DJ360

How's your day?

I prefer a larger car. Our nearest garage, Harrison’s at Lowdham , have just taken on the Subaru agency after losing Peugeot. They are the only dealership in Notts. They certainly have a good reputation for reliability.

I've had my brother's old Honda Civic 2.0 L 'Sport', since 2012. It has barely deteriorated since I gave him £4k for it after he'd had it 8 years.  It came with 30k miles on the clock and has about 65k now.  Barely run in.

160 BHP is plenty to deal with motorways, hills etc, or for the odd little 'play'.. which I haven't yet grown out of.  I have every expectation that this will be my last car, unless Govt. emissions restrictions force me off the road due to unfairly high Road Tax.

2 hours ago, philmayfield said:

Proper old person's car isn't it?:(

Not when I drove it smile2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, philmayfield said:

Just checking it out. It doesn't get very good reviews in the motoring press - 6/10, 3/5 - that sort of thing. Not a keen driver's car, just a means of getting from A to B without too much excitement!

At your time of life Phil its a dangerous thing excitementsmile2

5 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

Italian drivers! I was once a passenger in a Maserati in Italy that was stopped for speeding. The car had Swiss plates and the driver showed his New Jersey driver's licence. The policeman just shrugged and waved us on! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

At your time of life Phil its a dangerous thing excitementsmile2

I've had all the excitement I shall ever need!

• Like 1

My husband prefers a bigger car but theres only us two now and we dont go far. He had Mitsubishi Space Star and he ran it til it wouldn't run any more. Our local mechanic said it was one of the most reliable makes on the road. In fact there was little wrong with it. I have the newer version and I' m pleased with it. Its no use having big and status symbol  cars here with the roads as they are. More holes than road.

5 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Italian drivers! I was once a passenger in a Maserati in Italy that was stopped for speeding. The car had Swiss plates and the driver showed his New Jersey driver's licence. The policeman just shrugged and waved us on! 

That happened to us years ago travelling from UK to here. International driving license he didnt understand it and we got into conversation with him and he let us go on our merry way. Doesn't help now as we have had to change our driving licenses.

My wife's had reliable Mitsubishi Shoguns for many years until recently. When I used to go to Italy everyone seemed to drive Fiats. Ferraris and Lambos were a very rare sight. You see more in London than Milan!

Herself has had two Micras, utterly reliable if a little boring.

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

The new Micra is a nice looking car, I was tempted but a bit too small.

The car too small....or you too small for it ?

• Like 1

The cars too small, couldn't get my 8 grandkids in it.

Was at the local Walk in Centre early for more blood tests.

Later, if it stops raining for more than about 20 minutes, I may have another try at cutting the grass.

Life on the edge eh?  :laugh:

22 hours ago, nonnaB said:

Reminded me of this Nonna:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bit of blue sky.  Difficult to say how much as I don't have a telescope with a micrometer attached.. but I might get the mower out.....

My mother-in-law, who worked in tailoring, always said when a bit of blue sky appeared, is there enough to make a pair of trousers?

• Like 2

Well I could make lots of grey trousers today (if I had the tailoring skills) but I fancy a nice blue pair! :biggrin:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

Well I could make lots of grey trousers today (if I had the tailoring skills) but I fancy a nice blue pair! :biggrin:

With a nice pink cravat Phil ?  :ph34r:

Whatever tickles your fancy, honky Tonk  !

IMG-20190527-165947.jpg

• Like 1

Sailors trousers Kath !

Plenty of sunshine then?

On and off all day here, but chilly.

Freezing here, but I just got the back grass done.  Definitely need to look into getting a bigger patio and a smaller lawn...

Would have laid a new patio mesen a few years back..  But I'm flagging a bit these days....  ;)

Right.  Just about to get ready for a day out in Liverpool/Cavern Club/Hole in the Wall/Crocodile or wherever, with Daz and Picko from Boowul.  This might feature alcohol.. my first since Sunday.