DJ360

How's your day?

Sorry benj, we have been trying to remember his name but it's gone. I don't know if you can remember but, I think we were there to meet up with him after he had been to hospital for a check up. He was always very concerned about getting the message over to you men about getting checked for Prostate Cancer, as there are no early symptoms. I'm off to bed now, I bet it will drive me crazy trying to remember his name???????:biggrin:

• Like 1

I notice that our old friend who was advising all men to have the PSA blood test a few years ago was ‘banned’ from Nottstalgia, think there was a bit of aggro but in fact he talked a lot of sense, what a shame he’s been excluded from this forum.  He’s only listed as a Guest since exclusion. He was from Belper, hope it’s ok. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Andy Charlesworth, Lizzie. A great character and a sad loss to NS.

• Like 2

Thats the man fly,, yes a character,,liked him,, 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Me too. Big Reds fan also.

• Like 1

I never met Andy Charlesworth but he seemed a real decent bloke.  Hopefully he recovered from his prostate problems.  

And thats what happens when you give the power to delete posts and ban members to people who think some posts are directed at them personally, let the members have a vote on who gets banned,suspended or other, there's the odd one or two "in charge" or think they are who are killing this site.

Yes Andy Charlesworth did have constructive things to say and he was and probably still is a decent sort and the likes of him are missed all because of some trigger happy delete/ban/quote button pressers

Rog

Rog

Oh what a beautiful day the sun has returned at least here.

Still very ...cold though

The smile on your Avatar always warms my day Nonna.  thumbsup

What a compliment. But the photo is practically ancient at least 9 yrs ago. And time does age me. But thank you anyway.

I was cuddling my grand daughter.

Right....time to get my posterior in gear and get out into the garden to plant me tatties before the storm returns.........

Just had my tv stand delivered, a few days early well done Amazon! Going to do my chores and then get geared up to put it together. Description says all screws etc are in bags and marked with symbols and the reviews said it wasn’t too bad to put together. We will see later, will report on progress (will either be put together or in a heap in the back garden), wish me luck.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

So unpacked the stand. Very impressed, nice and sturdy with good heavy glass base, tether to attach tv to wall worried me a bit. Checked everything was there, got my screwdrivers ready. Instructions are pictures but looked straightforward. But (isn’t there always a but) when I started putting pieces together realised I would need 4 arms to put it together. As I only have 2 arms surprisingly I packed everything back into box, at least everything fitted back in. Will get it done tomorrow when I will have help. Had chocolate instead. Such is life!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, plantfit said:

And thats what happens when you give the power to delete posts and ban members to people who think some posts are directed at them personally, let the members have a vote on who gets banned,suspended or other, there's the odd one or two "in charge" or think they are who are killing this site.

Yes Andy Charlesworth did have constructive things to say and he was and probably still is a decent sort and the likes of him are missed all because of some trigger happy delete/ban/quote button pressers

Rog

Rog

Thank you for your suggestion Rog, we have decided to listen to your idea. If any members would like to see anyone banned please PM me and we will see if there is sufficient interest.

Just a tthought Den,not having a pop at anyone,this is a good site with a lot of good members who,I think are proud to be members so should be heard in a democratic way,if you know what I mean, thanks for the replythumbsup

Rog

Just recovered from Saturday's birthday bonanza. Three birthday parties one after the other starting at midday. An 80th a 50th then on to a 70th...phew! Thankfully I have been training for such events :rolleyes: Heavy gardening / landscaping again today. Potatoes and broad beans went into the new veg plots yesterday and the cats have been digging them up already....:(

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Nice to get a bit of help in the garden Terry slywink

Rog

Not a good start so far. Saturday went to London to consult with a surgeon about implants. Set of without the e-mail print out, oh dear, bad omen?.

Stopped at a service station on M1 for a meal but it was rammed, chock full with supporters going to the Man City game. Found a parking space well away from everyone else and trotted off. Place was heaving so ordered a burger (is that 'to go' sir?) and took it back to my car. There's a damn great SUV parked so close opening the door was difficult, nearside OK so sat in there to eat. Halfway through said burger SUV takes off, turned too early and catches the front of my car. Marvellous, wonderful, impressed I am not. After several imprecations relating to his mental state, parentage, IQ level and the need for Specsavers we examine damaged wing. It's not that bad he pronounces and thinks we can do it without insurance claims - 'a couple a hundred quid should cover it' he thinks.

One damaged wing, one headlight, one alloy wheel and he thinks £200? The headlight alone is over £1200... muppet.

Any road up arrived at appointment with 5 mins spare, apparently I need bone grafts to have the procedure I want and it will take possibly 12 to 18 months. This I do not want to hear.

This morning has not started well as I said. Now I can't remember who I'm insured with! Did it online and thought no need to print it out so didn't bother. GRRR this old timers disease is not funny... 

Sorry to read of your bad day Brew,hopefully things will get better for you

Rog

• Like 1

I'm sorry to hear that, Brew.  Shouldn't happen to a dog.  Hope things turn around for you.

• Like 1

Sorry to hear of your problems Brew, hopefully things will soon sort themselves out, If anyone can do it you will.

• Like 2

Progress; the claim is in and a long conversation is now on the go. It seems Halifax hand over claims to claim management company. After jumping through the various hoops we came to the personal injury section. 'Can you lean back, bend to the side, put your shin on your chest without pain'? 'No no no. there is no injury'. 'Ah but the stress of having an accident may take time to show blah blah blah'.

I told her that I'm feeling very uncomfortable and she appears to pressuring me to make a claim and that it would fraudulent were I to do so.

Was that the end of it?, no, I now have till Thursday to think about it and she will ring me again!   What is wrong with these people!? I have had similar in the past but never this blatant.

One excellent piece of news. As of 3:30 this afternoon I was released from the  cancer clinic after 5yrs monitoring and declared clear of any trace.  wereno1

• Like 12

Excellent news Brew. Aren't they continuing your checkups any more then.? I thought my oncologist would stop checkups after 5 yrs cancer free but he said no we continue for life. Suits me fine.

I go every 3 months with every 6 months an ecograph and Cat scan.

I must say I do feel safe.

All the best it's all behind you now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Aren't they continuing your checkups any more then

Thank you nonna.

No need they say. They seem quite confident that due to catching it so early it has gone and not metastasised.