DJ360

How's your day?

Had a blood test this morning ready for my hospital appointment next week. Don’t like having them (not good with blood, tend to pass out if I see it). The doctor did it - ouch felt like an “elephant” needle and I am sure he took an armful, seemed to go on for ages. Treated myself to a fuchsia on the way home, red and violet flowers unless I kill it which I am very good at, my plant mortality rate (both indoor and outdoor) is very high.

Relaxing for a couple of hours now until I have to go to invigilate an exam this afternoon. Last week this week, must say I have enjoyed most of it, been some boring bits but most has been okay. Only downside is having to get up 6 in the morning to sort boys out etc. when I have a morning one. Normally I am awake at this time, but find on the days my alarm go off I could quite easily go back to sleep - sods law I suppose. 

Will be be back to normal next week, whatever that is, must say I will be glad although I will miss being called “Miss” and the interaction with those who I have got to know over the last few weeks. Looking forward to going back to my clubs and having a lie in, or pj day, if I want to. I can recommend retirement!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

So when you have a pj day, do you wear them to take the doggies out :Shock: ?

Some serious gardening today following the week in Scotland. Amazed how everything has grown in the past week!

My pals and I had a great time in the North Highlands. The rented house was perfect and next to a Loch full of trout. The modestly priced house included a boat and free fishing. We hired boats on other Lochs - Uragill, Cam and Veyattie and between us landed over 500 trout, mostly to the dry fly. The scenery is breathtaking up there. Apart from Monday the weather was quite good. It was impossible to launch the boats on Monday due to a gale but we manged a bit of Burn fishing. I was blown over 4 times, fortunately not blown into the Burn.

• Like 1

Margie, people FLY in their P.J's nowadays, so I'm sure they walk their dogs in them too!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 6/7/2019 at 7:43 PM, sue B 48 said:

They have a long holiday nonna our children only get 5 weeks even the little ones.

They do but it's not all holiday they have so much homework. They start at 8am until 1.30pm with 2 days finishing at 5pm. They have homework Every day for at least a couple of hours. They don't get many breaks like in UK they only have a few days.

On 6/7/2019 at 7:59 PM, LizzieM said:

I’ve always thought that long summer holidays are not a good idea and I know that the USA and many European countries have much longer summer breaks than the UK.  Our boys had longer than the norm, getting 8 weeks break in the summer, finishing at the beginning of July which was great if we were going abroad as the airlines didn’t put their prices up until later in July. However, the children forget how to concentrate on their studies when they’re away from school so long.  But our boys did have school on Saturdays which made weekends away impossible.  

Yes it is long but it's too hot in the summer to sit in a usually windowed classroom. Schools don't appreciate parents taking their children on holiday out of school time so it does give a wide range of dates to go away. Fortunately we are near the sea Andrew the mountains which are only a few hours away so at least can get away at weekends taking their homework with them. It's a shame that it seems as though children aren't allowed to be children.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

So when you have a pj day, do you wear them to take the doggies out

I can only have pj days on the days the boys aren’t going out, don’t want to scare the neighbours and wildlife we encounter!

When I worked in shop in Doncaster we regularly had customers coming in wearing pjs, even one male who wore them with his dressing gown. We even had one male who came in wearing a dog onesie complete with ears and tail, brightened a boring shift up:huh:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

I've got a onesie. My daughter bought it as a present some years ago. I think it was a joke. I've no idea what it is - I must take to the recycling centre, I'm sure people in Africa will wear it for tribal rituals!

I'm currently reading a book on the formation of the SAS during WW2, and it mentions Churchill wearing a purple velvet onesie garment, but with braces, whilst discussing tactics. So, what's good for him is..... Maybe not eh !

24 minutes ago, philmayfield said:

I've got a onesie. My daughter bought it as a present some years ago. I think it was a joke. I've no idea what it is - I must take to the recycling centre, I'm sure people in Africa will wear it for tribal rituals!

You could come to the meetup wearing it and sit in a dark corner, then we won't know it's you.  We'd just think it was one of the weird locals!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MargieH said:

We'd just think it was one of the weird locals!

Are you saying Wollaton people are weird Margie.:rolleyes:

Sue, I've only met 2 Wollaton people in person, as far as I know.  My Auntie Gwen lived on Pembury Road, but she died in 1966 and she wasn't weird.  The other Wollaton person I met was a lad I talked to as we were both up a tree in the Market Square watching the Forest team return after their 1959 victory.  We did go on one date after that but he wasn't really my type - he was posher than me!

• Like 1

Well I've lived in Wollaton twice, and I'm not weird ! I'm not am I ?

FLY, define 'weird' then I'll tell you!

Hmmm.... "Is Fly weird"....     hmmm....    pass....     I like a quiz got any questions on sport?        smile2

• Upvote 3

Ha, ha Margie. You're not catching me out like that ! 

• Upvote 1

I used to live in Wollaton in about three years time.

52 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Sue, I've only met 2 Wollaton people in person, as far as I know.  My Auntie Gwen lived on Pembury Road, but she died in 1966 and she wasn't weird.  The other Wollaton person I met was a lad I talked to as we were both up a tree in the Market Square watching the Forest team return after their 1959 victory.  We did go on one date after that but he wasn't really my type - he was posher than me!

Posher than you! You mean he was a member of the royal family?

• Like 1

Relentless downpours all night, pounding on the windows. Must catch up on some sleep today, before attempting to stake up my lupins, foxgloves and anything else that has succumbed to the storms. 

Global Warming....... That'll be the day !  Can't wait !

Looks more like global drowning round here! I'm glad I live on top of a hill. Some unfortunate folk will be flooded out with this volume of rain.

Same here. It's been like a torrent here. Parts of Hucknall Rd, and Valley Rd were flooded yesterday afternoon. Lord knows what they're like by now. 

8 hours ago, denshaw said:

I used to live in Wollaton in about three years time.

Den, you ARE weird.... unless you're one of the Doctor's companions!

• Like 1

I think the phrase 'global warming' has been dropped and has been substituted with 'climate change'. There are people employed to invent euphemisms to suit the current situation. Off to buy an electric car to see if that will save the world!

Not a cat in hells chance Phil. Save your money !

It was the subject of our discussion in the pub last night. Would you buy a used electric car? What about the cost of a new replacement battery. A journey into the unknown.