How's your day?

I remember Rape Seed fields in the 80s but not earlier than that ,  I was in Leicestershire and Northamptonshire at that time. The vividness of the yellow was striking and footpaths were difficult when the crop was a mature plant.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

We don't grow Rapeseed here in OZ our yellow fields are Canola which is a genetically modified form of Rapeseed.

It is widely grown in two of our premium wine regions, the Barossa and Clare valleys

Wide View of Canola Field in the Barossa Valley, South Australia. Stock  Photo - Image of farming, grow: 121021828

• Like 1

Had a lovely special week-end..........Birthday saturday.......quiet day  a few cards a couple of pressies...........

Then sunday lots of family came for Dinner.....bearing more cards and gifts.....

Grandson...who is a corporal in the Army...

Niece and husband from Peterborough..

Son and his special lady from Oakham...

Youngest son from Bestwood Village.......

A real special day....loved em all.........and thanks to Donna for all the dinners.....my special Lady.........

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Our son flew to Suriname today, via Amsterdam.  At the end of the 9 hour flight 3 tyres on the Boeing 777 burst on landing!  He said the noise was so loud, Bang, Bang, Bang.  It took 2 hours of sitting at the end of the runway before the passengers were allowed off the plane, having been surrounded by emergency vehicles.  
When we landed in Cape Town a few years ago we were surrounded by fire engines and never did find out the reason.  Makes you wonder if they just want to have a practice occasionally, it must be rather boring sitting at an airport fire station and doing nothing all shift. 

• Like 1

David Sheridan, how are you? Just seen there’s been an earthquake in the Philippines.

@MRS B thanks dear I am shaken but not stirred , actually it was further south so didn't feel , but funny though as Micheal buble was singing just sway on the radio , so I blame him  !

@benjamin1945 thanks our kid , swinging is getting to be abit of a challenge nowadays , I gave it some rice on the roundabout though , until a burly  policeman turfed  me off saying kids only  !

• Like 1
7 hours ago, philmayfield said:

I heard the best excuse ever in the pub last night. A friend got a call on his mobile to which he replied ‘I can’t speak to you now, I’m just landing an aeroplane!’

Was drinking bomber ale or shippos  ??

Happy belated birthday Ben!.

Today I decided to see if I could get a bit further than the few hundred wobbly legged steps I took yesterday. That Covid certainly can knock you about.. .
I decided on a slow but determined assault on the summit of mighty Billinge Hill, taking a newly opened route. Beautiful blue sky and a different perspective from the new route helped me along. Close up, crocus, daffodils and the white flowers of Amelanchier hinted at spring, despite the bitter cold.
I made it to the top and took in the panoramic views of North Wales, Derbyshire, Bowland etc, also easily picking out Pendle Hill, Blackpool Tower, Manchester, Liverpool, Jodrell Bank telescope etc. A very nice day indeed and a real boost for the spirit.
I also wanted to clock up some distance to see how my 'unfixed' knee reacts, now that I have a nice new one to take a lot of the strain. I have a pre-op booked in a couple of weeks but am still trying to weigh up the pros and cons of having the second knee done.
Eitherway..positive day.:)

• Like 7

Belated birthday greetings Ben.

Look wot we woke up to. Welcome to the sunny South...

20230308-063534.jpg

• Like 2