DJ360

How's your day?

Try car parking Lizzie, leave the parallels to the others.  :yahoo:

You mean that flash car of yours hasn’t got “park assist”, Lizzie?

Me too Lizzie. We weren't taught it, and I have managed to keep it a secret.........................................Until Now.!

• Like 1

Been years since I had to parallel park, I'd have a job doing that now.

1 hour ago, Rob.L said:

You mean that flash car of yours hasn’t got “park assist”, Lizzie?

It might have Rob, I just drive it and only touch knobs I understand :Shock:   Don’t even know if I’ve got a CD player in the car and I’ve had it nearly 3 years! 

• Like 2

Oh Lord, I presume you haven't found the instruction book yet then Lizzie ? :rotfl:

Some of us learned how to do parallel parking by watching how Reginald Molehusband did it.

• Upvote 1

I now am going back to the 70s  leaving the UK to live in South Africa i was learning to drive, if you had passed your test in the UK your licence was OK to use. If not you had to take a S.A. test. Well my next door neighbour gave me a few  lesson in the SA test you first had  to do theory (remember this was way before we did it in the UK) then in your test reverse parking all so parallel parking which i think both are very much the same, any way i had to drive a Toyota truck with the gears on the steering wheel column change if i remember, after the lesson Quizzey  name of my neighbour his  shirt was wet though, as to practice the move he would always take me to lots of parked car,s with little space between them. He must have dreaded taken me for lessons.

Any way i never did pass my test in SA but came back and passed in UK. 

PS---- South Africa would accept your British licence but the UK would not accept the SA licence, so it would have been a waste of time me passing my test in SA. as for Quizzey well i think i must have taken 10 years off his life.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I test drove a Mercedes yesterday with automatic self parking. It’s very clever but an extremely scary experience with your hands off!

• Like 1

Fathers Day cards from my three girls. Garden Centre vouchers,  Merlot, and choccy. Superb.

Just now, FLY2 said:

Fathers Day cards from my three girls. Garden Centre vouchers,  Merlot, and choccy. Superb.

One spoilt dad

• Upvote 1

Well ! I deserve it !  :rotfl:

NOT SOUR GRAPES BUT,  spare a thought for those of us who would've loved a card but for tragic circumstances. Anybody want to adopt a grandad.

• Like 5

And for those of us who would like to send a card.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

You can have my address anytime SG.  :Friends:

Both daughters, son in law and grandkids, took me and mrs Col out for a meal yesterday.  Joint celebration for Mrs Col's Birthday and Father's Day. And this morning... cards, and Merlot.  Very nice!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Father's Day is something we never observed in my family. Can't be sure but I don't think it was a custom in the UK when I was a child. Mothering Sunday was always observed and always referred to as just that, never Mother's Day. My father didn't appear to think he'd been deprived. He knew how much he was loved, although being an undemonstrative chap, he never mentioned it.  

• Upvote 2

As per my Dad's requested he has having some new brakes for Fathers Day. I'll be buying them and my highly skilled mechanic partner will fit them for free. Going to see him this afternoon and my lovely Mum is doing us a Sunday lunch. Doesn't get better!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

My dad was extremely difficult to buy for and if asked what he wanted he would say not to bother. Best thing we got him for Father’s Day was a computer which he said he would never use. He was in his seventies at the time. We set it up for him, wrote out his instructions on how to use it and unleashed him on the internet. It opened up a whole new world for him and he loved it. He also discovered adventure games and spent many happy hours with my older brother getting stuck in boats and unable to find their way out of rooms! If he wasn’t in his shed he would be in the “computer room” set up in the small bedroom, gave my mum a chance to watch what she wanted on telly. Happy memories:rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, MelissaJKelly said:

As per my Dad's requested he has having some new brakes for Fathers Day. 

Send my regards to your dad....but as I'm sure I've mentioned before it makes me feel very old because I remember your dad as a very young boy (baby even) who lived in the house at the back of us on Clifton. ;)

I had a little soft toy. It's a deer with sticking plaster over its eyes. Daughter explained that when asked what i wanted I said" no idea". When she bought  it she was going to remove the eyes and it would then be a 'no eyed deer'. She didn't have the heart to take them out that's why she covered its eyes with sticking plaster.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

If you remove the legs will it be "still no idea"?

• Like 3

Regarding parallel parking - I know one thing for sure. Parallel park perfectly first time, not a soul around to see it. Screw it up, and the world sees it!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, denshaw said:

If you remove the legs will it be "still no idea"?

Dunno, in fact I've no eyed deer... but it wouldn't have a leg to stand on..