• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Yeah me too Kev, I’ve had 4 layers on at the allotment today and cloched up my courgettes as they are suffering as are the French beans. It’s too cold for them and the next 2 weeks don’t look much better, particularly overnight.

If it's any consolation Oz,  the weather is exactly the same here in Sussex. I'm bloody cold. Never mind, it'll soon be Christmas. Cheers

• Like 1

Weather here is same. Thankyou CT that’s the one. Never gave Barrie a thought not being on FB.Stressful day so far. Husband has been talento ER . The local ambulance has taken him , He’s been in agony with his knee because Friday we walked over cobbles and he’s not too steady. Dr says it’s not the menisco so waiting for news.

Whoopeee!  The sun has emerged at last. Think I'll put me Polar jacket on and get the BBQ out.

• Like 1

I’ve actually been out in the cold today but only over to the greenhouses. It was a pleasant 25C inside and nothing required watering. I would normally be doing my weekly grass cutting tomorrow but the growth has slowed considerably so I’m ok for a few more days. On Monday a tree surgeon is coming to deal with a neighbour’s large ancient willow tree in his field hedge which semi uprooted itself last year and hangs over our garden. This requires the use of a telehoist, borrowed from a farmer friend, as there are some heavy high branches to remove. It’s previously been too boggy in my neighbour’s field to use the kit safely. I’ll just be watching; my tree climbing days are over!

• Like 1

In a rare righting of wrongs, it seems that we here in the North West  are getting the brighter warmer weather at present, but even here we are not getting quite what the forecasts promise.

Anyroadup... Today was mostly dedicated to seeking help for Mrs Col, who has been in severe pain since her eyelid surgery 8 days ago.

After hours on the phone yesterday, I secured an appointment for Mrs Col with the surgeon who did the work.

Result, he decided she has a Corneal Abrasion in the left eye, which 'never happens'.. Clearly..;)

The treatment is a 'bandage contact lens', which is just a soft lens with no prescription, to protect  the cornea while it heals..plus 4 hourly drops to prevent infection.  She's already much better. Also he said she no longer needs the greasy ointment which was preventing  her from seeing through the right eye, even though it's healing well. Progress .

Also got the Aircon on my 19 year old Civic re-gassed. Amazing it lasted so long.. £59 well spent..what with this tropical weather   ... :)

And finally, my Tomato Plants arrived yesterday from Sutton's.  Labelled 'live plants, urgent delivery.'... Only took them 7 days to travel from Cambs. .. They're currently on life support... 

Our fig tree, which is on a N/W facing wall has quite a few figs but they won’t come to anything in this part of the world. The only home grown ripe figs I’ve tasted were from an old south facing greenhouse in the village with the fig tree trained along the back wall. There was also a mulberry bush in the garden, the only one I’ve ever seen. I couldn’t go round it though as that was also up against a wall!

• Like 1

IMG-4625.jpg

Our fig tree tree once again is producing so many figs. Earlier this year our neighbour pruned it and told us it probably wouldn’t be so prolific . It’s got so many figs and every branch has at least 10-12 figs.We even had a third lot after the first and second flush.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Excellent Nonna...

No figs here but beans Cucumbers and tomatoes on the way.

Earlier I finally laid the last paver on my 'new improved' patio.

It's only a boring  rectangular thing, but at least it's now level and safe.

Can get on with the rest of the garden now.

• Like 1

Ooh you are lucky Nonna, what are you going to use them for? How’s your husband doing as well?

I allus thought 'Syrup of Figs' was quite productive. 

You could go into production Nonna.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MRS B said:

Ooh you are lucky Nonna, what are you going to use them for? How’s your husband doing as well?

Eat them for breakfast every morning. Us , my daughter and my son and family ( 8) 

36 minutes ago, Beekay said:

I allus thought 'Syrup of Figs' was quite productive. 

You could go into production Nonna.

Don’t think so Barrie. It’s easier to eat them. 

DJ360. Things here are a bit more forward. My neighbor gave me about 4 kg of courgettes and a friend every time I see her she gives me 3 great big heads of lettuce, we can never get through it. I’ve told her not to give me so much and the next time I see her she brings me eggs. ! 

• Like 1

I’d forgotten about the old syrup of figs remedy Beekay. You made me laugh