DJ360

How's your day?

Chat.jpg

Back to the day job...

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Wore three sweeping brushes out Phil. :-)

Ran into some friends of Ben ??….

Chat.jpg

Chat.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

CT, I think they are genuine bricks, and by the looks of it, hand made. The colour is reminiscent of the yellowish bricks in the London area.

I bought some red bricks, albeit with similar markings, from a reclaimation yard in Kent several years ago, to rebuild my lounge hearth. 

You get those dark spots on the bricks by adding "Breeze" to the mix during the manufacturing process,"Breeze" is a type of crushed coke that burns and glazes over in the kilns leaving that distinctive pattern

Rog

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, plantfit said:

You get those dark spots on the bricks by adding "Breeze" to the mix during the manufacturing process,"Breeze" is a type of crushed coke that burns and glazes over in the kilns leaving that distinctive pattern

Rog

The London Brick Company.

No,they down Peterborough way,different clay fields

Rog

Seen those bricks in lots of areas in P/boro and Leytonstone area down in the Smoke.

Sorry I thought you meant the ones with Breeze in them BK,yes you are right they look like a London brick company/Phorpres/ small producer, could even be hand made as opposed to pressed or extruded

Rog

• Upvote 1

Played football, cricket and tennis at Phorpres Rog,,when I moved to Peterborough in mid 70s,,they had a great social club with large areas of ground for sport,,  think all built on now,,

• Like 1

Probably so Ben, most of the clay pits were used for household waste/ landfill and either built over or landscaped,good community spirit within the brick companies though everyone worked hard for their money,lot of Italians worked in them

Rog

Chat.jpg

Back to Morrisons again Phil.  slywinkOr maybe Bens Rhubarb !!

Yes i knew a few italians there,,some good footballers among them,, my daft memory there was eating a tin of Rhuarb then playing mixed doubles. Tennis,,,only managed first set,, :@ 

• Like 1

Ignoring the world..hugging an altered coca cola...horizontal in me den...Doomtrain up loud!

• Like 1

Dossing- reading up on this..8319812323-5c00570750-b.jpgLast time i was aboard this British Rail paddle steamer was 1976-77..in New Holland Lincs.

The Lincoln Castle...it was an RCTS outing..Little Bob Story played on deck..good times!

• Like 1

Not sure where to put this... ( Suggestions on a post card not required..)

My Brother sent me this picture, which I assume is either at the former rail crossing by the Gala Bingo at the end of Southglade Rd. .. or at one of the other points where Hucknall Rd passes 'cuts' through the former Leen Valley line.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipODaKQ6_xkAEILLSnrWrxdgX4DUYHZ6l5rirhSk

Now I'm no expert, but even I know that the line closed in the 50s or 60s. But more importantly, this information, down to the exact day, if not the hour, will be known to any number of rail enthusiasts.  Very poor reasearch ( if any) by whoever wasted money on these signs.

There was also Tattershall Castle Ian, I think it spent a lot of it's time on the Thames

Rog

• Like 1

Col, I can't open the link on your last post..... 

5 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Neither can I. Sorry.

Nowt here either.

1 hour ago, plantfit said:

There was also Tattershall Castle Ian, I think it spent a lot of it's time on the Thames

Rog

Pretty sure that one does pleasure trips out of Chatham dockyard, Rog. Might have been another "castle". Thats where the bricks on car picture came from. It was a 1940s weekend salute. Absolutely brilliant.

• Like 1

Off to McArthur Glen at M1 junction 28 soon, to get some new jeans if possible, as I've obviously had too much cake or pork pie recently.

Then maybe pop up to junction 29 to have some cake at Glapwell Garden Centre Tea Rooms ! 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Beekay said:

pleasure trips out of Chatham dockyard

Just looked it up BK,The Tattershall Castle is now a floating pub on the River Thames Victoria Embankment

Rog

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

Add me to the list.