DJ360

How's your day?

All this trouble in Spain, have you noticed it began following Benji's visit there. Catalonians wanted to get away from Alf Garnett wearing a liberty bodice. And who can blame them!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Well the new style seat mesh I ordered for my trike yesterday at 13.00 hrs has just arrived,fantastic service, right got to get the trike out now and get fitting.

I'll put some pics on the "my bike rides" thread

Rog

Looks like I'm gonna be busy for a bit.  Our pastor ended up in the hospital yesterday.  About four years ago he had two heart valves replaced.  He has seemed fine since but is on medications for the rest of his days.  Apparently something is now acting up again.  So it looks like old Loppy is going to have to come out of the kennel and bark again for a while.  Whatever happens I'm sure he will be out of commission for a week or two so I'm gonna have to hit the books.

• Like 1

Loppy, our minister is on Sabbatical so we have the same situation.... quite a bit more work for me and Paul but heigh ho, that's life.  

• Like 1

I struggle a bit more with memory and study as the next birthday comes around, Margie.  The Lord is good, though and He has never let me down.  Folks are supportive and the pastor is happy that he can leave it to me.  That's one worry he doesn't have.  We nearly lost him last time though.

• Like 1

DJ360, regarding your post about the use of acronyms. As far as I’m concerned I must be too old to be bothered to try to work out what you (or anyone else) is trying to say in an abbreviated form.   I would spend too much time working out the first letter of each word I want to use, it’s far quicker for me to type it out in full. Also when I see an acronym, unless it’s one I’ve seen lots of times, such as IMO, or particularly on Nottstalgia SWMBO,  my eyes glaze over and my brain switches off and I revert to something I understand without the need to google.  

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

I'm with you all the way on that one Lizzie

Rog

Me too Lizzie, it's invariably the overage pseudo trendies trying to be ultra clever  !

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, plantfit said:

IWYATWOTOL

R

I've made one for you to work out DJ ....... IFH8TABX 

RR, I think I've worked it out but I won't type it out cos some of it is a bit rude!!   It's got 6 words in it - am I right?

• Like 1

I never posted that Margie !!!

Rog

I can see that it is an acronym of the reply I gave Lizzie but it has nothing to do with me

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, loppylugs said:

So it looks like old Loppy is going to have to come out of the kennel and bark again for a while.

Not just bark...but Bach too?

• Like 1

Walked in Geezers'' for me trim this morning.......the Girls were laughing (its all female staff)......apparently a chap had just poked his head in and asked....''do you do men?''........apart from the double entendre ''..............bleddy place called ''Geezers''  

• Like 1

Talking of ''Geezers'' i sit with a few blokes 3 or 4 mornings a week in Wetherspoons Bulwell (think mentioned before lol) all about my age i call em Geezers a couple are originally from the sound of Bow Bells..........anyway they all have a pint or two i have breakfast and coffee......we have a lot of good banter and wee wee taking........none are rude and seldom swear.......we have a couple of morning papers that are passed round to try and complete the crosswords,.................i say all this because one 'Geezer' as been missing for three weeks now............he lives by himself originally from Norfolk and lost his wife about 3 years ago.......his tel just goes to answer and none of us know his address,........he's very frail and does'nt really look after himself,........and we are all worried about him.........lovely man....ex Lorry driver and Merchant Navy...........

We had a prospective buyer view the house thisafto. He lives 1/2 mile away and needs space for his 2 cats, 2 dogs and 2 donkeys. Our place is perfect for all of them. I always wanted to keep a couple of retired horses and a donkey, so I hope that he can come up with the money. It's our last day here for a while and I was feeling a bit sad about having to sell the place. As dusk was approaching I went to the cidre barn, empty pint glass in hand, as is my custom and poured the golden liquid from #2 oak barrel. Hmmmm..I thought, this lovely habit after a hard days graft is coming to an end. I stood in the barn doorway looking out while sipping the glorious cidre. A 2/3 moon was appearing and the evening crows were playing in front of it before going to bed. Then the bats took over, flitting here and there and before I knew it the stars came out, twinkling and, crystal clear. Re filled the cidre glass in the dark by touch, sound and weight then sauntered back to the cottage feeling quite elated and bathed in moon and starlight. Best Halloween I have ever experienced.

• Like 3

PP, I hope the prospective buyer you mention will be able to buy your house.  As you say, it sounds perfect for him and his menagerie.   It did sound a very special evening for you tonight

• Like 1

There are 4 moggies here demanding to know how their friend Catfan is doing this morning. Hope the VET is treating you well!

Ben, with regard to your missing friend try contacting the owd Bill,they might be able to help

Rog

Back from my trike ride now,lovely ride this morning,weather near as damit perfect, swa a lot of other cyclists on the road but they were all behaving themselves (riding single file) very friendly bunch,lost count of how many times I said "good morning" in reply, the new seat cover is spot on,very comfortable with the lumber support padding and flexible mesh, might go out again after a coffee and a bite to eat,

Have a great day everyone and don't forget "theres no shame in being naughty as long as you don't get caught"

Rog

• Like 2

Lots of acrimony about acronyms!!  :)

ISTM, that you don't have to guess at newly made up ones. AFAICS, and FWIW they are in common usage on many Fora..though if you only come on here YMMV. ;)

AIUI they are not meant to be made up as you go along IYSWIM.. That would not work.  There are just some which have become commonplace on the net.  AFAIAC, they are useful for saving time typing certain common phrases out in full everytime, just like 'etc'., for 'Et Cetera', and 'e.g' for 'For Example' etc..  et.al. ( 'and others' ....  ;)  )

IMO, they are useful.

C

Oh... BTW.. It's a beautiful day here too..  TTFN..  :laugh:

Nice day.  The sun's shining.  Dogs are dozing.  Halloween is done with for another year. Now I've got to gerronweit.  Have a goodun y'all.  :)

Sorry DJ, any post with acromyns are automatically skipped over I can't be bothered working them out.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Off to Liverpool in the morning............going via Stoke and M6  this time.......got to be there by nine.....hoping for clear run.......if you about Col i'll be in Costa Coffee Lord street......or coffee shop at the Cavern..............looking for 3 good workers........you could be one Col..............lol.

• Like 2