DJ360

How's your day?

3 hours ago, IAN123. said:

House full..Superbowl night-

How can you watch Superbowl? So boring and too many statistics. It is worse than cricket, most of the time nothing happens

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Oz. Goes back to the days of the 'Fridge'..good to have a Son home and do a bit of Dad stuff..doesn't happen much..one is off to Florida for a new job..still i get to keep his Billy Idol and Green Day cds.

Good to hear .Can't beat dad time! Superbowl..?? Don't get it!

Back to my Chinese laptop! 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Brew said:

There you go Ben, now you can sort them all out...

http://www.certificate-exchange.co.uk/family-tree-articles/cousins.php

Told ya Ben ! And thanks Brew, now I know my second cousins are in reality are once removed cousins. You learn something every day. Never liked 'em anyway.unionflag

• Like 1

Just back from the Strictly tour at the Arena. Glamour, glitz, fun, comedy, great music and a great amount of dancing skill. 

A superb evenings entertainment. 

• Like 1

I particularly liked the 'Misty Bayou'

At Qmc at moment 5pm appointment,, been weighed and measured,, its true you do shrink as you get older,,im 2inch shorter than what i always thought i was, good news is I've put a stone back on,which i needed and wanted,,she said my Bmi was perfect,, so getting there slowly,, 

• Like 10

On 2/1/2019 at 12:56 AM, DJ360 said:

However there is no doubt that both the NHS and Local Councils are under extreme pressure to provide more services and deal with more 'stuff', in the context of a real terms cut in funding which is entirely deliberate and down to central Govt. This is what I was getting at.  I would be very surprised if the changes you outlined are being made for the 'hell of it'.  I reckon it is almost certain that a legislative/regulatory,  cost saving, or both, imperative has forced the changes.  Possibly you could enquire of your Local Council or your NHS contacts, as to the reasons for the changes?

Col. Looks like a bit of belt tightening by the Clinical Commissioning Group. GP practices are not contracted to provide the service and CCGs are not funded to cover the cost of sharps bin collection and disposal although they have done it for years. So now we have one rule, 4 councils and 4 different approaches.

Broxtowe B.C.

Complete a form - required to register - collection on Thursday needs to be available by 6.30 am - need to phone week before for collection.

Nottingham City Council

Register by phone - state how often required - phone to arrange next collection.

Erewash B.C.

Basically told CCG to foff - only housebound patients will receive collections - non-housebound patients should return sharps to to GP practice.

Ashfield D.C.

No need to register - phone to arrange Thursday collection - 24 hours notice.

Simples!!

Mine ain't bad..i don't bother with friends much over here..bit of a different breed..and after 26 years gone i have never been able to discuss Stackridge or nelson squares..but last year i had the cause to purchase new floppy wipers..the Heyner ones..not cheap!

Anyroad the bloke that fitted them was chuntering a few "ducks and doodahs"..he was from Loughborough..and like me he escaped Mrs.Thatcher..a decent skin..yesterday he dropped off 11 cases of vinyl LPs...asking if i would " take them on".

I was delighted and perplexed...the lady wife was watching me with the tape measure today..eyeing up a new venue.

Lovely gesture...not many tans in these parts...norra bad day....

12 hours ago, davep5491 said:

Col. Looks like a bit of belt tightening by the Clinical Commissioning Group. GP practices are not contracted to provide the service and CCGs are not funded to cover the cost of sharps bin collection and disposal although they have done it for years. So now we have one rule, 4 councils and 4 different approaches.

Broxtowe B.C.

Complete a form - required to register - collection on Thursday needs to be available by 6.30 am - need to phone week before for collection.

Nottingham City Council

Register by phone - state how often required - phone to arrange next collection.

Erewash B.C.

Basically told CCG to foff - only housebound patients will receive collections - non-housebound patients should return sharps to to GP practice.

Ashfield D.C.

No need to register - phone to arrange Thursday collection - 24 hours notice.

Dunno.. but sharps disposal is essentially a personal and public health issue which ought to be legislated for and funded equally nationwide.  It shouldn't be down to variously loaded and variously local Councils.

I don't know if this has been on here before but it typified my day yesterday . I am now in the spare bedroom I don't know how long for.

alwayswrong.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

Oh dear Trogg. I think you need a crash course in how to charm the ladies from the Master himself. Ben, take pity on this poor lad and share your bottomless pit of knowledge with him. :Shock:

• Like 2

I shall be laughing all day at that one Trogg. Nice one.:biggrin:

Just shown hubbs. He agrees :biggrin:

• Like 1

Funny old day with various issues but ended up on an interesting note. Fishing club meeting this evening. Returned home with 3000 hooks to sell in aid of club funds of and two geese. Will dress the geese in the morning and share with neighbours. Cats were interested but totally overwhelmed :biggrin: 

• Like 2

I have booked a table for two for tomorrow night at 8pm...i do hope the wife likes snooker.

I had considered a new bag & belt..but the hoover is fine.

• Like 1

Just got back from Circle at QMC having had an ultrasound on my thyroid. Got a taxi there, easier than getting the bus dropped me outside. I was about 20 minutes early, just settled down to read my book when they called me in. Really nice doctor did it, confirmed I have 2 nodules not 1, one each side of my thyroid (never did like uneven numbers why have 1 when you can have 2). Nothing nasty and he said just leave them alone, not worth having a needle put in them. (WHAT! Don’t think they would have got near me to do that anyway) Found my way to main road and got a bus back (might as well use my bus pass). I must say the bus services here are excellent, so much better than Doncaster where I was before. Feel quite proud of myself as before my husband would have been with me and it seemed a bit daunting going on my own. So now I have done two things by myself today, gone to the hospital and been on a bus by myself without having a panic/anxiety attack. Just little steps but they mount up! Got myself 2 Belgian Buns to celebrate, just had 1 with a cup of tea the other I will have later. A good day:)

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Well done, SG.  As you say, doing little steps is the way to go, I reckon.  Pleased it was relatively good news about your thyroid.   So no medication?

I have been given 5mg tablets, this is my third week taking them, they are minute, worry about dropping them don’t think I would find them if I do! I think they are the smallest dose you can get. Back at the doctor next week to see how I have got on with them, the only side effect I have had (up to now) is making my hair fall out a bit and it is very dry, but apparently this should stop once my body has adjusted to them (I hope). Haven’t noticed any real difference yet but leaflet says 4 to 6 weeks before they really start to work. I have to have a blood test beginning of March and then have a telephone appointment with clinic to find out results. They seem to think I will be able to eventually cut down medication and might end up not needing it at all (fingers crossed). 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Stick with it, SG. The thing about thyroid problems is that progress can be very slow so patience is needed but you will get there.

• Upvote 1

It's usually the underactive thyroid itself which causes dry skin/hair etc, so this should improve with the meds (and you should get more energy, too)

• Like 1