How's your day?

Mary, I know they are about because we see them, but can't for the life of me think which shops. We don't buy them anymore. When the kids were small, we used to buy them often but now there is only two of us we would end up with soggy biscuits. I looked on the internet and they are advertised under the name of 'House of Lancaster Broken Biscuits', but you have to buy bulk., at least four boxes. If I remember the shop, I will let you know. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

1 hour ago, mary1947 said:

carni

now Woolworths in Bulwell has closed where do we get "Broken Biscuits" from?

Try Marsdens in Bulwell Mary................

• Like 1

Carni, you could always buy four boxes. Surely you must have three friends who would like an early Christmas present.

Ben, I'll  be having spam fritters for lunch today, wanna join me?

5 hours ago, trogg said:

What do others do? , I am unable to sit for very long so reading a good book is out so I am continually walking about it don't take long in a bungalow

trogg try an old Sony Walkman and audio books. You can move about as you like, be entertained and not wake the missus...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
6 hours ago, trogg said:
  1. Yes its Monday, up at 2.30 again cant sleep ,bored stiff, hundreds of tv programs all trash , I then remembered seeing that others were having the same problems so I logged in and  saw that I was the only member with 7 guests .  What do others do to use the time to use up the dark hours,

What with you and Gem and various others, maybe we should organise the next meet-up for the middle of the night.

Suggestions for a suitable location...

• Like 1

'Cow and Gate..Farmer's Wife..Double.Devon..Cream..'  Amazing what rubbish gets stored in our brains.. :laugh:

Dreams about work after retirememnt.  They seem to be very common.. Just look here:

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=Dreams+about+work+long+after+retirement%3F&t=ffnt&ia=web

The common thread seems to be things going wrong, like Ben leaving food all over the country, or whatever.  Those of us who've met Ben know he's a snappy dresser and very tidy.  I reckon it's that.. nightmare failures of his natural tidiness..  But there's probably a deeper psychology to it as well.. where he unconsciously sets up excuses for meeting the Laydees in far flung parts..  ;)

I still get work dreams, 5 years into retirement. Noticeable that they are always about the last few years, when I was trying to do my job properly..the way I was trained.. and for the right reasons.  I.E.to help people...not to provide endless statistics.  Sadly, by that time the whole organisation had been filled with 'managers', who knew the square root of bugger all about Career Guidance, but everything about filling forms and meeting pointless targets.

It's always nice to wake up from those dreams.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, denshaw said:

You could buy some biscuits and break them yourself.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I have a wife who is very proficient at breaking biscuits..and the chocolate coating on Magnums, before she's even got them out of the car.

P.S.  I should add that I've not eaten biscuits regularly for years, and none at all since I started being all healthy..  :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, carni said:

'House of Lancaster Broken Biscuits', but you have to buy bulk., at least four boxes. If I remember the shop, I will let you know. 

Home Bargains was the last place I saw them.

• Like 1

Same yesterday with the chaos caused by the Robin Hood half marathon. Don't the organisers realise folks have things to do and lives to lead ? Let em run round Wollaton Pk lake a few times.

Today I went first thing to Kings Mill hospital. Not easy as I struggle with movement early morning and it’s about a 40 mile round trip plus car park charges. I was expecting some test results from a recent biopsy. I was told that they didn’t have the results back so they’ll make a new appointment at some future date. They have my email, mobile and landline but lack the ability to contact me to say don’t come.

Not best pleased.

1 hour ago, letsavagoo said:

I was expecting some test results from a recent biopsy.

A forty mile trip is a bit much, can't they forward them to your GP?

Not sure this photos should be here or in the politics topic. A new Pizzeria opened in the village the other day. we went last night and I was intrigued by this offering. didn't like it all , in fact it was the worst pizza Ive ever eaten . (it wasn't even a pizza , it was a focaccia which is thicker) but it was like rubber. Is this a premonition of what is to come¡

IMG-3866.jpgto upload photos

Here is what arrived, it seemed to be good, roast beef , mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, rocket, balsamic vinegar and basil and flakes of parmesan.

What a disaster.

IMG-3867.jpg

Just having lunch and sat thinking  what day it was AHHH!!! THURSDAY 3rd  October, of cause first Thursday in October means 

"GOOSE FAIR"   for 3 days only as the Mayor used to say. Looking back the master and I got married Goose Fair Saturday, master had relatives who arrived  from down south  (Surrey) ordinarily  from Nottingham they wanted to visit the fair, well after having lunch at the pub (no fit state to walk let alone go to the fair) we all made our way down to the forest. first ride we came against was the cake walk, so being brave we all rushed to give the cake walk a go. (remember we had been to the pub) most of us fell down and could not get up again, wet undies  and tears were all so adding to the laughter  none of us could stop laughing and none were in any fit sate to stand or walk.  Well I  suppose the chap running the cake walk was not making much money has all of us had been on the cake walk for about an hour (well on the floor.) The man stopped the cake walk and literary ordered us off and never to return, just a question doe's any member know if the cake walk is still on the fair and does the same man run it. (just in case i wan't to go on it again) and of cause we did make it to the church.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Nonna it's that Rocket lettuce, it tends to go off.

Rucola as it's called here is sometimes put on top of many things including pizza. It does go off quickly especially when it's heated but it's meant to be put on just before eating. I like it in salad and as topping. We had a job keeping it under control when we first moved into this house , it grew everywhere.

1 hour ago, nonnaB said:

they were old at 30.

Nonna, from what I have learnt through reading 'The King Makers Daughters', it seems they are lucky to make it to 30. They may be royalty but would  have their own family members executed to get at their wealth and lands. I have about a third of the book left to read, but I will definitely look out for the titles Beekay has mentioned. Phillipa Gregory is a brilliant writer,  she has gained a new fan.