DJ360

How's your day?

He'll need to shrink to 7in Jill or I can't help.  

• Like 1

Well, well, someone's got Christmas lights up already on Stockhill Rd, and Andover Rd. God, we've barely got over bonfire night.

Talking of Andover Rd, why is it bedecked in yellow ribbons on trees, fencing and cars ? Is one of the local meat heads being released from prison ?

No FLY It wasnt a local meat head being released from Prison..............it was a two year old little Girls funeral......who died of Cancer...............

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Sorry Ben, it was the yellow ribbon representing prisoners release that made me wonder.

The Yellow Ribbon represents lots of things inc Cancers..............i still have lots of friends associated with Andover road..........and i think your sweeping statement should be deleted............

• Upvote 1

Nice steady day today,had to visit the doctors this morning (again,anyone would think there's sommat wrong with me) anyroad, went on me trike,only a couple of miles so a quick ride to get the blood pumping, sat in the waiting room for all of a couple of minutes before my name was called, it seems everything is ok but could do with getting sugar levels down just a tad,well pleased at that, called in the shop on the way home for a bag of crisps and a bag of Butterkist popcorn, (well she didn't say I had to stop eating) cleaned trike when I got back did a bit of gardening,got dinner ready then chilled out for the evening, nice.

I hope you have all had a great day and let the world know you are alive and kicking

Rog

• Like 1

It wasn't a 'sweeping statement', it was a question!  If you want it deleting, then you request it ! 

Settle down Ben, many people, me incuded have no idea of the significance of a yellow ribbon other than a prisoners homecoming as per the song.

• Upvote 1

If you have no idea why comment?.........and no i won't request it.........you had the chance!........but if you still think its right thats up to you...........

As I said, it was a question. Enough said !

Want the last word all the time............hope nobody on Andover road reads it............

Chill Ben, it was tongue in cheek. You can have the last word.

A great day out. We went to the Cotswold Distillery. Very interesting with a guide who would talk technical when we asked questions. A very nice young man. The tasting at the end was excellent: gin and whisky! My husband drove home!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I’ve been to the Bushmills Distillery while staying with a friend who lives there .......no not in the Distillery but in the town.   It was really interesting observing the lengthy process and then of course we had samples to taste. However, I don’t like whisky much, it makes me shiver!  Give me a Gin and Tonic any day though. 

• Like 1

Whisky.........is Scottish............Whiskey........is Irish..............just thought i'd mention it............learned that from Jock Brown.......Farrands Mansfield road..........1963..............

Spot on Ben, and I like em both ! 

Getting a bit scared at the seemingly ever increasing cost of my new kitchen...  Still.. there's a limit to what it can cost 'cos there's a limit to what I have..  And anyway.. you can't take it with you..

Did a bit of clothes shopping today.  A rare event for me.  I like to wear things out, but I needed a few 'bits'.

Did a 'sesh' on the weights..  It's amazing how quickly you see results.  Only done three sessions since I re-started and I'm already close to being a fair imitation of a Greek Adonis type thing.. apart from the beer belly and the small but beautifully formed moobs.....  ;)

Went for a swim after tea too.. but got cramp after 16 lengths.  I heroically pushed on for a further 3 lengths , but failed to make my 20 length minimum.

I always find the drive home from the baths almost surreally relaxing, but at the same time my driving is focused.  Must be the Serotonin and Dopamine and stuff released by the exercise.  Early night I think..

Col

• Like 2

I do know that whisky is Scottish and whiskey is Irish and I was well aware that I’d spelt it the Scottish way but thought the uninitiated would think I’d spelt it incorrectly if I put an ‘e’ in it.   Nah!!  So anyway, I’m not a big fan of whisky nor whiskey.  

• Like 3

OK Lizzie............as Del-Boy would say............''beam me up Snotty''............lol.

I love Whisky and Whiskey. but sadly neither like me much these days... so I'm forced to drink large quantities of Brandy instead......

It's hell...  :rolleyes:

Oh Col, you're sure a hero. Ansbach is one of my favs

Had to look that up Fly..

But I'll do my best to give it a try.. We must all seek knowledge and enlightenment..  ;)

• Upvote 1

My day has been odd by any standards, had a call from my sister in law regarding her daughters wedding,   It's been called off as his "wife" saw her hen party pictures and a picture of her intended. said all the right things as hubby refused to speak to her.  Putting down the phone I admit I laughed "hysterically"  sorry I know its bitchy but they have rarely bothered to give me the time of day so to be invited to the wedding was unusual.   I am usually a nice person but we all slip sometime if they come on Ns  I will be screwed as the saying goes.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Brilliant day as expected,I just knew it were going to be a gudun, went over to Bulwell Wethers for a mini meetup with Chulla,also met our Radford Red for the first time and of course the one and only Ben with his lovely wife,good company,good food,good coffee and good a natter, after I left the three musketeers I headed for the tram stop near the bogs and got my ticket to the QMC to see Catfan,surprise visit,I've been checking on his progress through his blog on these pages but thought I'd make the effort while I was in Nottingham and go and see him, (nice to see you Mike) had over an hour with him putting everything right that is wrong with the world and I think we made a pretty good job of it even if I do say so,anyroad as a tribute to our Catfan I have put my tram ticket in my scrap book as a nice momento of the day :jumping:

Anyroad as I said a briliant day and it was great to see good old Notts folk the best folk you could wish to meet anywhere

Hope you've all had as good a day as I did

Rog

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3