• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

I woke at 4.30 this morning after a dream about winning the Euromillions lottery. I checked my iPhone and there was a message saying ‘I had won a lottery prize’. I couldn’t log in at that time of morning so I went back to sleep dreaming about what I would do with the £35 million and all of the people I could make happy. I logged in again at 6am and my trembling hands revealed I’d won £2.40. I immediately put a  £2 lucky dip on tonight’s lottery so I’m still 40p up and it’s all to play for.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Odd that, Phil, because I woke up at the same time and logged onto NS, where I saw your name. It gets light so early now. I'd had a peculiarly vivid dream, too, but not about the lottery.

• Like 1

I can report that my lottery performance  is consistent. I never win.

Still... (fanfare) ... today I finally laid the last of about 40 2'x2' pavers..  Yippee!! I still need to lay a few 2x1 s, but that's much easier.

• Upvote 1

P.S. I've  been watching 'Without Sin', based in Nottm and starring Vicky McClure. 

I can't say I'm gripped by it, but there are familiar locations and some 'maybe' references to local crime which make it interesting.

• Upvote 1

Without sin ??   watched first one must be a bit thick i lost the thread so gave up. ;

Trogg may i be the first to put an order in. My decking as now seen better days, all surports underneth have ' gone (don't know to where) ask joiner for a quote but he can not replace it till September, so unless you can replace my decking trogg it will just have to stay as it is.

Going back to TV Thursday 18th May Rolf Harris Hiding in Plain Sight    ITVX Factual 

Jailing a Predator   I think most of us were taken by his charms.

Mary replace decking?  ME you must be joking , even the word sends me into cold shivers. I dont want to go near mine now as it revives memories of pain and suffering. The only time I have been on it since it was completed was when I went on it to hide from someone , but she found me and I was  sentenced to vacuuming.

Not connected with owt, but can anybody tell me what ' Community Reputation' means, in the green box on personal info. In my case it says 4,372 ?

@DJ360 We are also watching ‘Without Sin’ and find it quite tense …. The last episode had better give us the real truth but I suppose it won’t..

nice to see one of the lions in the last episode but not my favourite one (the right hand one) which was my meeting place 60 odd years ago 

• Upvote 1

Up early this morning and off to the asda at 05.45, back home by 07.15 and shopping put away, washed the car then out on the bike for an hour, about eight miles today just local lanes but the air was fresh and it started to get warmer, in the shed for a bit more work on the clock project, it's getting somewhere near now so a few more fine adjustments should see it sorted, tomato plants put in bigger pots in the greenhouse and transplanted a few mini bell pepper plants that I saved the seeds from last year, all in all quite a productive day so happy with that, hope you all had a good and productive day whatever you got upto

Rog

• Like 3

@MargieH

Well as I said Margie, it wasn't exactly gripping me and I was  beginning to wonder how long 'Stella' was keeping that wooly hat on. ... but the significance of the series title became much clearer.

There was a resolution,, we found out who did the murder, 'Charles was freed, etc. I missed the last couple of sentences between Stella and Charles. I'm left wondering where the organised criminal family jumped..

On 5/17/2023 at 10:15 AM, philmayfield said:

I should have said Hendon. I’ve been many times. There’s another superb and similar museum at Cosford. Newark’s not bad but on a much smaller scale.

I remember a day out at Duxford with our boys and two of their friends back in the 1990s.  There was a Concorde on display, a bit of a carcass  without seats and showing miles of electric wires. The kids loved it all but then, when we got back to my car,  someone had totally blocked us in but luckily some strong men were on hand to lift the offending car out of the way!  

Back around maybe 1990 ish.... I was one of a small group of Career Advisers from St Helens invited to a 'familiarisation' visit to RAF Cosford. Those visits were very much about helping us understand the opportunities  in the forces, so that we could pass that on to young people. 

On this occasion I drove three of us down to Cosford  On arrival, I was immediately  payed a very respectable sum of cash to cover my fuel costs. One of my colleagues... notoriously 'tight', was spitting feathers at that.., but hadn't volunteered to drive.. 

During the overnight stay we were treated as Officers, accommodated in the Officers Mess, wined and dined etc. etc. Those visits really were a ,perk'.

The visit ended after lunch on the second day so, since I had the transport, I informed my two colleagues that I would like to visit the Cosford Museum before leaving, and very generously  offered to pay their admission fee..using the RAFs money I'd gained the previous day...

They agreed. 

A couple of hours sufficed.. but I remain very impressed by Cosford.  An amazing collection of V Bombers, other UK aircraft, Nazi 'V' weapons etc.. Well worth a visit.

• Like 1

I remember flying in to Duxford on an airshow day. I had to phone to book a landing slot and I had to circle over a nearby landmark and call them on the radio for joining instructions. It was a bit nerve racking landing in front of the large crowd, ensuring I would pull off a perfect landing. I parked up in front of the main viewing area but we weren’t permitted to stay with the aircraft so had to join the masses.

Another place I flew into many times was Old Warden airfield near Biggleswade They had terrific air shows, mainly flying the vintage aircraft from their museum (the Shuttleworth Collection). It’s well worth a trip there any time but to go on an airshow day is even better.

• Like 2

So far today I have planted up seeds for Runner Beans, outdoor Cucumbers and Crimson Morning Glory. All a bit late, but they've got two chances....

Spent today with friends at RHS Bridgewater in Worsley, Salford. It's not all formal gardens...this is a quick phone shot

Of 'Victoria Meadow', beyond which runs the Bridgewater Canal

https://photos.app.goo.gl/btmv438WLDxpGFxV7

Above said.. they have an amazing variety  of plants which seem to grow happily in local conditions, but are not generally seen in 'Yer average' garden.

Just got back from the surgery. Had our Covid jabs and that's six now. Think we'll go for the Full House. You can send sympathy messages now.

Feeling a bit bruised and sore after Tuesdays hernia op. Had keyhole this time.

I assumed that keyhole would have been less invasive than the knife but it does not feel like it. Maybe my fault for not taking painkillers. When discharged I was Issued with big boxes of Ibuprofen and Codeine but wasted on me. I am by nature, overactive and worry that if I'm not feeling pain I may be out there doing heavy work and damage myself :rolleyes:  

PP I think you should take the painkillers - but keep reminding yourself that just because you are pain free, it doesn’t mean you can carry on as usual with your active life.  Just give it a bit of time …….

pleased the surgery is now done, anyway x