How's your day?

Bloody hot!

After a 38 degree day yesterday today topped 40, that's 104 in the old numbers.

On the 40th anniversary of Ash Wednesday when 75 lives were lost in serious fires across SA and VIC There is a serious fire burning near Port Lincoln and homes have been lost but thankfully no lives.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

@Jill Sparrow yer can have abit of our 37c Philippines sunshine if you like , I am british retired here , and I love it , don't miss the winter months of England at all ,   mind yer I am abit jealous of the summer and miss my glorious holidays in South Devon !

My day has just got better ! Had a phone call from my Diabetic care nurse to tell me she's cancelled next week's appointment and she's discharging me back into the care of my GP., my blood glucose score was 87 in December and has now dropped to 40 ! Well within normal levels. Not a cure I know but very encouraging  as she wanted me to consider daily insulin injections. That's why I've tried harder. Will be on cloud 9 for the rest of the day, (if anyone wants me).

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

I've been in the workshop making a jig that will ensure that a new fishing rod guide,  that I make myself, is of a consistent size and shape. The guide was fitted to a fly rod that I displayed at last weekends show and was very well received. i was asked if I had patented it? - never gave it a thought but making enquiries just in case. 

My poor old Myford looked a sorry sight. Uncleaned for about the last 6 uses. Half buried  in wood, plastic, steel, aluminium and finally brass swarf, so gave it a clean.  Off fishing the local syndicate trout lakes shortly. Do my gym work later.

Not enough hours in the day!

• Like 1

No point in trying to patent it once you have exhibited the idea to others. There should be no prior knowledge. Patenting an idea can be very costly so you have to be convinced it’s going to be a money-spinner. I was involved with patents for many years.

Phil - we really should go fishing together one day. I have yet to go to our club water at Thurgaton.

Just two trout this afternoon but a few blanks with other members. Gave one of the trout to our Ghurkha neighbour and we fried the other for tea. Our neighbour brought half of the trout that he had cooked over to us and we added a bit + juices to our fried one. He knows about spices!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I don’t know if you fished at the Conegre Farm lake at Hoveringham but they buried the owner Chris Lee last Wednesday.

I’ve not fished for over 10 years when I was last in Scotland. I doubt if I know one end of my rod from the other now!

The club closed Conegre lake in respect of the funeral. It's supposed to be a very good lake. The Trent nearby has been made accessible recently - must get down there.

• Like 2

Lovely walk in the Lincolnshire country side this morning, blue sky and warm sunshine

DSCF1982.jpg

DSCF1992.jpg

Such a shame that churches have to be locked these days, sign of the times I suppose, I am in no way a religious person quite the opposite but there is something about old buildings that I do like

Rog

• Like 3

Thought I would combine the two topics here, snow scene in a quarry, Volvo L150C wheeled loader at Tattershall sand and gravel quarry

Ken-in-the-Tattershall-loader.jpg

Rog

MargieM

I know I said that I would see you all at the next meetup, but I must go by what the nice doc says ,  due to my surgery I feel like the man in the iron mask, as I have to wear a collar for six weeks and I have being banned from ?? housework/washing/ (washing machine of course) Ironing / Driving / shopping.ect, ect ,ect,  the one good thing is that the master is learning a new trade it's called   Housework.

If I don't get to this meetup everyone have a drink on me.

send bill to Big Ears  Please.:Friends:

• Like 2

You can allus nip round to P.P.and have a borrow on his rowing machine Mary. I'm sure he'd drain the water so you don't get your feet wet.

• Like 1

They can’t that’s the problem, they need a woman to give them individual tasks to complete one by one and then they’re really useful. I have learnt to give my man a task at a time as he always is like a bull at a gate and has to do it immediately.

• Like 1

Up early and got my pressure washer out to clean the Lister ST diesel engine and trolley down, not got an outside top yet but connected it upto my greenhouse water butt, worked a treat so nice clean engine, then cut back some of the Acer tree ready for it to start new shoots in a few weeks, got next doors mower sorted for him,he was trying to get it started with no joy so I stripped the carb down and fitted a new diaphragm and air cleaner, now running a treat, then decided to get my shed telly and DVD player fired up so spent the next hour or so listening to some SKA and Reggae music while putting stuff away in the shed, all in all an enjoyable day

Rog

We went to Waitrose in Newark today. It was interesting to see that the carpark, which had been snarled up for weeks whilst they were installing eight electric charging points was back to normal. All the electric spaces were vacant. I guess local shoppers charge their electric cars at home. What a waste of money! 

• Like 1