How's your day?

I miss my walks with my dog but at least Sammie has va nice home, the young lady who adopted him just loves him to bitsĀ 

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Very windy this morning!! Out on the field at the back in the dark wrestling a tarpaulin off of the chicken run.

Avian flu has meant they can no longer run free so to keep them in a run is the only answer but this brings problems of shelter; when running free they are adept at finding shelter when it rains or is very windy. In a run you can provide some protection from the elements with a tarpaulin however in very windy weather the whole thing becomes like a box kite and can end up three fields away. Bit like the Gazebos that folk leave out after a BBQ and the next day there they are gone!!

Ā 

Today I shall be mostly in my garage out the wind wrestling with a Riley water pump. When it has won the contest then I shall sit inside muttering.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I've had a lazy quiet day by myself as Mrs Col is at daughter's helping with childcare.

Took the opportunityĀ  to watch the film of 'Where The Crawdads Sing', from the novelĀ by Delia Owens. I think it's a clever, original and beautiful story. It's been showing on Sky Premier HD.

I got the novelĀ on Audible last year having heard about it because the lead was played by Daisy Edgar-Jones, of 'Normal People' fame.Ā 

As ever the film lacks a lot of the subtlety, detail

and nuance of the book, but at least they got the atmosphere and the basic plot right.

I enjoyed it.

Recommended.

Ā 

• Like 1

Murky outside today cloudy and raining. May go to the local leisure centre to see if can catch a game of badminton.

Garage awaits with Riley water pump and fitting of inlet manifold with single SU of the period. Also got couple of jobs on Chrysler to do , petrol gauge stopped working I suspect the new petrol composition playing havoc with float. Means taking lots of stuff off of the back of the car.

Ā 

DJ I watched Where Crawdads Sing Ā other night and like you I prefer the book, that is the case for many films.

• Like 1

My daughter has now been designing clothes, among other things since she graduated. These days she doesn't often bother to show us what's hers in the shops, but here's something she has in Matalan at the moment. It seems t be selling very well.

https://www.matalan.co.uk/product/detail/s2946533_c211/girls-green-schiffley-co-ord-set-4-13yrs-green

Ā 

Some years ago she was on the Matalan design staff, but found it a bit tame. These days she's Freelance.

• Like 5

Col, your daughterā€™s design looks very pretty and I like the colour, butĀ I fear it would need ironing.
However, someĀ people I know actually like doing ironing!Ā You must be very proud of her success

• Like 1

Margie, I gave up ironing many years ago when I created tramlines in hubbies Army trousers. He does all the ironing now. Canā€™t say I miss it.

Don't tell the master that i have posted this!!

Ā 

One day master asked me to show him how to iron, so startingĀ  on easy things eg Hankies then more advanced. Hankies easy pesyĀ  next shirts??Ā  Ā  Ā 

Wel;l he placed the shirt on the ironing board, and it fell off,Ā Ā twice more, each time he placed on the board by the time he had picked up the iron the shirt was on the floor.Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  By thim time the master had given up.Ā 

OKĀ  Whats next on the list.

I think the word obey is optional now, Trogg, but for centuries it was part of the marriage vows for women only! No way would I ever have promised to obey any man but, then, no way would I ever get married.Ā  It must have been said by grandma Kate when she married Ted Sparrow in 1919 but she had no intention of honouring it any more than Ted had any intention of forsaking all others.

• Like 2

SO Do i Phil........i often think ive had a good idea and my beloved convinces me ''Its not''...........I sometimes rebel a little........but in the end give in....because i know she has more Common sense....i am a dreamer'' so she tells me............

I wouldn't say my wife is always right, but even bad cheese and a dodgy curry wouldn't dare disagree with her !

• Upvote 1

Ladies 10Ā  Ā  Gents 1

21 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

TO love honour and Iron all his shirts......should be in the Marriage Vows....:)

OHHHHĀ  Ā come on Ben thatsĀ  Ā  NOĀ  Ā  way to talk.

We had a call at 7.15pmĀ yesterday evening from our daughter whose car wouldnā€™t start and she was stuck in the Victoria Centre car park on the deserted third floor. She was unable to get a reply from the AA. She was panicking! I grabbed my portable jump starterĀ and we both set off. We arrived half an hour later to meet a rather frightened young lady. The empty floor was very eerie! My starter pack had no effect on what was obviously a very depleted battery. I could get no phone response from the AA either so I contacted them via their app. This produced a reaction and after a wait of over an hour the AA man arrived, found the battery to be extremely low but started the car with hisĀ more powerful kit. As the car was approaching five years old I asked for a new battery which fortunately he had on his van. I had to pay Ā£4.20 to get out and Ā£200 for a battery. She then had a 25 mile drive home to her village but was back by 11pm. It was not the relaxing evening I had been anticipating!

• Like 1

What a horrible experience for your daughter, Phil. Ā It must have been unnerving for her being onĀ that deserted floor of the car park. Ā  Ā Good thing that mum and dad were able to come to her rescue!

• Like 1

It was very scary in that car park. Even I felt uneasy as I never venture into Nottingham at night due to the potential of getting mugged. She called usĀ rather than her six foot boyfriend because weĀ livedĀ closer! I did remind her we were both OAPā€™s!

• Like 1