How's your day?

Happy Easter to everyone (even non believers) Apparently Christian believers in the UK have dropped to 46%........never been a Church goer but always a believer.......

Easter Sunday brings back happy memories of putting on your Sunday best'' and a mile walk to see Grandma and Grandad for dinner..,,hand in hand with Mam and Dad....and the weather was always sunny (rose tinted,may be) with the sound of Church Bells coming from all directions..........different time different ways..........

• Like 4
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Happy Birthday , Mrs.Blowbroth,  have a great day and and Easter Blessings to you and yours.x

Beekay, thanks. According to the Suffolk dialect dictionary Blowbroth means meddling old busy body ???? Haha

2 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

never been a Church goer but always a believer.......

I've never been a believer and am generally tolerant of others' beliefs until they try and shove it down my throat, but in the words of that late great Irish comedian Dave Allen

"May your God go with you"

@MRS B  I used to meet with three friends from our aircraft syndicate at the nearby Air Hostess on a Saturday lunch time. The landlord in those days was Peter Wright who I knew from my primary school days in Woodthorpe. Margie may remember him. He had a brother called Anthony.

Yes; I remember Peter Wright from Primary school, also his brother Anthony (I ‘went out’ with Ant when I was 15 and he was a year younger!)

Mrs B a late Birthday wish have a great day.:tanning:

8 hours ago, oldphil said:

Turn the cover inside out. Put your arms inside to the corners. Get hold of the corners of the quilt. Shake the cover down your arms over the quilt. With a large double, you can stand over the bannister and shake it into the stairwell. First saw it done in Switzerland, and it's never let me down.

Many thanks for the advice did see this done by one of the staff at JL tried it . Worked first time second try well you know what I'm going to say. I could as you say and hold it over the bannister and shake it into the stairwell. The only fault with that is we live in a bungalow but many many thaks for your help. Have come to a decision i am going to shorten my quilt cover by at least a foot, and if that doe's noit work I might go back to blanket's and an eiderdown 

@philmayfield do you mean that Ant lived on Greys Road when he was an adult?  He lived on Fisher Avenue when we were ‘going out’.  Btw, I mentioned your name to Sue P last time I saw her and she said she remembered you!  We are seeing her again on the day before the meet up.

@MRS B Happy Birthday.  Sorry I’m a bit late x

5 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Btw, I mentioned your name to Sue P last time I saw her and she said she remembered you!  We are seeing her again on the day before the meet up.

@MargieHwill you ask Sue P how her little brother is doing and let me know the next day please?! 

I remember it like that living in Nuthall in the 50s the bells of St Patricks church ringing the cawing of the rooks in the trees along the main road and the general peacefulness of the village and visiting relatives.

Thanks for all your birthday greetings. My son came to see me and someone very kindly biffed his car while he was here, fortunately only cosmetic and driveable but annoying. 
Just got back from a lovely meal out so a birthday well enjoyed.

Phil, I can remember the Air Hostess being built, the nearest one before that was the Griffin at Plumtree.

@LizzieM  I will try to remember to ask her about him.  I remember Sue bringing him into the top playground one day when he was about 2 !  He was wearing a little quilted type snow suit:  (why should I remember that I wonder)

• Like 1

Ref quilt covers, I think they are making them too big anyway now and I hate it if the quilt doesn’t reach the top. I have always put the cover on the bed, then the quilt on top. Fold each side of the quilt in to the middle, then the top of what’s left to the bottom and put this half way in the cover. Unfold the top and then the sides, making sure that the top of the quilt and the corners sits in line with the top of the cover. 
A relation of mine used to work for Ponden Mill and took part in a timed “put the quilt in the cover” competition on breakfast telly many years ago. This was how she did it and won.

• Like 1

Had a very amusing and heart warming episode yesterday at Sheffield Park. When I arrived and parked my car next to a picnic area, there were three nursery nurses with 7 or 8 toddlers sitting on the grass, eating bananas or biscuit bar. I said hello and welcomed them to the park and asked if they were going into the garden on the Easter egg trail. One of the nurses said, "We were but she's forgotten the membership card". So I said don't worry I'll have a word in reception when I pick up my radio. I explained the problem and reception said it would be okay. I went back to the nursery group and told them to go in and say, "Barrie sent us", which they did. Reception staff were in hysterics as all the toddlers, who were only about 2 or 3 years old yelled as one..."Barrie sent us, we give a biscuit" !  It's not much but it set me up for the day. As PP says, 'Life is Good'.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

The gods’ or whatever they are, must be finding it difficult to substantiate their existence and principles of love between peoples, graciousness, sacrifice, and turning the other cheek somewhat increasingly delusional, especially in the so called centre of ‘holiness’ in Jerusalem!

In the end, it’s just a mere figment of fantasy.

@MRS B Belated Happy Birthday from Col!!

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Advent calendars will be out next week!

They’ll certainly be producing them now if not shortly.