• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

No sore head this morning :biggrin:  Looking forward to a days fishing at Formark Res. Need to start testing the new prototype fly rods that I designed. Hoping to incorporate a new company within a few days but the prototype products are untested as yet :rolleyes:    Been testing cobbled together stuff all season so they should be OK.  80 = a new start .......

• Like 5

Carni 

KEEP CALM AND EAT CREAM CAKES OR AT LEAST THINK ABOUT THEM IF YOU'RE WORRIED ABOUT DROPPING CREAM EVERYWHERE.

Seriously don't worry everythings going to be fine.

• Like 1

Pleased you had a good birthday, PP   Enjoy your fishing today.

Hope all will go well for you today, carni, also for your poorly sisters....

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, PeverilPeril said:

No sore head this morning :biggrin:  Looking forward to a days fishing at Formark Res. Need to start testing the new prototype fly rods that I designed. Hoping to incorporate a new company within a few days but the prototype products are untested as yet :rolleyes:    Been testing cobbled together stuff all season so they should be OK.  80 = a new start .......

Is this going to help the fisherman catch more trout? In my experience the rod, cheap or expensive has no bearing on the catch. The only possibility I can envisage is the ‘feel’ when you cast. I await the finished product with interest!

3 hours ago, carni said:

Suppose I must get up then. I've been stalling. this morning. Off to my second home ''NHS' for 10.45am pre op assessment.   Date set for Nov 6th.   we have got the fabbo NHS to look after us. So many people in the world don't have anything. So i'll shurrup now. There.....towd yer I was feeling mardy today! :)

And at some point before long, you'll be able to reappear at a Nottstalgia meet-up. I haven't seen you for at least a couple of years !

• Like 1

I know CT, I have got to the stage where I darn't  say we will come because some B%!*#y appointment comes along and throws a spanner in the works Miduck. Yant seen mi for a couple a years you say..........some would say that is a blessing.:biggrin:  Appointments allowing, we will be back on the meetup list again as soon as possible. We do miss coming to see you all. Soz.:)

• Like 3

Happy birthday P.P. 80 years young eh? Great achievement, keep on doing what you're doing, it's obviously working! 

Carni, good luck for Nov 6. It will be here before you know it, and over and done with. Hope your sisters get better soon. 

I'm late to the party as usual, hope I haven't missed anybody/event out. 

And I’m late catching all the news too as we’ve just travelled back from Dorset today.  

Happy 80th birthday to PP, well done, you put many folk a lot younger to shame.  What energy and enthusiasm for life you have Terry.  Hope your prototype rod is a success and you’ve had a good day of fishing in the sunshine.  

Carni, we’re thinking of you duckeh.  It’s a worrying time for you with your sisters being sick too but you’re Gedling gals, made of strong stuff.   Good luck! 

• Like 1

A very belated 80 th birthday Terry. Sounds like you had a good night, hope you remeber most of it. Keep catching fish.

• Like 1

Carni I didn't have time to wish your sisters well before internet went off for a bit then I was busy. I hope everything goes well for you all. Hugs.

Happy eightieth PP.

Fun and  games this morning.  I did a bit of shopping and thought I would wash the car when I got back.  All went well until I was rinsing.  I dropped the flippin hose nozzle.  It landed on the handle and shot a stream of coldwater right up me trouser leg.  I jumped away from it but the handle had locked.  all over my shirt now and glasses.   I couldn't see nowt.  It was like something out of a Laurel and Hardy movie.

That's two showers today.  One when I got up.  The second fully clothed in the driveway.  I think I'll stay in for the rest of the day.  :biggrin:

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

Taping it Kath !  Bleddy hell, get into the 21st century for goodness sake. Tut tut. :yahoo:

1 hour ago, katyjay said:

Hope someone was taping it! LOL.

In these days of constant surveillance they probably were.  I know the guy next door has a camera covering his driveway.  I don't know if it sees mine.  I'm probably already going viral on FB and YT.  :biggrin:  I know I could never have staged the way it happened.

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Is this going to help the fisherman catch more trout? In my experience the rod, cheap or expensive has no bearing on the catch. The only possibility I can envisage is the ‘feel’ when you cast. I await the finished product with interest!

Phil - do you simply own a certain car to get from A to B?

As a certain prestigious car manufacturer once said "It is not what you do, but how you do it". I am developing an elegant 'Loch Style' of fishing that combines tradition with technology. It will not all be about the rod. :biggrin:

Loppy , it must have looked funny. A similar thing has happened to me recently. Our water pressure has been low for quite a while and eventually found a burst pipe next door. Took old and worn pipes out and replaced with new wider pipes hence the water pressure has more than doubled. Great but when I turn the taps on with the same pressure as always the pressure of the water usually hits the upturned plug and soaks me. I sometimes remember light pressure but when I don't ...another change of clothes.

• Like 1