• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

My mum who went from 4’ 10 and a half down to 4’ 7” always said:

”Good things come in small packages”

Getting shorter is all to do with the compaction of the spine I believe as you get older. It is annoying especially if you’re already short like I am. Margie you made me laugh with the 4” 10 and a half bit. Reminded me about when we were little and someone asked our age and we always added the 1/2 as we wanted to be older. Now I just want to say I’m 21 again! 

I used to joke about my daily check list before leaving the house.  Medication yes, teeth yes, glasses yes, hearing device batteries yes, truss yes (the last bit was the joke but not anymore). :rolleyes: Anyway - hernia op planned for 23rd May.

Oddly enough I'm really enjoying life. Still fishin, rowin, cyclin and drinkin :cool:

• Like 3

I dread developing a dowager's hump! It's not confined to females but they do seem to be more prone to it than males. I don't think there's anything wrong with my bones. I've had a few falls, the last after I slipped on some apple sauce spilled by a customer and not cleaned up by the supermarket where I was shopping. It was the same colour as the floor tiles and not immediately obvious. I fell very heavily with my left leg underneath me. Fortunately, no damage, not even a bruise, so the old bones must be quite resilient. Nothing wrong with the tongue,either, because it gave the manager a rollicking for not having the apple sauce cleaned up!  Felt a real wally but so did he after I'd finished.

• Like 1

Lovely walk around Newark this morning, plenty of fruit and veg for sale on the market and a fair amount of clothing stalls, a nice coffee in the cafe then called in at Access models to get some brass strips hopefully be able to make a bracket for my latest cycle lamp project, anyway, back home for a quick coffee then out again this time around the village delivering the local monthly magazine (45 copies), just fancied a cheese burger so had a walk down to Bassingham (1.5miles each way) to the butchers for a couple of home made beefburgers, after that I'm getting the Raleigh Activator 2 bike out for a steady ride around the locality, hope you all enjoy your day as much as I am

Rog

• Like 4

Just read the adventures of Rog..........now going for a lay down....fix me Brass Bracket later.......:Shock:

• Like 2

You put me to shame Rog.......so much so got me neglected Bike out and did a couple of miles.......thanks mate...:)

• Like 2

@MRS B  my mum actually said her height was “Four foot ten and a half, and a tea leaf - standing lengthways not on its side!”

• Like 1

Great stuff Ben you don't have to do many miles to feel the benefit some days I only go to the next village and back a total of three miles but it's better than nothing, keep peddling mate

Rog

• Like 1

Bracket cut and bent into the right shape and wrapped around the main framework, just need to find my old soldering iron now to make a permanent job of it, I have the cycle bracket in place just to make sure everything lines up

DSCF2154.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Thanks Barrie, still have to make the chimney yet but not seen another lamp like this to copy so I might have to use a bit of artistic licence

Rog

On this day 56 years ago it snowed in Nottingham. I didn't see it because I was in bed in the eye infirmary with pads over both eyes. Mrs PP was in Peel St giving birth to our son. I had been made redundant a week earlier and there was a possibility of me being blind for life. Amazing how things turned out for us all. Probably mentioned this before but it is something that I have often looked back on when things get tough.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Busy day today, first off got the strimmer out with the hedge cutting attachment to chop down the brambles that are getting a bit over powering in the field at the back of my garden, I always keep the grass cut for the length of my garden and about three meters out since the field has been allowed to run wild, some sort of payment from some ministry or other, anyway, strimmer and attachment cleaned oiled and put away, bird feeders washed, dried and refilled, got to look after the little fellas especially now they have a nest full of hungry chicks, now onto the vintage engines and first to get started was the Lister D of 1951 vintage, not had it running for a long time but it fired up second turn of the handle, next the Lister ST of 1962 vintage same again fired up left them running for half an hour, mixed some more E10 petrol with water to produce the Unleaded fuel for the powered garden equipment, I will separate that in the morning and decant it into the fuel can.  Brother and Sister in law turned up bearing a gift for me of a restoration project that should really try my skills/patience, pictures to follow

Rog

• Like 1

Up early this morning, 06.30 breakfast of toast and English marmalade cup of coffee and listen to the news on BBC four,atco electric start mower out and unleaded fuel put in the tank from my supply, grass on the back garden cut and looking good, bike ride to Stapleford village then onto Brant Broughton via the back lanes (hardly any traffic) and back home the same way, quick coffee and into the shed for the latest restoration project, completely in the dark over this one but "learn as you go" so in with both feet, this time it is a Torsion sprung antique clock *anniversary clock as some call them), never really had anything to do with clocks apart from winding them up, this one is dead because the torsion spring is missing (well one of the correct length anyway) and the bottom securing block, so far I have removed the main clock framework and released the tension from the main spring, checked on auction site for spare parts and ordered them, now I need to find out the correct length of torsion spring so I can match the new one to it, all good fun, anyway here is the poorly clock

DSCF2165.jpg

DSCF2163.jpg

DSCF2164.jpg

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Don't tell me you're going to fix this so you can put it on your Humber bike.  :rolleyes:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Beekay said:

Don't tell me you're going to fix this so you can put it on your Humber bike.  :rolleyes:

Why not, Your car has a clock in it, no mate never worked on a clock before but quite enjoying this one, taking my time and making plenty of notes, doing a lot of measuring and cleaning as I go, if this one is successful I can see me looking out for another one to play with, received my invitations to show the old bikes at Ashby Magna vintage show, Lineside vintage show and Heckington vintage show, there is a few more to show the bikes but I'm waiting on them at the moment

Rog

I’ve done quite a bit of work on old clocks in the past. It was one of my many passing interests. I always took photographs from all angles before I dismantled them.  I have a copy of ‘The Clock Repairer’s Handbook’ if it’s of any use. My clock restoring days are over. 
@letsavagoorequest for a lathe reminded me that I have a Harrison M250 in the workshop which I haven’t had cause to use for over 15 years. I didn’t like to offer my services as I wasn’t sure if it still worked. It only took half an hour to find the correct lubricant, inject oil into the lubrication points and wipe it over with a paraffin rag. It looks reasonably passable now and started and ran with no problems. Fortunately I have the original handbook so I worked out what all the knobs do! I gather @siddhahas offered his assistance and as I haven’t done any lathe work in years he will be considerably more competent.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1