DJ360

How's your day?

Sounds about normal together with food poisoning next day. Enjoy!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Off for a barbie soon. Warm wine, flat beer, and dubious eats !  Banal chit chat !.... In droves no doubt !

Go on Fly you'll enjoy it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

You'll be able to tell them about "ailments,aches and pains" and "keep one drop one" that should keep em quiet mate   slywink

Rog

Not this morning but this afternoon I sat out in the sun and then went to dip my legs in the pool. The water was 24 c but the outside temperature reached 35 c. About time too as we've had about our limit of rain and cold. Caught the sun so tomorrow it's costumes on and swimming. Bought a new life buoy ring to hang in the water and stretch my back. It's so relaxing. Picnic round the pool already prepared.

• Like 2

I've been watching the "Giro Italia" cycle race on the telly Nonna, they had their fair share of rain as well, did the ride go anywhere near your place

Rog

Just now, plantfit said:

I've been watching the "Giro Italia" cycle race on the telly Nonna, they had their fair share of rain as well, did the ride go anywhere near your place

Rog

Not quite our place PF but yesterday all the local dogs including ours were barking . The noise was unbelievable. I went out to see what it was all about when I could see cycles , lots of them and going fairly fast, past our gate. Thought to myself "didn't know the giro d'italia was coming round here "( although it comes quite near)

I then saw that the group was slowing down and I recognized the children from the schools doing their end of term cycle ride. They do it every year so it's the junior school and secondary schools that do it so there are hundreds of children. It's well organized with Carabinieri, ambulances and school buses in case some don't quite make it. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sounds great Nonna,we have small local rides for the children (about 12-15 kids) from the local schools but nothing on that scale,makes sense to teach the children road sense,long may it continue

Rog

• Like 1

PF The giro d'italia near us was on May 23rd. Between Cuneo and Pinerolo ( Turin) we are between both. Thought it was a bit nearer but maybe that was a few years back. Seem to remember it came through the village. Will have a look.

Just checked yes it came through our village last year 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

Off for a barbie soon. Warm wine, flat beer, and dubious eats !  Banal chit chat !.... In droves no doubt !

It's not just on here then Fly ?

• Like 1

Been moving loads of stuff out of the lounge as we're having a new carpet fitted. The fellows that do it are happy to move the main furniture as they just need to lift it about 10ins. All they ask is for us to clear all personal stuff, (of which there's loads). Been packing and moving ornaments records etc., bit of a bugger ! Thought I would be doing it again tomorrow but Sheffield park & garden came to my rescue. Sent me an email asking if I could go in and help out Sunday. Saved by the bell (or maybe the notification). If it's anything like today's weather, it will be a killer.

• Upvote 1

No winner and no dinner...gonna order an IED from the Afghans..their menu term , not mine- great set of lads.

Dashing about to get done fut' match.

• Like 1

" it's all happening".Screen-Shot-2018-12-26-at-15-31-00.pngGot one lad hungover from boozing backstage with Madness..screwdrivers with suggs apparently...another one up a mountain..climbing.. entertaining the American side of the company..Son finds an elderly man who has fallen with severe head injuries..the Order of Malta and Red Cross courses i forked out for..stood in good stead. He rang the Coastguard..then had to download an app so the helicopter from Search and Rescue could find them. The US clients were well impressed...all on video..but i won't post.Madam is still doing promo tonight..finishing with The Coronas at 12 midnight tomorrow.

Raised them Bulwell style.

• Like 1

Better on seeing Mr Booth back posting. Superb.

• Like 3

Sat through a pretty poor Champion's League final.  Not really a footie fan anyway.. but nice to see Mrs Col's city win..   Also watched the new Montalbano.  It's whimsical and a bit different.  I enjoy it.

I'm going to play some vinyl now... because I can..  :)

DJ360 .If you like Luca Zingaretti ( Montalbano) he was in a new tv film the other day not playing Montalbano but another similar part. He played a judge whose friend was killed by the mafia. I don't know if it will be televised in UK but watch it if they do. I think he's a great actor and this time he played along side his wife .

On 31 May 2019 at 10:47 PM, PeverilPeril said:

Just finished packing for a weeks fishing in the Highlands. Leave at 6 am for the 483 mile trip. Won't be posting during that time - my phone is not up to it. Taking warm clothes - it is 10 deg colder up there and out on a wet and windy Loch it feels freezing. The whiskey helps :biggrin:

Blimey. You do get about on that trike.

Rooting through an old press...found some paperwork from Grays!3413685-orig.jpgthe telly we got was great- pretend wood and legs...nice when you find summat.

This afternoon doing my exercises . floating in lifebuoy to stretch my back.hope tonight the sunburn doesn't bother me

67c6d9df-b650-434f-83a7-15a8775dd6e9.jpg

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Forgot to say the telly was £620....glad electricals have come down.

Think No Parlez album and his name ain't 'old'...he was nasty apparently...my lad don't do rude prima's..he said Madness band were pure gents.

• Like 1

Thanks Ian, Your lad has the absolute right not to tolerate bad manners from anyone, irrespective of their standing. Good manners cost nothing!

• Like 2

Geoffrey..Bono's Son appeared a few weeks ago and is known for playing up...based on his Dads fame.

The venue Manager ushered my lad into the green room to deal with him. He went into 'Bulwell Mode".

"I'm making a pot of mashings- fancy a brew and a biccy?"

Threw him completely...and then all was good.

Today I have mostly been fitting a new battery into my phone.  It being a Samsung A3, with a glass back which is basically glued on, it took a while to do it without breaking anything, but I seem to have succeeded.

Basically, you warm the back with a hairdryer or heat gun. Then you use a suction pad to pull the back away a bit without breaking it,  slide somesthing like a credit card in to slowly separate the back.

The battery is also glued into it's recess from below and shoving things in to prise it out isn't wise.  A tip from the internet is to peel back the battery label along its full length and pull on that.  It works.

Push the new battery into the recess.

Clean off residual glue etc from back and phone.  place double sided tape in areas origiinally glued and stick the back on.

And the job is then, ..as they say. 'A good 'un'.

Assorted tools, special narrow double sided tape etc.and the battery, all from Amazon for a total of under 12 quid.

Result!

• Like 4

Well Done DJ360  Nothing succeeds like success. Thanks for the explanations Ian, more power to your sons elbow.

• Like 2