DJ360

How's your day?

59 minutes ago, denshaw said:

It's my wedding anniversary, one year today. Off to Kraków for a few days.

Congrats and many more of them...   :clapping:

• Like 2

Happy anniversary, enjoy your second honeymoon

• Like 1

Had a lovely day today at the ‘Shaping A Generation’ exhibition at the New Walk Museum and Art Gallery in Leicester.  It details the 60s Mod scene in Leicester and Nottingham.   Really great exhibition with scooters, (including the iconic Vespa from Quadrophenia) clothes and photos of those great times 50+ years ago.  Had a lovely chat with Nottingham’s Alan Fletcher who wrote the book ‘Quadrophenia’ and was the story consultant for the film.  So much to see, I hardly touched the surface and would love to go over there again but time’s running out, the exhibition closes at the weekend.  Alan did say that the exhibition may be brought to Nottingham, I really hope so because so many of the Nottingham Mods are featured, at least two Nottstalgians too!  

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

@ LizzieM   Was never a Mod, or a Rocker either Lizzie, but I'd have loved to see that.  It's all of our younger days..

Meanwhile, in 'Itch City' and even though I'm not convinced by the very confusing and inconsistent blood test results, I've chucked a spotless old bed and mattress into the garage awaiting 'bulky rubbish' collection. I'm about 70% through redecorating the bedroom, after which I'll steam clean a perfectly good carpet. and chuck out duvets and months old pillows.

Sadly, my 'cutting in' skills with a paint brush seem to have deserted me and I'm going to have to have another go at the 'ceiling/wall interface' tomorrow after purchasing an angled, or 'sash' brush.

Why is everything so bloody difficult these days?  :blink:

• Like 1

On 6/23/2019 at 6:09 PM, denshaw said:

It's my wedding anniversary, one year today. Off to Kraków for a few days.

Hi denshaw enjoy your 1st Wedding anniversary  and many more,

• Like 1

well it was ok till i came across member's who i think are Male Chauvinist.  Get into the real world boy's

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DJ360 said:

'cutting in'

I have old kitchen cabinet bolted up in garage for all my decorating gear, but I keep my trusted "Dulux Perfect Edges 1.5 Triangle Brush" in my cabinet next to my bed for safe keeping, might cost a few bob more than others, thank me later.

You should be Googling the credentials of your quack DJ I think he may be the cause of your itch? I would have sacked him off months ago. 

• Like 1

fullsizeoutput-31f.jpg

Not today but yesterday, 27c  in my kitchen. Not looking forward to the next few days unless its windows , doors and shutters closed.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, mary1947 said:

well it was ok till i came across member's who i think are Male Chauvinist.  Get into the real world boy's

I don't think you need the plural there Mary. Only one person I could see made a chauvinist comment. And it wasn't me.

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

I have old kitchen cabinet bolted up in garage for all my decorating gear, but I keep my trusted "Dulux Perfect Edges 1.5 Triangle Brush" in my cabinet next to my bed for safe keeping, might cost a few bob more than others, thank me later.

Well I've just bought one.  Whether you get my thanks for encouraging me to spend about seven quid on it depends whether it works....  :P

7 hours ago, radfordred said:

You should be Googling the credentials of your quack DJ I think he may be the cause of your itch? I would have sacked him off months ago. 

And my Doc is fine thanks.  I'm much improved but been referred to Dermatology anyway.

Open it gently & return back when clean to the packaging it came in, last you for years. 

Well that’s a new one ....... just had a random phone call from Pakistan asking for £200 to pay a hospital bill.  Told the bloke I hadn’t got any money and don’t phone again.  2 minutes later he rang again, , begging for help so I told him the Police are monitoring my phone line, he hasn’t phoned again.    Hope he gets the money he needs!!  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, radfordred said:

Open it gently & return back when clean to the packaging it came in, last you for years. 

Already tried it.  With emulsion, it's marginally better than a plain brush, but I got on better with a simple 1" harris 'angled' brush, basically a 'sash' brush. I'm sure I'l find a use for the Triangle brush

Walls done all around and the cutting in is as good as it's going to be.  About to do a second coat all around then glosswork tomorrow.  This job has gone on too long.

1 hour ago, LizzieM said:

Well that’s a new one ....... just had a random phone call from Pakistan asking for £200 to pay a hospital bill.  Told the bloke I hadn’t got any money and don’t phone again.  2 minutes later he rang again, , begging for help so I told him the Police are monitoring my phone line, he hasn’t phoned again.    Hope he gets the money he needs!!  

I had another of those calls from a young lady with a very English name and a strong Indian Sub Continent type accent the other day.  She said she was from the Technical Department of my internet provider. (Didn't say which one) and then asked me how my internet was today.

I usually just hang up, but this time I asked . "How do you know I have an internet connection?"

She did the hanging up for me....  :)

Re nuisance calls. We had some furniture delivered recently, and left madams mobile number with the firm to arrange delivery. 

Since then, she's had 23 calls in the last fortnight from Harrogate, Huddersfield, Leeds, Sheffield, Chester, Stoke and Uttoxeter, and blocked them all. I thought it was now illegal to sell on customers details to a third party.

3 hours ago, FLY2 said:

I thought it was now illegal to sell on customers details to a third party.

So did I but it seems it's universally ignored or the profits they make far exceed the fines they get. I'm always  surprised at how easily these people lie.

I challenged one recently and he quite blatantly said there is no check on your statement so a white lie can make me a thousand  pounds and if  I don't claim it the other party will. Being the good soul he is he would rather I as the innocent party had it and not the other guy.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, DJ360 said:

I don't think you need the plural there Mary. Only one person I could see made a chauvinist comment. And it wasn't me.

ok

compusmashjust seeing if you was awake

• Like 1

Well we are now in the 40's not 1940's but temperature wise, tomorrow is going to reach 41.c  Its unbearable. Even swimming doesnt give any relief, the water temperature is 32 c.I've had the windows and doors closed, blinds down and shutters closed, lights on. The poor dogs have to relieve themselves then they want to lounge in the heat but I have to bring them in otherwise its roasted chihuahuas and bbqed pinscher.I feel sorry for my daughter and husband in their kitchens having to cook . On top of that there was a burst water pipe and the whole of the village was without water. Bars couldnt serve coffees etc. fortunately restaurants were able to work as the water came back on just before lunch. My daughter saw the burst pipe last night and she got organised by filling all the pots and pans she could find and only served cool meals. ( Who wants a hot meal in this heat) Roll on autumn and winter.:wacko:

8.30 pm now just had a walk outside , its a bit cooler but not so much. Stood watching about 10-12 swifts swooping down to drink water, they miss and then circle round again for the next dip, theyre not the only ones I've just netted a cupful of wasps from the surface, only hope theyve got their nest a long way from us.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Well done the England Ladies football team, through to the semi finals.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Yes Den, a fantastic result against a reasonable team. Well done girls ! englandflag

Do they subscribe to Nottstalgians as well then Fly ???

Today I went to the NorthWest Hi Fi Show at Cranage Hall in Cheshire.   

It's a smaller and more 'intimate' show than the big one in Bristol. Very friendly and relaxed. Always bump into some old friends and acquaintances from both the 'punter' side and the industry side. Today we kept bumping into Dean, who is a science teacher from Sheffield, but also something of a legend in hi fi and music circles, due to his encyclopaedic knowledge of all things R&B, Motown, Soul, Reggae, etc. A good bloke.

I'm not looking to buy any kit, as I'm happy with my present system, but it's good to see what's happening and a general all around good day out.

Free entry as always, but this year we were greeted with free glasses of Prosecco, (Which even I declined at 10:30 a.m.) and fresh orange juice.  Nice touch.

My only purchase was Jennifer Warnes' latest album.. on vinyl.. Her first since 'The Well' in 2001, which had its good points, but in comparison to her previous two epic albums, 'Famous Blue Raincoat' in 1986, and 'The Hunter' in 1991, was a bit of a disappointment.

charles_donovan_review.jpg

"Love this record, superb musicians and studio sound. Jen's vocals are sublime, and the choice of songs is meaningful in a way most cover versions aren't. Love it from start to finish."

–Amazon reviewer

“Some vocalists turn everything they sing into pure audio gold. One such vocalist is Jennifer Warnes, who brings originality, style, and grace to everything her voice touches.”

–Sound & Vision

Jennifer Warnes is one of those special artists who quietly produce landmark works, which enter the canon of great music almost unnoticed.

Putting shelves up

Plumbing in washing machine connecting televisions,

Mending wardrobes

And much more,,thank the lord for my sons,especially son in law,,all the above or even any,,i could not have managed,, 

So slowly settling in our new home,,felt drained just watching em,,but made myself useful getting to know our new neighbours,, Kate one side and Margie the other,,seem lovely ladies,about my age,,:-) 

• Like 4