How's your day?

My day today.. I've been ordered to put up Mrs Col's hand made bunting..which last saw action when we had a street party for Liz 2's Jubilee.

Then I'm popping down to Tesco for a few more Bread Sticks or similar as I'm contributing my famous home made hummus to our street party tomorrow. Actually on the field at the bottom of our cul de sac.

I won't be glued to the telly. I'll make do with the endless repeats and edited highlights.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Sat in Greggs in Newark this morning having a quiet drink, small fella comes strutting in and goes straight to the pre order counter, nothing wrong in that until you find out he's not pre ordered anything so he kicks off shouting and cussing then came out with the punch line to end all punch lines, "I'm come here from Nottingham and if you were owt of a man you'd come round here and we'll sort it out" well the young girl behind the counter looked shocked (owt of a man) anyway he stormed off shouting and swearing as he went, nice to have a bit of entertainment in Newark for a change, then there was a lovely lady all dressed up in a beautiful Victorian looking dress/frock complete with parasol and lace gloves, I passed the comment to her that she looked lovely and really brightened the place up, she thanked me and replied she was looking for a prince charming to which I replied "sorry me duck I'm already spoken for, oh how we laughed, all good fun though, now time to go down the village to watch the wheel barrow race complete with wives in the barrows and before you ask no I'm not taking part

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
13 hours ago, DJ360 said:

The Dentist pinched one of my teeth and charged me £120 for the privilege... Even Lizzie got better value.:laugh:

Are you with an nhs dentist. Tooth extraction is band 2 = £70.70

Covers all treatment included in Band 1, plus additional treatment, such as fillings, root canal treatment and removing teeth (extractions).

Just thought that I would let members know (thats if you are interested)   went shopping to our local CO_OP and wanted a newspaper, but every one was about Charlie, then I saw Nottingham Post Souvenir Celebrating A Forest Legend. Well worth buying  one.

• Like 1

I went for a Covid jab this morning at Southwell Leisure Centre. As usual parking was a problem as the local ‘god botherers’ have a Sunday service at the Minster School. The Covid park was full but I found a place between two ‘botherers’ cars hoping nobody I knew would see me and think I’d joined the sect. I got the jab and was asked if I was driving. When I said yes I was told to sit in my car for 15 minutes before leaving. I said as I was only 5 minutes drive away I’d sit in my car for 15 minutes when I get home. He looked at me and probably thought ‘silly old bugger’. :biggrin:

• Like 2

Had our flu jab last week, I think it was done with a half inch water pipe as it hurt like hell and was sore for three days.

When we have our Covid jabs they make you sit in a waiting area for 15 minutes afterwards to see if you have any adverse reactions.

Had the latest covid last week no pain no after effects waited for fifteen minutes after shot that is the norm after the shots. Good job Notts Co.it was a close call but playing the neighbors Chesterfield at Wembley looking forward to reading your match report Oz.

• Upvote 1

Today started off alright nice sunshine and quite mild however as soon as I got the mower out to cut the grass the dark clouds came over and that was that, rain for the rest of the day so after getting lunch all prepared I went in the shed to do a little more work on the torsion clock resto, all cleaned now and new torsion spring and bottom block fitted now comes the hardest part, getting it to run consistently and regulated, I have also ordered some new handlebars for the Raleigh Activator 2 these have a two inch rise as opposed to the ones that are on which are flat they should be here at then end of the week, anyway hope you all had a great day

DSCF2190.jpg

Rog

• Like 1

Up bright and early,06.30, coffee and toasted tea cake then out on the Raleigh Pioneer bike for a few miles (only about seven miles) back home for another coffee then get the garden machines out ready for some work, first was the petrol strimmer to do the bit of field at the back of my garden then the Honda mower to cut the grass on the back garden, more coffee followed by a good clean down of the machines before putting them away then settling down in the shed for an hour to carry on with the clock resto, indoors to get some lunch ready for when Mrs P gets back from the gym, today was pork steak with salad and rice I went for the less healthy option and had air fryer chips with mine then the heavens opened up with heavy rain and thunder and lightening so that was it for any outdoors work, time now for a shower and a catchup on here and emails, hoping you all had a great day

Rog

I feel sad today.  Paul said there was a bright rainbow so I looked up (I’ve always loved rainbows) but I couldn’t see the colours… I could sort of see where it was but it just looked white and a kind of lemon colour .  Must admit I cried as it was as such a shock.  .  I can see all the colours in most things albeit a bit faded but the colours in the rainbow just seemed non existent.  I’m crying again now as I write this because I know I’ll never ever see a rainbow again……

• Like 1

Ah that’s really sad Margie, maybe it’s just an ‘off day’?  Might it improve?  Don’t suppose it helped when I sent you a totally black picture last night 

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear that Margie, but maybe you were just at the wrong angle at the wrong time in the wrong lighting conditions. Maybe the next time one appears, things will be back to normal.

• Upvote 1

Why not try singing one instead?

Red and yellow and pink and green

Orange and purple and blue.

I can sing a rainbow,

Sing a rainbow,

Sing a rainbow, too.

Listen with your eyes,

Just listen with your eyes

And sing everything you see.

I can sing a rainbow,

Sing a rainbow,

Sing along with me!

Etc

Singing always makes you feel better!

• Upvote 1

Up extra early this morning (04.30) the blackbird in the garden was in fine voice, never mind I usually get up about 05.00 on a Thursday to go to the ASDA and get the shopping done early, usually back home for 07.00 the rest of the day is our own then to do as we please, well Put my clean ex army work trousers on and noticed a hole in the knee area so out with the sewing machine and scissors and after half an hour I now have a pair of ex army work "shorts" cant be doing with sewing the hole up or putting a patch over it so shorts it is, tried them out on a bike ride through Norton Disney past the old Swinderby airfield (ex RAF) down to Thurlby (birth place and ancestral home of Gonville Bromhead of ZULU fame) up to Bassingham and back home, a bit of garden tidying before the rain set in then in the shed for a bit of cycle cleaning, about it really apart from doing a bit of dinner and the odd cuppa, hope you all had an enjoyable day

Rog

• Like 1

So sorry to about the missing rainbow Margie, it maybe just an off day but if it isnt  I know you have the strength of character to deal with it and come out of the other side with even more rainbows in your heart.

• Upvote 1

Just read you post M maybe its just a blip (Maybe bit colour blindness) but you can get glassers to correct it (I Think)  

Get well soon 

x

• Upvote 1

Sorry to hear about the rainbow Margie. I hope it's temporary, but as Trogg says, you are a strong Lady.

• Upvote 1
15 hours ago, MargieH said:

I feel sad today.  Paul said there was a bright rainbow so I looked up (I’ve always loved rainbows) but I couldn’t see the colours… I could sort of see where it was but it just looked white and a kind of lemon colour .  Must admit I cried as it was as such a shock.  .  I can see all the colours in most things albeit a bit faded but the colours in the rainbow just seemed non existent.  I’m crying again now as I write this because I know I’ll never ever see a rainbow again……

Sorry to read this Margie, , I'm hopelessly colour blind so have never seen rainbow colours but it must be terrible for you having seen the colours previously, I hope the problem is just a hic up and your eyesight gets back to normal as soon as possible

Rog

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I looked wistfully at the unset seeds in their packets on the hall table yesterday and decided it was too late to set them now. Off we went to Shirley Nurseries to buy some plants. We’ve now got four cucumber and eighteen tomato plants ready to plant in the two greenhouses. £29 lighter plus £30 for the ring culture pots. I’ve just got to get the potting compost and some growbags plus some pepper plants. For the amount spent we would be able to buy a lot of produce from the supermarket without all the hassle of tending, feeding and watering. I sometimes wonder why I bother!

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for the supportive comments.  I usually just ‘get on with it’ but the rainbow tipped me over the edge.  I’ve had (and am still having) a happy and fulfilled life, for which I really thank God.

Margie x

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1