DJ360

How's your day?

I test drove a Mercedes yesterday with automatic self parking. It’s very clever but an extremely scary experience with your hands off!

• Like 1

Fathers Day cards from my three girls. Garden Centre vouchers,  Merlot, and choccy. Superb.

Just now, FLY2 said:

Fathers Day cards from my three girls. Garden Centre vouchers,  Merlot, and choccy. Superb.

One spoilt dad

• Upvote 1

Well ! I deserve it !  :rotfl:

NOT SOUR GRAPES BUT,  spare a thought for those of us who would've loved a card but for tragic circumstances. Anybody want to adopt a grandad.

• Like 5

And for those of us who would like to send a card.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

You can have my address anytime SG.  :Friends:

Both daughters, son in law and grandkids, took me and mrs Col out for a meal yesterday.  Joint celebration for Mrs Col's Birthday and Father's Day. And this morning... cards, and Merlot.  Very nice!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Father's Day is something we never observed in my family. Can't be sure but I don't think it was a custom in the UK when I was a child. Mothering Sunday was always observed and always referred to as just that, never Mother's Day. My father didn't appear to think he'd been deprived. He knew how much he was loved, although being an undemonstrative chap, he never mentioned it.  

• Upvote 2

As per my Dad's requested he has having some new brakes for Fathers Day. I'll be buying them and my highly skilled mechanic partner will fit them for free. Going to see him this afternoon and my lovely Mum is doing us a Sunday lunch. Doesn't get better!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My dad was extremely difficult to buy for and if asked what he wanted he would say not to bother. Best thing we got him for Father’s Day was a computer which he said he would never use. He was in his seventies at the time. We set it up for him, wrote out his instructions on how to use it and unleashed him on the internet. It opened up a whole new world for him and he loved it. He also discovered adventure games and spent many happy hours with my older brother getting stuck in boats and unable to find their way out of rooms! If he wasn’t in his shed he would be in the “computer room” set up in the small bedroom, gave my mum a chance to watch what she wanted on telly. Happy memories:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MelissaJKelly said:

As per my Dad's requested he has having some new brakes for Fathers Day. 

Send my regards to your dad....but as I'm sure I've mentioned before it makes me feel very old because I remember your dad as a very young boy (baby even) who lived in the house at the back of us on Clifton. ;)

I had a little soft toy. It's a deer with sticking plaster over its eyes. Daughter explained that when asked what i wanted I said" no idea". When she bought  it she was going to remove the eyes and it would then be a 'no eyed deer'. She didn't have the heart to take them out that's why she covered its eyes with sticking plaster.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Regarding parallel parking - I know one thing for sure. Parallel park perfectly first time, not a soul around to see it. Screw it up, and the world sees it!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, denshaw said:

If you remove the legs will it be "still no idea"?

Dunno, in fact I've no eyed deer... but it wouldn't have a leg to stand on..

I lost my Dad 6 years ago but today I rang my remaining (favourite) uncle  to wish him Happy Father’s Day.  I shall visit him on Wednesday with a card and gift as it’s his 92nd birthday.  He’s been so good to me all my life, I remember sitting on his shoulders as a little tot when he and my aunt took me into town on Saturday afternoons to give my Mum a break when my Dad was playing football.  They’ve looked after the kids and dogs when we’ve gone on holiday as my widowed Dad couldn’t have coped with it all on his own.  A lovely aunt and uncle who I am still able to cherish thankfully. 

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Brew said:

Dunno, in fact I've no eyed deer... but it wouldn't have a leg to stand on..

It's back to a case of arseing around again hey Brew ?:laughing:

• Like 1

These Deer gags are getting a bit lame... :rolleyes:

Don't blame me DJ., unfortunately I don't have a leg to stand on !!

• Like 1

A bit lame eh? well we could always buck the trend and find something else.

46 minutes ago, Brew said:

A bit lame eh? well we could always buck the trend and find something else.

Might be a dear move Brew, depends how much doe we have to spend. On the horns of a dilemma.  

• Like 1

My day , very hot , swimming and floating . Water is warm so going in again its 6.30 here

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, nonnaB said:

My day , very hot , swimming and floating . Water is warm so going in again its 6.30 here

Good on yer, keep chillin....

49 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Might be a dear move Brew, depends how much doe we have to spend. On the horns of a dilemma.  

Maybe we should hoof the whole topic?

• Upvote 1