How's your day?

The above photo was one of the starters yesterday. they were balls of salt cod dipped in egg and breadcrumbs and deep fried. served on a bed of pureed roman cauliflower.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

IMG-2648.jpg

this was the first starter julienne veg with a very light bagna cauda ( no garlic as I thought but anchovy with topinambur ( think it Jerusalem artichoke.) it was just enough to coat the veg and it was so tasty.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

IMG-2650.jpg

The dessert was a base of lemon curd and mango sauce topped with a mango mousse decorated with meringue, raspberries and tiny cubes of gingerbread and alchechengi dipped in chocolate. Most of the other courses didn't have their photo taken unfortunately.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Happy to report only spotted 4 homeless & 2 dogs sleeping rough in doorways around Nottingham Market Square this Boxing Day evening, a lot less than normal, hopefully they have been taken in, watered & got some snap in there bellies & looked after, there all Gods Children x 

• Like 3
35 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

IMG-2650.jpg

The dessert was a base of lemon curd and mango sauce topped with a mango mousse decorated with meringue, raspberries and tiny cubes of gingerbread and alchechengi dipped in chocolate. Most of the other courses didn't have their photo taken unfortunately.

That wouldn't feed a cat !

• Like 3
1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

We weren't feeding cats. That was just 1 of 7 courses of haute cuisine.  

Nonna, the food looks delicious and wonderfully and artistically presented.  Anybody can plonk meat and two veg on a plate but this has made it a work of art.   Well done to Deborah and the team.  

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Nonna the food looks wonderful. I have never been  anywhere  that served food that looked quite like those dishes, it's a pleasure that has escaped me. I am very much a food lover but can't eat much in one go, so a feast made by  Deborah would be heaven for me. As Lizzie says well done to your daughter and her team.

• Like 2

And there was me thinking a 7 course meal was a bag of chips and a 6 pack.... you live and learn.    ;)

• Like 4

Thankyou for all the lovely comments. I'll pass them on to Deborah. She is really clever at making a simple dish look really attractive.

When people grumble about only having a small portion " tarted" up it makes me cringe. Its far better than having gravy splashed everywhere. Its more inviting to eat something that has been cared for. Seven courses sounds unbelievable to get through, but here its quite normal even on sundays to have a meal of even more courses. You don't have to stuff yourself til you burst. You take each course as it comes and you relax , chat and drink wine whilst waiting for the next course. A lot of people skip the pasta course or main course because they are already full . Years ago we had a restaurant here catered for weddings etc. One day a lady came in who had booked for her daughters wedding. She told me that every course had to be repeated in the sense that seconds would be offered after each course. I said ok thats usual here. But what shocked me was her reply. " I don't care about the quality, its the quantity of food that you give the guests" I told her that we didnt serve anything but quality food. To her it was important that her guests left fit to burst. At the ened most of the main course was left with her guests complimenting me and that there was too much food

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, radfordred said:

Enjoyed a five bird roast for Boxing Day, made from chlorinated chicken, three scabby bus station pigeons & a crow  

Glad you enjoyed it, when you opened it was there some corn kernels and a bus ticket.:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Our drone in tree saga continues. Today a fishing line is being attached to an arrow which will be shot from a bow towards the trapped drone. It could kill the horse in the next field or impale someone walking down the lane. I look forward to the next episode. Our son is a lawyer so he has already constructed an alibi. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Beekay said:

Yippee.!! Only 362 shopping days to go to Christmas. Think I'll go and buy an Easter egg. Morning all !!! Beekay.

Bet they are already in the shops too? Festivities should be all rolled into one. What would we call it? Chreaster or Eastmas?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Arrow is now stuck in tree 2' above drone. Fishing line is attached and we are rocking the tree in a simple harmonic motion! Drone refuses to move.

You should drink that beer that gives you wings , you could fly up and save your energy for better things

Glad it didnt hit anyone. Be interesting what alibi he invented if and when !

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Mission has failed. Line has been snapped, drone and arrow remain in tree. Awaiting next windy day. Chainsaw was suggested but it would have left a gap in the row of poplars and we don’t have a log burner.

Wouldn't it be easier just to climb the tree or send somebody's kid up to get it? You could always catch the kid without damage to the drone, or maybe blame the child. Just a thought !

• Like 1