How's your day?

Right on Rog short take off vertical landing, that's if the yanks can get it right, they were having problems with that one.

My day a first, first time I have seen a heron in Bestwood Park and...... he is standing on the side of my bloomin pond, ran out waving me arms like a lunatic.

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Beekay

• philmayfield

• DJ360

• nonnaB

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back from QMC again........the last eight days have been a bit Traumatic to say the least,,...blood tests,,X-rays,,and today a visit to a Consultant........cut a long story short......problem

Result........CT Scans all clear......just got letter..been sweating for a fortnight......

Two years ago today..........my life changed forever,,,about this time i was on my way down to the operating theatre for what turned out to be a ten hour operation...........its been life changing in

Posted Images

• NBL I know the problem with Herons , here in Hucknall we use to have one visiting most days , in the end I had to put a fence around the pond with strings of wire above it. I thought that solved the problem ,until one day the wife said look at that beautiful bird with something orange in its beak , I looked and said to her that's a kingfisher with one of the small fishes in its beak. I wont tell you what she said but it was no longer a beautiful bird. We had to alter the pond yet again and it seems we have solved the problem , we were fed up of buying fish just to feed birds.

violence in cities and elsewhere is getting worse. 

Not that long ago 2 Italian boys found work in a restaurant in UK I can't remember where but they had only just arrived and were beaten up. One died and not sure whether the other survived or not. Here the news is full of incidences similar. Also men murdering their wives and children. Only recently its happened again. The couple were having problems, the problem was the husband being violent. The wife set the wheels in motion for a separation in the hope he would eventually have some sort of therapy. He didn't accept the situation and shot his wife then his two children 13 and 9, both beautiful girls. Probably satisfied that he'd done the right thing he shot himself

The outcome of this story is that the wife has survived and is still in hospital. She only found out about her daughters the day of their funeral as she was in intensive care and coma.

The frightening thing is that the husband was a policeman and had already had problems but they weren't picked up straightaway.

Hola again amigos, another good day on the cold costas, met a couple from stabbo today,and gave the Swedish footballers a lesson in "keepy up" to much applause. Trouble was scratched me "guccies"and more questions about the Reds followed, they really are popular abroad,

Just enjoying the last of happy hour, then food and bit of a dance, 

Wife may come and join me, but she'll have to be quick,  lol,

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Yesterday tried to get out of bed, only my back thought other wise, never, ever have I not been able to move, but Friday morning I honestly could not move, this was about 4 00am  in the morning and the master was snoring his ????? off.

Slowly made my way into the kitchen tried to fill kettle but this brought pain to my back, so had drop of juice instead.

First things first, I thought to myself, soon as GP open's get PX for pain killers. Strong one's are needed. The worst thing was that we have booked a holiday and looking forward to it, when do we go? you've guessed it Yes! Monday Ema leaving our house about 5 30am. Phone call to GP the receptionist said no probs! get GP to phone you before 12 00. as you know when you pick up PX you have to wait at chemist sometimes they have not got the meds in and you have to go back, 12 00 o'clock no phone call had come though, Oh! and the chemist where I get my PX from does not open on a Saturday, phoned GP only to find PX had been done and set to the chemist, if I had waited for phone call from GP I would still be waiting  phoned  chemist Yes they had done PX but Brian who deliver's them had already gone. Now my chemist is in Eastwood  and I live in Jacskdale.  My back had not taken this into account, Master was looking at our travel insurance, to see if we had to cancel how much would we get back  to cut a long story short, have got meds taken last night before bedtime, managed to get out of bed this morning don't write me off yet! I will be at EMA no matter what come snow or shine. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Sorry to hear about your back, Mary. Hope you're feeling better. I used to have my Levothyroxine prescription sent to Manor Pharmacy in Alfreton until they decided they were not going to open on Saturdays, which is usually the day I collect it because I work full time. Seems a ridiculous decision to me because Saturdays must be one of a chemists busiest days! So, I transferred to Boots, the good old Nottingham chemist. They're always open!

Enjoy your holiday!

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I ticked a like for you Mary,not because of the pain you are in but because of the "British Bulldog" spirit you have,enjoy your holiday

Rog

And the same wishes from me! 

Col

Same as Margie said Mary, get on that plane, holidays are good for you, crazy i know but since being out here my shaky finger/hand as almost gone,and the wifes arthritus is so much better,back home she struggles to walk far without pain, this week shes walked miles completly pain free, 

Have a nice holiday,

• Like 1

What's the weather like in Nottm folks?

Three friends of mine are heading up to Liverpool by car today and we're all going to the Cavern show tonight.  I've advised them to avoid cross Pennine routes and stick to A50 /M6.  So far here, even on the mighty and forbidding slopes of the Billinge Massif (  :biggrin: ) .. we've just had a few light flurries of snow which have blown away.   Flippin' cowd tho Miduck!  Hope it doesn't get any worse.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

What's the weather like in Nottm folks?

One minute it's snowing with large flakes which try to settle; then 5 minutes later it stops and there's clear blue sky. Then 10 minutes later it snows again, then 5 minutes later it's clear blue sky again. Been like that all morning.

Bloody cold wind as well.

• Like 1

Really sorry to hear about your back Mary, I can sympathise with you. It takes me ages to get out of bed in a morning but then busying myself with things it sort of eases but does not pass. I've given up the thought of being  painfree as after so much physio its no better. The only thing that eases it in the morning is either wait til it feels better or else I stretch and do exercises. But I've given up as my spine is in a really bad way.

Hope you will feel better soon and be able to go and enjoy your holiday. Relax but try to keep moving or walking. 

Down here in the Cambs fens, we woke up to a light covering of snow but most of it has gone now, although there are still a few pathetic tiny flakes of snow still falling...  no blue sky here, only grey - as my mum used to say about snow 'The sky's full of it"

Been out with the dog, got all togged up but there was hardly any need. It was lovely in the sunshine but a bitterly cold wind now and again.  Glad I’m back indoors now though as it looks like we have the blizzard that Phil had a little while ago.  

• Like 1

Thanks to all my friends on Nottstagia for kind wishers I will think of you all while on holls.

• Like 3
8 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Same as Margie said Mary, get on that plane, holidays are good for you, crazy i know but since being out here my shaky finger/hand as almost gone,and the wifes arthritus is so much better,back home she struggles to walk far without pain, this week shes walked miles completly pain free, 

Have a nice holiday,

Mrs Catfan's uncle & aunt went to Teneriffe  every winter for 5 months for that very same reason Ben.