How's your day?

Just got back from Skegvegas,very windy but not uncomfortable, had a nice cup of coffee in the Grosvenor and Mrs P said the pot of tea was very good, a nice walk along the beach to blow away the cobwebs and a walk around the shopping area (fortunately the shops were closed)

P1060382.jpg

Mrs P in the Tower gardens

P1060389.jpg

Me and Mrs P on the sea front,

hope you all have a great day

Rog

• Like 6
  • Replies 12.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

It's not often I put personal stuff on here so here goes, a few years ago I found a woman daft enough who would marry me , some of you have met Margaret at some of the meet ups and yesterday was the d

Posted Images

Went for a nice early morning walk with the dogs on the beach next to the Seal Sanctuary at Mablethorpe to just past Theddlethorpe.

Christmas dinner? A couple of ham sandwiches followed by a flask of coffee.

Surprised by how many people were about on the beach, but the sun was shining and despite the breeze it was quite warm (11 degrees)

Decided to drive into Mablethorpe itself in the late afternoon but the place was like a ghost town... deserted. I couldn't recognise any of the frontage, although the last time I went there was around 1959! Next a meander through Sutton on Sea. Again couldn't recognise the place...?

With darkness falling we headed back inland through Alford, it's a lot bigger now than I remember...

All in all an enjoyable outing, but somehow some nostalgic childhood seaside memories have been unfortunately 'updated' forever....   

• Upvote 1

So far it’s been a smashing day. Our youngest son arrived late morning and after greeting him I got the ironing board out to press his togs which were still damp from washing!   Boys eh?!!!

We went off to Harbour Heights Hotel in Sandbanks for a lovely lunch, preceded by G and Ts and champagne.  The restaurant has spectacular views over Poole Harbour and although it’s much nicer down here in the summer there were several hardy souls kite-surfing out there in the bay today.  Enjoyed our long lunch, food was really good and the service excellent.

Back here to open our pressies and relax in front of the telly.  It’s blowing a real gale out there tonight with heavy rain beating on the windows so we feel very lucky to be warm and cosy with a roof over our heads. 

Hope you Nottstalgians have had an enjoyable day so far.  

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Blustery day too in St.Just (practically Lands End) .

Went to the daughter-in-law's brothers new house which is in the process of being renovated . They just about got the kitchen and lounge and heating going but the rest still a building site ! 

One of their new neighbours came round and got talking to him .

Turns out he was an ex-Notts man from Edwalton ! He used to frequent all the same clubs , Dungeon , Beachcomber and Boat clubs etc.

His father who died in the 60s had an underwear factory in the Lace Market (could have been called Denholms ?) .

Small world !

• Upvote 2

Visited Mrs PP twice today at the hospital. The hospital charity provided an excellent dinner and two nice presents. hopefully she will be home tomorrow then we can open our prezzies together. It is suspected that her infection was caused by damage done during a routine endoscopy carried out last Thursday. All very sudden and at the worst time of the year. We should have spent Christmas in N Somerset and then gone on to London on Friday to see the ballet at the Royal Albert Hall. Looks like we will be cancelling that too :( If she is home tomorrow all the family will be dropping by :biggrin:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 4

Good job you weren't in Brittany then PP. Hopefully things will be ok tomorrow.

All quiet Mum and Aunty have gone to bed very tired, gin can do that to you.  After lunch I found the channel that has the  old movies so t hey were happy, we had a quiet day spoke to my son when he called his wife nice end to Christmas Day.

PP  ..... pleased to hear your wife is improving, hopefully you can start your Christmas tomorrow.

• Like 1

I drove from Basford to Toton today, and just couldn't believe the amount of shops open on Arnold Rd, and up through Broxtowe and Strelley. Unbelievably they all looked to be doing good business. What is the world coming to ?

Pleased to hear the good news, PP.

Visiting my friend in hospital yesterday, the staff were pulling out all the stops to make things festive, despite being very busy. I helped out a bit by feeding a couple of people their lunch. Even crackers and presents had been provided! No one wants to spend Christmas in hospital but it wasn't too bad.

• Like 2

Oh dear, a very poor nights sleep as I couldn't stop coughing and spluttering, as my sniffles have turned into a full blown cold. 

My throat feels like it has had a stiff lavatory brush thrust down it, so I must have a well done bacon sandwich with HP sauce in a vain attempt to relieve the rasping pain. On the plus side though, it might get me out of visiting the outlaws later this evening.

We've only got 6 inches of oil left in the tank outside and the delivery isn't until Friday so we're having to economise on heating the radiators and the water.  We don't have gas in the village... Fortunately we have an electric shower so that is good, until you have to get dry in a cold bathroom!  I feel it's like an old fashioned Christmas without central heating - sitting in the chairs covering ourselves with blankets.   We are using an old noisy electric fan heater in the living room but it's not as good as radiators!   We find the oil heating is generally very good (when we order a delivery early enough.  We got it wrong this time!). 

Ever thought of propane Margie?  We have a 500 gallon tank, our heating's a woodstove though, safer to have wood heating and propane in our climate, we are prone to power outages in very adverse weather, some can be long, depending on how much the infrastructure is damaged.

1 hour ago, Ayupmeducks said:

Ever thought of propane Margie?  We have a 500 gallon tank, our heating's a woodstove though, safer to have wood heating and propane in our climate, we are prone to power outages in very adverse weather, some can be long, depending on how much the infrastructure is damaged.

We have never considered propane because the oil is very  reliable and efficient... it's just that with all the run up to Christmas and the fact that we've had the radiators on quite a bit in the cold weather, the oil ran down more quickly than usual and we forgot to order early enough!

It's a bit warmer today - 5 degrees - so we're OK.