DJ360

How's your day?

Frightening for you Terry,pleased you are alright, just the shock of seeing that must have shook you up,take care mate

Rog

• Like 1

Is it not a legal requirement to have a safety chain or other device fitted these days?

It appears so.

www.etrailer.com/info.aspx

Glad everything was ok tho.

• Like 2

A braked trailer has to have the safety chain connected at all times...the penalties can be huge if the trailer breaks free and the brakes are not automatically operated.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, poohbear said:

A braked trailer has to have the safety chain connected at all times...the penalties can be huge if the trailer breaks free and the brakes are not automatically operated.

You will also find that the instant a trailer breaks free it's uninsured...just hope it doesn't wipe out a Bentley.

• Like 1

Not a braked trailer (130 kg boat) but even so, the consequences to human life could have been horrendous. The insurance issue was not on my mind - more the damage to people. Yes I was lazy and did not connect the safety chain for a 500 metre run. Never to late to learn and hope others learn from my confession.. 

• Like 3

Well done ror "fessing up" Terry, it takes a honest man to say he made a mistake,

• Like 2

Trailers can be a pain..i often cart stuff about..and you really have to lash everything down well. When i first moved home i went over a hump back bridge with a twinned axled trailer full of pea shingle...too fast..started to snake..how i recovered ..i do not know..taught me to slow down..kids thought it was hilarious.

• Like 2

Taking the twin axle to the scrapyard this morning. Safety chain and welder at the ready :rolleyes:

Had a new combi boiler fitted yesterday. Heating engineer here til 10pm. He took all the copper and left the rest to me :angry: Still, got a lot more scrap iron to take to the scrappers. Always think of Jacky Pownall on Alfreton Rd when I go to the scrappers.

• Like 3

You could alway's ask PP for a few towing hints !  wereno1

39105810_2233872420183696_44084966003268

• Like 3

Will you be knocking around 'spoons next week Ben ?

• Like 3

Yippee benj.  Great news. I will raise a cup of tea to you mi duck,(sorry, but that's the strongest I can manage these days). Best bit of news today!:cheers:

• Like 2

Great news ben, I'll bet you'll get spoilt now.:yahoo: 

• Like 2

Good to hear mate.... hoping for the best for you

• Like 1

Ben, we're  so pleased you're able to go home today.  Just take things slowly, though...

• Like 1

Thrilled for you Ben, you’re going to be happier at home with Donna.  Sending my very best wishes to you for your continued improvement.  

• Like 1

Great news Ben I cant wait till I see you in Wethers and to be taught more from the Master.

• Like 1

To be back in your beloved Bulwell is great, to be back in your own bed is just as good !

• Like 2

Be back in Bulwell asap,,don't know exactly when,,because ive lots of bits to get used to........and at the moment i feel as if ive fell out the back of a lorry on the MI...............LOL

• Like 5

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

..and at the moment i feel as if ive fell out the back of a lorry on the MI...............LOL

If you fell out of the back of a lorry, you'd land on some woman's lap! :rolleyes: there's going to be a big queue at the cardiology clinic when Ben leaves hospital...broken hearts. Need mending!

• Like 2

To everyone with ailments, strife and troubles, just remember that when darkness never seems to end, there will always be light to illuminate the walk of the roads we take.

• Like 3