DJ360

How's your day?

After physio we decided to splurge and go to the Blue Willow for lunch.  Nice trip and good food. Helps to refocus your day a bit.  Now too full to do me practice.  Cuppa tea and gerratit.  ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

To Col and Willow.  I'll respond to your posts in What are you listening to now, later.  Rotten Ipad puts the thread up but then shuts it down again before I can read what you say.  Have to get my laptop out.

I'm not just ignoring you.  :)

• Like 2

Mine does the same Loppy. Very annoying.

• Like 1

I am annoyed. I AM ANNOYED!! 

I get repeat prescriptions online.  So, being due a new lot for March I prepared to make the request on the 4th. I usually request repeats in the first week of the month.  Since I'm going to be out of the country when I need to request April's, I called the surgery who told me to just put a note on to explain and request two months.  It takes them 48 hours to process a request so today I checked on line only to see in bright red...   'REQUEST REJECTED'.  No explanation, no advice, just 'rejected'.  By the time I'd seen this the surgery was closed.  So, by the time I take this up with them tomorrow, it will be too late even to process a request and get it filled for March.. never mind April, and I will run out of meds on Sunday.

Now I'm going to have to drive down there in the morning early and ask if there is a grown up I could speak to...

Bl99dy seething!!!

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

When I pickup my monthly prescription the girl at the pharmasy always asks me if I want them to order next months for me then when they are ready to be picked up I get a text message to that effect,no fuss

Rog

I order mine online and pick it up from Boots 2 days later. Simples! Since my partner is also on thyroxine, I order his the same way. I have a tin full of Levothyroxine tablets of varying dosages which we share between us. I've probably got more than Boots!

• Like 1

The missis is looking forward to fish in parsley sauce for tea. I took my eyes off the cat for five minutes.....Wonder how she will like the beans on toast?

• Like 1

On teh topic of repeat prescrip[tions; I am on a permanent repeat list for Allopurinol for my gouty leg. I asked the paharmacy if I could have an early prescription because, like Col, I was to be out of the country when it was needed. They said "No bother at all, come in a couple of days before you leave." I did so and of course, they had forgotten.

I think this incompetent behaviour is rife throughout life these days. I frequently visit cafes, coffee shops, tea rooms and Garden Centres, and especially on weekends when the amateurs are employed , the level of incompetence is frightening. 

The amount of times I have to ask for sugar, napkins, teaspoons is unbelievable.

Also, I just don't think they listen. The next time I get a cappuccino with chocolate on top, when I specifically asked for it without, I'll explode ! 

• Like 1

You just be careful when using those public toilets @FLY2 you don't know who's hanging around? 

• Upvote 1

I drove down to the Doc's earlier.  I told the very nice recptionist that I was confused and very dissappointed with getting a bald 'Request Rejected'.  She explained that it is to do with the way that the system works and that 'customer's' don't see the same screen.  In fact my request for two months supply has been approved and sent to my local pharmacy. I didn't have to tell her that 'the system' needs fixing, she volunteered that.

Our online 'patient access' has recently been changed to ' systmonline' and we can now choose from various available times and doctors when we need an appointment.   Before we were accepted for this system, we had to fill in and sign an actual form to say that our medical information would be made available to any surgery or hospital in Britain if necessary (except sensitive information from sex clinics!!!  Not that that worries me as I've never attended one of them!)

We're starting to have trouble with repeats for wife's diabetic Abbott Freestyle sensor .

Until a few months ago she was pricking her fingers about 8 times a day to check blood sugars , then she was offered a trial of these new sensors on the NHS .

Each sensor is about the size of a 2p coin and sticks on the arm and lasts for 14 days .

You just waft a reader over the sensor and it gives a slightly delayed blood sugar reading as many times a day as you like .

Before the NHS approved them , they were available to buy but are about £40 for 2 (a month's supply).

We order repeats online on the Patients Access site but the chemists aren't geared up and the prescription is never ready on time . Maybe it's the manufacturer can't keep up with demand ?

Last week chemist had to borrow a sensor from another patient's prescription to keep my wife going .

More and more NHS regions are approving these sensors so the situation can only get worse . God knows what Brexit will do too .

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

A request has gone out from our local doctors (Please don't ask the doctor for any medication that you can buy from the chemists"

Had my annual checkup this morning, all ok and they've given me another year on this earth (don't quite know how that know that but it's got to be a bonus) no need to go back until next March

Rog

• Like 9

Took Bailey to the groomers this morning.  He looked a bit like Dougall on the Magic Roundabout.  (remember him?)  Got a call to pick him up about four hours later.  Thought it was the wrong dog.  Looked about 12 pounds lighter.  Long gangly legs.  :biggrin:  You forget whats under all that fur.   Mrs L said Jake howled like a baby when I went off with him.  I guess he does like him really.  Now he's rolling on the rug.  it must feel different without all that fur.  If I know Mrs. L she'll tuck him in with a blanket tonight.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

A bargain that wasn't. I like Lion bars, preferred the Nux but you can't get them now. I only have about two or three a year so when I saw four for a pound in the basket they went. Put them in the fridge and promptly forgot them. Came across them Monday and though 'great' took one and bit into it. It was solid, like a stick of rock solid and three front teeth shattered, well two crowns and a tooth really.

Had the dentist estimate today, never realised you could that many zeros on one line before - sheesh implants are expensive.

• Upvote 1

They're definitely not four for a quid !

• Like 1

The downside is due to my age it's likely to be a year before they are finished.

Sorry for your dental problems, Brew......shame it's your front teet as well.  Hope it's not too physically painful for you (the financial pain will be bad enough!).

• Like 1

Had a deep clean and small filling last Thursday, at a cost of £59.40. Thought that was bad enough. You have my sympathy Brew. Say cheese!

• Like 1

Bleddy teeth... Pain in the a***

Cometh the day. it was time to move on..My Grandparents parted with all their teeth.. in one go! Thankfully things have moved on...Densistry technology today is amazing..best dentist iv'e had.. Czech in Czech Republic..Probably cheaper also..

Good Luck DJ360.

Note worse than toothache...Had some work done in Sweden ...Terrible!

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

Bleddy teeth... Pain in the a***

Col, you're probably brushing the wrong end!

• Like 1