DJ360

How's your day?

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

We'd just think it was one of the weird locals!

Are you saying Wollaton people are weird Margie.:rolleyes:

Sue, I've only met 2 Wollaton people in person, as far as I know.  My Auntie Gwen lived on Pembury Road, but she died in 1966 and she wasn't weird.  The other Wollaton person I met was a lad I talked to as we were both up a tree in the Market Square watching the Forest team return after their 1959 victory.  We did go on one date after that but he wasn't really my type - he was posher than me!

• Like 1

Well I've lived in Wollaton twice, and I'm not weird ! I'm not am I ?

FLY, define 'weird' then I'll tell you!

Hmmm.... "Is Fly weird"....     hmmm....    pass....     I like a quiz got any questions on sport?        smile2

• Upvote 3

Ha, ha Margie. You're not catching me out like that ! 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Sue, I've only met 2 Wollaton people in person, as far as I know.  My Auntie Gwen lived on Pembury Road, but she died in 1966 and she wasn't weird.  The other Wollaton person I met was a lad I talked to as we were both up a tree in the Market Square watching the Forest team return after their 1959 victory.  We did go on one date after that but he wasn't really my type - he was posher than me!

Posher than you! You mean he was a member of the royal family?

• Like 1

Relentless downpours all night, pounding on the windows. Must catch up on some sleep today, before attempting to stake up my lupins, foxgloves and anything else that has succumbed to the storms. 

Global Warming....... That'll be the day !  Can't wait !

Looks more like global drowning round here! I'm glad I live on top of a hill. Some unfortunate folk will be flooded out with this volume of rain.

Same here. It's been like a torrent here. Parts of Hucknall Rd, and Valley Rd were flooded yesterday afternoon. Lord knows what they're like by now. 

8 hours ago, denshaw said:

I used to live in Wollaton in about three years time.

Den, you ARE weird.... unless you're one of the Doctor's companions!

• Like 1

I think the phrase 'global warming' has been dropped and has been substituted with 'climate change'. There are people employed to invent euphemisms to suit the current situation. Off to buy an electric car to see if that will save the world!

Not a cat in hells chance Phil. Save your money !

It was the subject of our discussion in the pub last night. Would you buy a used electric car? What about the cost of a new replacement battery. A journey into the unknown. 

My son in law has got one of the first Nissan Leafs(26kw) true range is about 120 miles.

How many Duracell batteries does it hold ? And do they really last longer than others;)

Not much use if you're intending going to Cornwall or Scotland for your holiday Den ! 

The latest Leaf (40kw) does about 220 miles, still not enough and not enough charging points.

1 minute ago, FLY2 said:

Not much use if you're intending going to Cornwall or Scotland for your holiday Den ! 

Suppose it would require a couple of stops en route, to recharge. Thereby adding another day to ones journey.

More stops, and more Costa coffee consumed while you're waiting !

If your plugging your car into a 60kw charger you could plug your kettle in at the same time, it shouldn't take long to boil.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, FLY2 said:

More stops, and more Costa coffee consumed while you're waiting !

It seems a rather expensive way of getting a caffeine fix !

Stupefyingly boring waiting around for an hour and a half to get you to the next service station. And that's always assuming that you're on a motorway. 

200 odd miles. Well that gets you to Tebay Services or Cullompton I suppose.