How's your day?

The problem now is finding a garage that sells ethanol free 5 star so you have to either add a fuel stabiliser or use Rog’s ethanol separation method. 

I always keep a can of Easy Start handy. That always kicks recalcitrant engines into life and saves the tiresome pulling.

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Just been watching 'Grace' on ITV., during the last section at 9.45pm. the scene which involved a derelict pub "Prince Edward" is our local village pub, which is just up the road from me, about 1/4 mile. It is/was the 'Horns Lodge'. Never saw anybody filming there.

As its been closed a few years, it's a pity they didn't burn it down for real.

• Like 1

Someone at my husband’s work yesterday asked him if I could show his wife how to iron uniform shirts as his always looked smart and crisp. He told the guy that he always does the ironing cos he’s better at it than me having been in the Army for 22 years - true and I’m not complaining at all. 

• Like 3

Does he take ironing in Mrs B?  Asking for a friend! 
Actually I don’t need to do much ironing these days, not like when I had two sons at school, in white shirts, 6 days a week, and a husband wearing at least 5 clean shirts a week.   

Haha very funny Lizzie. To be fair, 90% of the ironing is his anyway with uniform shirts and sports shirts. Now I’m a “lady of leisure” and an allotmenteer I don’t wear much that needs ironing these days, more so in the summer really but he does that too.

I slob about most of the time in M&S elasticated waist trousers and loose sweatshirts. Obviously  I don't need  elastic :rolleyes:, it's just easier than faffing with belts and buttons... Honest..

I tend to wash them  along with socks etc., all in one load on a 30C wash and have them dried and away in hours. No ironing required, though I can manage that if necessary. Mrs Col fusses too much so  I just do my own.

I did that last lot last Monday while the boss was out. Then hoovered and then washed the kitchen floor.

I was on a roll, so decided to lay a couple of paving slabs, as that job was left half finished when my knees gave up. It didn't go as smoothly as I'd have liked, but managed it. Decided that when the weather improves I'll try to do one a day...only ten to go...

Next day I was wiped out  My fault..

So yesterday, still wiped out, I contented myself with a stroll around B&Q checking out a few prices and products for bits of jobs I've got planned.

Today I 'prepped' the ground for a couple more pavers, but was put off by rhe strong cold wind.

So, get a warm fleece on and take a walk to the shops...

Fancy a beer and have had none in the house for a while..

As we get older, we just have to learn to pace ourselves each day. I’ve written out a list of jobs I need/want to do in the near future and tick them off when they’re done ….. very satisfying.  These jobs are extra to the usual housework type jobs btw and I’ve even cut down on these!!   I fold the dry washing very carefully to avoid  ironing, although a few things do still need it.

My job today was washing a box of toy cars from the Toddler Group.  I’ve done 5 boxes of other toys over the last week but still got lots more to do before they all return after half term.

I quite like it as it gives me the opportunity to chuck broken ones and make sure everything is in its right box ( when the mums and kids tidy up

after the group, things are just dropped into The nearest box !)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We had a little trip to Wilford Hill Cemetery this afternoon to say ‘Hello’ to my dear old Dad and put some lovely red roses on his grave.  It’s 10 years ago today when he passed away at the age of 91, after surviving 25 years on his own following my Mum’s early death from cancer.  
He missed becoming a Great Grandad by just a couple of weeks unfortunately.
We may go to the pub tonight and have a drink to him! 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Finished the 'Joseph' wall yesterday, at last! (Wall of many colours). Had to get my brickie mate to help eventually. 9 different makes of reclaimed bricks used.  Had to grade them by thickness and power wash the lot. Today I will continue with the landscaping by preparing a raised footpath, ready for about 50 small antique paving stones that were formerly in our cottage passageway. This fine weather is a Godsend - want to stay outside all the time.  

• Like 1

Well yesterday was a sunny day for working in the garden, I started with scarifying the lawns ,nine full large bags  taken straight to the  recycling centre. Then it was given a weed feed and moss killer dressing followed by emptying chimney pots of plants and compost, refilled those ready for new plants. Onto moving 40 left over building blocks, unused from building   a retaining wall, to a more suitable place for storage till I  find a use for them.  I then potted on 120 plug plants recently received , after cleaning tools and tidying up I thought it was turning cold so  I packed in for the day. 

Last night I couldnt sleep with aches and pains every where, finally I gave up at  3oclock and settled for loads of black coffee and cigarettes vowing that Saturday was going to be a day of rest and contemplation.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

No pain no gain Trogg, it will be all worth it when you are sitting in the garden surrounded with beautiful plants and flowers just chilling out

Rog

Hope you're better soon Trogg 

As Margie pointed out to me a few days ago, us 'Owds' need to pace ourselves. Took me three days to recover from laying two flags, so yesterday I did just one. That was quite enough, clearing/ consolidating the ground, mixing the mortar, moving the 2x2 concrete lump etc.

Today I went out and bought enough sand etc .. to finish the job, but just getting them from car to back yard was quite enough, so no paving today.. Cut the grass instead and my mower decided to shed one of the blades of  the hover fan, which made it vibrate horrendously and go twice as loud.

Probably fixable, but I've been hankering after a little cordless Ryobi jobby from their One + range, for which I already have batteries and charger plus other tools.. so think I'll go for it.

Moving 2 by 2 slabs I found a easy way of moving 3 by 2 slabs that were the steps leading up to my lawn, a rather large hammer and then put the pieces into a wheel barrow and left on my drive for a nice man in a lorry to take them away with all the other sub soil etc I had to remove. Laying slabs of any size is to much for me ,so take it easy DJ ,as my wife and family keep telling me "you are an old man now", bless them ,it saves being in the house doing housework.

• Like 2

Trogg, I have several 3x2 flags which were destined to be a shed base, but that idea has been abandoned, so they will probably get broken up and put in the bin a bit at a time until gone. Only 9 2x2s to sort now, then my paving days will be over... :)

We've got quite a lot of pot holes on our road Col., that is, if you fancy getting rid of your flagstones. I can even lend you a wheelbarrow to transport 'em. I'm sure you and Trogg would do a splendid job.  thumbsup

Sadly Beekay, despite being an official Old Pavior, after I finish my patio, Only the Old will apply..:laugh:

5 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I've been hankering after a little cordless Ryobi jobby from their One + range, for which I already have batteries and charger plus other tools.. so think I'll go for it.

I have a 40v Ryobi electric mower generally excellent but one word of caution, just make sure the deck goes low enough to cut your lawn to the desired height.

• Upvote 1

Well do any of members have this problem ??

Last few months making the bed  put quilt into it's cover and????

just can not get it into the corners 

WHY???

Never Ever had this happern before!!

it is horrible trying to pull a quilt up to go round your shoulders and all you get is the top end of the cover, 

Help

Why has this just started ?

I give it a good shake not once but maybe 5/7 times pull it this way and that way. 

Still quilt 10 me 1  

One day maybe I will master it.

2 hours ago, mary1947 said:

just can not get it into the corners 

Turn the cover inside out. Put your arms inside to the corners. Get hold of the corners of the quilt. Shake the cover down your arms over the quilt. With a large double, you can stand over the bannister and shake it into the stairwell. First saw it done in Switzerland, and it's never let me down.

Happy Easter Sunday from the birthday girl. I was born in the front bedroom at 19 Tollerton Lane 68 years ago, actually on Easter Saturday. Afterwards apparently my dad spent most of the day at the front gate, telling passers by that he had a little girl, having already got two boys bless him.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Happy Birthday , Mrs.Blowbroth,  have a great day and and Easter Blessings to you and yours.x