How's your day?

SG. When you put a glass or jar over incy wincy spider, you then slide a piece of thin card under the glass and hold it in place while you eject said spider outside. Trying to put a lid under, you have to lift the glass up and out he comes. Card you can slup.under without lifting the glasd. Just saying.

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

Katyjay, I would a thought in your neck of the woods you would use a Winchester or Colt 45 peacemaker ! That really shifts the little buggers.

• Upvote 1
22 minutes ago, katyjay said:

then slide a piece of thin card under the glass and hold it in place while you eject said spider outside. 

He is that big and built like a tank it will have to be thick card! I did notice he has a pattern (tattoo?) on his body that is how big he is. (I suppose it could be a she, aren’t the females bigger than the males, if not I definitely don’t want to have to deal with the female of this species.) He hasn’t appeared since our first round so will see what tomorrow will bring. Perhaps a good talking too will make him move out?

On on a side note I was hanging my washing out and noticed I had a young toad sat next to me. Am starting to feel like I am amassing a zoo!

• Like 3

SGs post reminded me of one evening when I still lived at Bobbers Mill.  I was reading in the spare bedroom and just happened to see something move in my peripheral vision.  It moved very quickly along the floor near the skirting board and my initial thought was a mouse, based on its size.

I turned my attention away from the book and toward the scampering creature. It wasn't a mouse. It was the biggest arachnid I have ever seen.  Ear spitting scream brought my mother racing upstairs. She almost fainted when she saw it. Eventually, my father arrived, complete with usual sarky comments about  needing a sledgehammer.

By this time, the miscreant had taken cover behind an item of furniture but since both females in the household declared neither would sleep in the house that night unless the eight legged intruder was removed, dad started to shift the cabinet under which it had taken refuge.

Dad spent the war years in the tropics and had thus encountered all kinds of creepy crawlies, the sight of which would have seen me carted off to the psychiatric hospital. Usually, he picked them up in his hand and took them outside.  Not this one!  When it it finally broke cover and he saw the size of it, his face was a picture. I don't know what he did with it but I didn't sleep that night, wondering if it had any family members who were likely to come looking for it! Thankfully, none did.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

At Sheffield Park it's the Festival of Water Lilies. Built a temporary pontoon so one can see them close up.

IMG-2217.jpg

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Brew said:

This is a public announcement:

Toilet blocks do NOT work well in washing machines.

That is all.

Neither do washing pods do well in the dish washer. ( from experience)

• Like 3

One evening a couple of years ago, my 'Check oil level' warning light came on. I immediately pulled up, grabbed one of the grey 1ltr plastic containers  that was in the boot. Poured the lot in, and to my despair, noticed that I'd poured in antifreeze / coolant. 

Mmmm, trip to the nearest garage for a flush out, and a refill. An expensive error that could have been disastrous.

• Like 1

My son did a similar thing before he came here to live. He was travelling by car from Nottingham . He was on the French motorway and pulled in to fillup with cant remember if it was diesel or petrol now but whatever the car ran on he filled up with the other one. He realised his mistake immediately and stopped. Rang a garage and had the tank flushed out. Cost him an extra nights stay besides the costs of the garage and extra fuel.

• Like 1

Oooooh, nasty nonna. It's amazing though how many times you see the AA mobile tank cleansing vehicle in filling stations rescuing some poor embarrassed soul.

5 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

he filled up with the other one

I have to admit I've done this not once but twice, put petrol in a diesel van through not paying attention. 

It is slightly RR, as I invariably check when I fill up at the supermarket.

43 minutes ago, radfordred said:

I'm sure the diesel pump nozzle is a lot wider than an unleaded petrol tank opening? 

Which means it's difficult to fill a petrol car with diesel but easy putting petrol into a diesel

• Like 1

I did it some years ago when I was taking my wife's Discovery to have a replacement windscreen. I inadvertently filled the diesel tank with petrol at the bottom of Carlton Hill but still drove it about three miles to the windscreen fitters. Is was only two days later when I collected it that I had starting problems. I had to call Landrover Rescue to tow it to the dealership about 200 yards away. The cleanup wasn't covered by the warranty and I think I had to pay around £300. I must admit it seemed to run much better afterwards! 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Never a dull moment in this house. I was folding the washing I'd left to dry overnight when I heard a noise but every time I stopped folding so did the noise. Then I heard scratching, oh oh oh its a mouse. Catch it if you can. First of all I sat and had my breakfast, at first thought it was inside a cupboard, but then the noise seemed to go from one side to the other which is impossible as the cupboards are individual ones within a very heavy solid piece of furniture. Began to think it must be underneath. My daughter pulled it away from the wall and gradually it came out and spent the next 15 minutes exploring the wall and how to get out. It went near to the pipes of the stove and couldnt go any further. At the end I remembered that we had some glue so put some down and within 5 minutes I got it by the tail. I know I know its cruel and I felt bad but had to get it somehow because the dogs were going berserk everytime it scratched.

To say we live in the country with vineyards and fields of grain we've only had 2 mice in 20 yrs 3 with this one. Anyway I took it onto the field opposite and managed to free it from the glued tile.

• Upvote 1

You're not 'cruel' nonna - you took the little mouse into the fields!   Well done..

Whilst living at Saxondale, we were beset with moles, and although having 5 cats, only one ever caught one. I retrieved it, put it in a box, and drove down the A46, and let it out near Cotgrave.

• Upvote 1

Gosh!  It did some serious digging after you dropped it off!!

Cotgrave-Coal-Mine-Archive-Album-101726.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

FLY, I think you are a kind person, taking the little creature on his 'holidays'. I hope he/she made some new friends there ..... OK. I. know I'm anthropomorphising (is that really a word?  iPad says it is but it looks funny.....)

• Upvote 1

I found a very large snail that had navigated the back step into my kitchen, I took it to the bottom of the garden & lobbed it over the fence over the railway lines, about two & half weeks later there was a knock at the door & the snail was there & said " What you do that for?"  

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

A good descriptive word Margie. I liken it to the Louis Wain paintings of cats performing human functions, such as playing snooker etc.

• Upvote 1