DJ360

How's your day?

Still winding down from my Devon holiday.

We have had a very pleasant car  ride out today to Bridgnorth in Shropshire, approximately fifteen miles,  to sample some delicious icecream at 'Knickerbockers Icecream Parlour', mmm  mm Loverley!  Orming all over the sofa just now and 'Guess What'? Husband has just said to me ' Come on, get ready, lets go out for dinner He's winding down as well'.  How can I possible refuse!  Gotta go.....where's mi cardi?

Gosh, this enjoyment is such hard work. :biggrin:

• Like 5

Part two of Bathroom Blues.( large shower fitting.)

My Neice is in France and she comes home tomorrow..large screen and door up tomorrow...flooring and done.

Knees are tatered...would'nt mind a stiff drink...but my ban is still in place.

Herself has got a beady eye on me!

• Like 1

Carni, we didn't get to Bridgenorth on our recent Welsh trip, but went to Ludlow several times. Loved the place.

• Like 2

So right KJ, one of our favourite towns where we regularly went for a few days break.

Oh, come you home on Sunday

When Ludlow streets are still

And Ludlow bells are calling

To farm and lane and mill

Or come you home of Monday

When Ludlow market hums

And Ludlow chimes are playing

"The conquering hero comes"

An extract from "The Recruit", one of the poems from "A Shropshire Lad" by A E Housman, one of my best-loved anthologies. If you don't know it, do acquaint yourself, you won't be disappointed.

• Like 4

Nice one Commo..love this Bromsgrove blokes work...and his Brother was great too.

H E Bates and J B Priestley...with me for life.

Day just got better     seeing Jill and Loppy back............also just realised not welcomed Plantfit Rog back,,sorry Rog welcome back mate,,

• Like 1

Lovely day today as usual, started off with my usual trike ride,8 miles around the local villages then called in the village hall in Bassingham for a coffee,Monday morning is coffee morning in the hall,good company and a good natter about anything and everything,(coffee 70p) back home for lunchtime and got dinner ready for Mrs P, crispies chicken with fresh salad and veg rice,hung the washing out then out with the grass mower and cut the grass on the back garden,having a sit down and a coffee and a bit of catching up on the websites, this retirement stuffs ok innit

Rog

• Like 3

Been to Bulwell with Mrs C & called in the Oasis cafe, even got mesen a secondhand jumper for a quid !

• Like 1

Steampunk this weekend in Lincoln Mick,you coming over?

Rog

• Like 1

Thinking about it Rog !

One of mine here.

• Like 1

Just getting back in the normality swing after a very enjoyable week in Devon with Hubbs and Daughter and Granddaughter. Those two girls are in my life so much on a daily basis, it is a special feeling to be loved and to love back. 

When my Granddaughter was born 18yrs ago in December,  my Daughter was really not well for quite a while. I spent a lot of time with her and that wonderful little baby. I believe I bonded as if she was my own. My daughter appreciated me very much and made sure I have been given the honour of being a big part of their lives.

Today my feelings have been all over the place, so proud and a feeling of changes not so far away. Our Granddaughter got her A level results, when we got back off holiday. Maths, Biology, Science all straight As. Next year hopefully it will be University. and this morning she passed her driving test as well. So that gorgeous Gel is now a young woman embarking on adventures of her own.

I'm a very mixed up ode kid today. I know what started it off. I was listening to the song from Mama mia. I think its called 'Slipping through my fingers' sung by Meryle Streep to her Daughter on her wedding day.  That's it..........where's the chocolate and ice cream.:biggrin:

• Like 10

Lovely read carni well done to all of you.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, carni said:

That's it..........where's the chocolate and ice cream.:biggrin:

Never mind the chocolate and ice cream........where's me Hanky.....as catfan said Carnie   lovely,,

• Like 3

Thank you catfan, so kind of you to find the song for me. The words are even more appropriate than I realised.

I'd lend you my hankie benj, but it's wet through, and my laptop and my sleeve and my cup of tea keeps filling up.

• Like 4

Nothing better than being a proud parent / grandparent.

• Like 3

Talking of which,,been babysitting all afternoon,,don't get me wrong love me Grandkids,,but i'll be bleddy glad when their Mam gets home,,i'm rate 'frazzled''...........little( s ) Beauty's,,don't often do it,, and to be honest avoid it when i can,,...........must go.........yes Grandads coming.........jeeze,,........lol

We had two of our grandchildren (9 and 7)  staying with us in the caravan for two days last week.  It was lovely to have them with us but it was tiring.... they are great kids but their energy levels are way above mine!

I'm looking after them tomorrow all day, also Friday, but while they're at home they do amuse themselves for  the odd half hour... so it's easier than being in the caravan.   They both like playing board games and always choose Monopoly to play first because I don't like it that much - little monkeys!

Really loved listening to that song - thankyou Catfan and Carni 

• Like 3

Margie I used to organise a competition with my kids when they were young. Who could keep quiet without making a sound the longest !

• Like 2

I tried to get Mrs C to play that one too !

• Like 1

Sitting here with a cup of tea..after a day of more mixes than a box of Bassetts..The shower door and panel were a terror to fit...my Son tells me he got engaged on a Gondola in Venice..i think he's fibbing...my helper was late..his bank account was scammed by a fake son in the Lebanon...the plumber filled the tank with insulation and rubbish..so had to drain down and clean out..the phone bill is in.

Must have been a bogger in my previous life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Melissa and Catfan, Seeing how long they could keep quiet....I don't think that would work with our two!   I know very  little children still like playing 'sleeping tigers' at parties and the toddlers that I know like the song about sleeping bunnies, but they only manage about 30 seconds with their eyes closed ...

I think it will have to be Monopoly, Scrabble, Othello and Yahtzee, followed by a bike ride round the village and ending up in the park for a picnic... as long as it doesn't rain!  

Sorry you've had such a trying day, Ian

• Like 1

Funny thing about Grandparents.........they tell us things that they would'nt tell their Mams and Dads,,i've now got grandkids in their 30s.who still tell me they remember telling me things that i never 'split on them for'' and must admit 'vice versa'' one of em tells me 'the things you said grandad i still think about'' he's in the Army and travels the world,,and makes me so proud,,the furthest i took him was Yarmouth..................

• Like 3

1 hour ago, IAN123. said:

Must have been a bogger in my previous life.

Who am I to disagree with you IAN.

• Like 1

After playtime with their little pals there was always a prize for who could collect the most toys and put them back in the box. Strangely enough there always seemed to be just the right number of tubes of Smarties for everyone to win a prize

• Like 1