in Newark to buy a new smartphone. I must have been playing with those on the display for 30mins. Nobody came to help me. They probably just looked at me as a scruffy, grey haired, doddery old fool. Anyway now I've chosen one I'll order it from John Lewis and get a two year warranty.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, IAN FINN said:

plantfit does your compressor have a condensate drain at the bottom of the tank?

It does, it's only a cheap little compressor that someone gave me but it now works ok and I can regulate it now instead of just relying on the blow off valve set at 115 psi

DSCF1962.jpg

Rog

I find it the same when I've been to curry's in Newark, I even waved to a guy to come and talk to me about a tv I wanted to buy, "be with you in a minute" he said and carried on talking to his friend, waste of space, very poor customer service

Rog

My daughter works for John Lewis, they are so good to their staff so it must rub off and make them motivated to help customers. Great company.

Supermarkets are the worse for asking silly questions,   when you are at the check out and you have a pile of shopping , they always say  do you wanna bag for that lot ?

Nah don't worry, I will put it all in me back packet ,  OF COURSE I WANT A BLEDDY  BAG , AND IF THEY ARE FREE , I WILL HAVE TWO !!!!!!!!

• Like 3