How's your day?

PP, a friend of mine has had a couple of hernia ops in recent years, both open procedure as the herniae (?) were too large for keyhole. Both were done in daycase and I picked him up afterwards with a bottle of morphine and a pack of cocodamol to bring home.  He was in pain but wouldn't take any of the painkillers. He's an obstinate, stiff-necked person but recovered quite quickly and, at his post op review, the surgeon (the excellent Mr Nigam) was astounded to learn that he'd managed without any pain relief for a seven inch incision on both occasions.

Take it easy, PP, you'll be fine.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Not wishing to steal PPs thunder, but back in 2007 I went in Brighton hospital for a Gall bladder removal. When I came awake after the op., I noticed this huge plaster on my stomach so asked the surgeon, who came to see me, what's to do? He said that they had 3 attempts at keyhole surgery but finally had to open me up. So I was left with a 10inch scar and 4 stab wounds. I was led to believe a Gall bladder is about the size of a man's thumb. So why the long scar, unless they wanted to climb in and have a good look. Remember being hooked up to a machine that dosed Morphine. I was told by 'Pain management' nurse that even if I wanted to turn over a little, I was to press a button which would inject a dose of Morphine. After one go, didn't do it anymore as I didn't like the Woozy sensation it gave. That little 'routine' op put me off work for a year. !

In the throws of the process of selling my house buying another smaller property. Solicitors:angry2: enough said.

Hope things go smoothly for you Stavertongirl, a very stressful time!  We used to move every 4 or 5 years when we were a lot younger, always searching for something bigger and better, but don’t think I could face the upheaval now.  

The most stressfull move we made was of course from Notts to Australia as ten pound poms. There is a story to the journey with Qantas, thats for another day. The company that was shipping our furniture went bust and we had to pay again for it to be shipped. Not the best start to life in a new country, it turned up eventually after two years, we survived with a bed, fridge, TV and two large bean bags until we got our stuff.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

As mentioned on here before - we were rejected as ten Pound Poms in the 60's. Health insurance reasons. Been watching the program Ten Pound Poms on telly - entertaining over the top but based on essential truths.

Getting all my stuff together today, ready for the fishing trip to the Highlands tomorrow. Weather forecast looks decent.

Will you see Compo, PP? If so, give him my regards. I would love to see where he lives and the surrounding area.

• Upvote 1

What a day, followed a neighbour into Lincoln where he had to take his car for repairs and I bought him home but on the way back my exhaust started blowing so I phoned Kwik Fit Newark and they said they could sort it for me so off I went to Newark, left the car there and decided to catch the bus home instead of hanging around Newark for how ever long, anyway got home and hour and half later I'm back on the same bus going the other way back to Newark, I got a phone call from Kwik Fit saying the exhaust was done but a front nearside spring was broken, I said get it sorted and they replaced the drop link at the same time, so I am now in Newark waiting again, hour later phone call all is done and I can pick my car up, job done, a bit lighter in the pocket but the car is safe now which is the main thing, hope you've all had a better day than me

Rog

• Like 1

What a lovely morning...was up bright and early...then after a quick cycle around the local Park......Potted a few Plants...and set them out on the front Garden......although i say it myself they do look really nice.........

Made me think about my favourite song from school days........and still enjoy listening to it..........

• Like 3

I've learned something new today.

I also remember 'All things bright....' from school days, and remember seeing that the writer was Mrs C.F. Alexander.

But fully spelt out, she was Cecil Frances Alexander.

I never knew that Cecil could be used as a female name.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/All_Things_Bright_and_Beautiful

• Like 2

Last Thurs, I drove Mrs Col to the local hospital for a 'day case' operation on her eyelids. 'Blepharoplasty' I believe.

She emerged looking like a failed boxer a few hours later and has been in pain since, though the swelling and pain do seem to be slowly subsiding. All surgery was done from the inside of the lids.

I re-arranged my second knee op to allow time for Mrs Col's op and as I was driving her there my phone kept ringing. Mrs Col eventully answered. It was Wrightington Hospital saying that my re-arranged knee op can't go ahead because 'my' Anaesthetist is not working that day, and anyway, he wants to see me before the op. I'm guessing he's picked up on the Heart Failure stuff, new meds etc. It's fine because I want to discuss that stuff with him too. So now my op has gone from 23rd May, to 12th June, to a pre-op on 6th July and an op who knows when.

Hey Ho!

Meanwhile, I'm enjoying the weather, slowly sorting garden/patio etc.. and thinking life is pretty good.

https://www.facebook.com/dcannistraro/videos/805859123963226/

Try this one. If not it’s a drum group playing at my daughters hosts for the festival. They are so good and noisy and you really have to be there to appreciate them. There was a music group in the yard and the Timbales

( drums group) were playing along just like pop singers do when they want the audience to join in. 

3 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Sorry but don’t know what else I can do.

There's nothing you need to do Cherub. It's just me, I can't be arsed to join Facebook. Tried before and was inundated with pictures from people I'd never heard of. Enjoy your wine. Best wishes to you and yours.

17 hours ago, nonnaB said:

https://www.facebook.com/dcannistraro/videos/805859123963226/

Try this one. If not it’s a drum group playing at my daughters hosts for the festival. They are so good and noisy and you really have to be there to appreciate them

It produces the FB message saying that it can only be seen by certain people - those who may be friends of the person who originally posted it. It can't be copied around to anyone and everyone.

Ignore the above ! I've just found it. Amazing what you find, if you open your eyes innit.

I've not used a drive through car wash in years. I usually pressure wash and clean our cars myself. Occasionally I use an Albanian hand car wash in Newark where the blokes look scary but do a thorough job. As an extra bonus I get leathered off by Albanian ladies!

• Like 2

"I get leathered off by Albanian ladies!" You or the car Phil?, no don't answer that

Rog