DJ360

How's your day?

2 hours ago, carni said:

I always have to look up at the bedroom window of the room my daughter was born in as we pass. Aah. memories.

Would that also be the same room as the conception took place? Only wondering,with the remark, Aah memories. Nudge nudge, wink wink.

• Like 1

Nope, Nudge nudge....Queens Avenue Gedling Pit estate. Not telling which house though.:blush:

• Like 1

Blimey Carni, for someone who doesn't fly, you get about a bit. Conceived in Gedling, born in Penkridge. You just need a passport and the 'world is your lobster' as dell boy would say.

• Like 1

Going to Beaumaris for a long weekend, hope to have a good time walking eating and drinking. 16 of us going, I'll try and stay sober.

• Like 1

Mrs P in front of Beaumaris castle

DSCF3292.jpg

Have a great time Den and Mrs Den

Rog

Thanks Rog, might not take the missus she was a bit late making my breakfast this morning.

• Like 1

You must be one of those rare breeds of husband who has a choice Den slywink

Rog

Denshaw your post re your wife was late making your breakfast made me laugh and reminded me of years ago a 19 year old was always late for work. His best excuse ever was that it wasn't his fault it was his mothers, she cooked him two boiled eggs for his breakfast instead of his usual one, so it took him longer to eat his breakfast.

• Like 3

I went to buy some railway sleepers for the garden yesterday but changed my mind when I saw the price - £30 each! Then, looking at them reminded me about the weight. I used a lot of them in France 10 years ago and could handle them easy enough by lifting each end to load the trailer and truck. Not going to try that now. So I'm off to the fencing company to look for something lighter and cheaper.

Looking through my cider stocks yesterday and found 2 1/2 gallons of Perry I made two seasons ago. It has definitely improved. Two pints sent me on a trip in the evening and I slept well and had some fantastic dreams. More experiments this evening. 

• Like 2

Well my day has started in the usual way. Two mugs of tea in bed (Yep, I did say two). Spoilt rotten this Gel. Downstairs now, I cup of coffee, three games of  Sudoku with hubbs. Huh. He won all three this morning. Toast and honey to follow and now the best bit. 

Sitting in my usual chair by the Patio window eyeing our bird feeders. All the usual visitors, plus a newly gained Magpie. The feeder has numerous trays and seedy things hanging on it, one being a tray full of seeds etc plus some stale bread pieces. Directly above it there is a tray of water. The Magpie has just picked up a dry piece of bread and hopped up on to the water tray and dunked the bread a few times and ate it. How clever is that, instinct, must be. I was so impressed, I put a bit of cake out as reward. Gotta watch the Pigeons, greedy little devils, they don't stop till it's all gone.

We are taking daughter out for a ride now, off to Rugely and then probably lunch out somewhere, will check the birds when I get back. Great this retirement, I've got over my hospital visit on Monday and feel a bit more light hearted now, so off for some fun.:biggrin:

• Like 6

Good girl enjoy your trip out

• Like 1

6 hours ago, plantfit said:

You must be one of those rare breeds of husband who has a choice Den slywink

Rog

lol, not for long if she reads his post about breakfast!

• Like 2

Recently got an OS map of East Dorset, Poole and Purbeck. This morning did the Poole Harbour trail. Breakfast at The Kitchen in Poole Park, then followed the map to Lilliput where a coffee, and a much needed toilet break was taken. Then on to The Sandbanks Beach Cafe. 

Phew, tea and walnut cake was welcomed.

Here, the trail forks left for Bournemouth, and right for Sandbanks ferry. Decided to hobble back, and keep to the road which is slightly shorter.

Now at the sis in laws with aching knees, calves and backache ! Brilliant.

• Like 4

Well done FLY, that is my occasional stomping ground.  We were down there for a few days this past week, didn’t do a lot as my husband is suffering badly with backache and sciatica, (he’s had it since November) it’s  beautiful walking country but this trip we only managed a couple of walks on Sandbanks beach.  We love it there.  

• Like 1

Me too Lizzie, it's a beautiful area.

Get hubby a Fitbit, and ensure he reaches 10k daily, but for goodness sake, keep him off the Full English, the coffee and walnut cake, and endless cappuccinos !

Unbelievable this morning I've been counting sheep.:Shock:

I was preparing food for the dogs when I heard them all barking including next doors dog and the one next door but one plus others that I didnt recognise the bark. Went out to see what all the fuss was about I saw through the gate a herd of sheep. Ok they're sending them to graze, hope its not in the field opposite us. Went down to the gate and the road and field were full of sheep in all shapes and sizes. I had my phone ready to take a photo then it discharged. Honestly I have never ever seen so many in on herd. There were 4 dogs that wanted to come to see our dogs then the shepherds waved their sticks and they moved. We don't see sheep in fields around here but its coming towards easter and lamb in on the menu's unfortunately. They are brought over from Sardinia and you know what comes next. There were quite a few tiny lambs and one shepherd had a new born in a rucksack. One little one came out on his own , he was beautiful. White obviously but with black markings. There was a black sheep only one ,very big ,  I suppose he was the male. I noticed there were a few horns running through. I asked how many sheep there were and the reply was a wave in the air of two arms and he said 100's Think there were more like a 1000.

No doubt they will all be in field somewhere nearby. I'll keep my phone handy.

• Upvote 1

We got them in the field next to us Nonna, they stink something terrible and spend most of the night bleating, much quieter when they are on a plate surrounded with gravy and spuds

Rog

• Like 4

Another fabulous days fly fishing at Carsington yesterday. 30 to the boat. Gardening today in preparation for the timber edging boards that are being delivered tomorrow morning. My grandsons next door has a huge garden and I'm using about 150 sq yards of it as an allotment. Loads of frog spawn in the pond this morning and the frogs are still arriving. The pair of mallards that have been visiting daily have given up using the pond as a nesting area. Cats keep chasing them off. They were down for a quick swim this morning though.

I haven't had a pond in my garden for 20 years now PP but I still get lots of frogs I hate the 

things they jump out at me when I'm gardening. My 8 year old Grandson informed me that frogs

have a life span of 11 years, not in my garden they don't my dog has had two already this weekend.

Sorry Frog lovers.:mellow: 

3 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Looks like your moggies prefer mallards to mice, PP!

They average one mouse a day. They had two yesterday! They ignore the frogs now, thank goodness. Maybe the frogs give off an anti moggie smell?

....and today, it snowed.

24 minutes ago, Compo said:

....and today, it snowed.

Really and I've just cleaned my lady shed out ready for the nice weather.  

• Like 1

Cancun 28 degrees. Bliss

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1