DJ360

How's your day?

Glad to know there's another two dog man on here, Woody.  :). Hope you'll soon be able to settle 'em down.

Well what a day, took SWMBO to the club at lunch time, bright sun and very little wind gave us the opportunity to sit outside and watch the world go by.

• Like 1

Well yesterday.. (Sunday) I did bugger all..  And I thoroughly enjoyed it.

10 hours ago, NewBasfordlad said:

Well what a day, took SWMBO to the club at lunch time, bright sun and very little wind gave us the opportunity to sit outside and watch the world go by.

The Stadium?

Good frost out here this morning,getting the trike out in a bit for a ride to the doctors for me tablets then a short-ish 15 mile ride the long way back home, if theres still some frost on the cycle/foot path when I get out I might be able to do a bit of "drifting" on the trike, whoopee

Rog

If it was within my power to do so Mike I certainly would, then breakfast in Bulwell Wethers, lunch at Eptons Skeggy finishing off with tea at Gannets in Newark

Rog

• Like 1

Wait until you are retired Melissa then every day is a day off.

Forest match sounded amazing. Was listeing on the wireless !

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, plantfit said:
1 hour ago, plantfit said:

breakfast in Bulwell Wethers, lunch at Eptons Skeggy finishing off with tea at Gannets in Newark

Do our Catfan more good than a load of drugs.....and don't forget a few Hobgoblins!  

• Like 3

I'm having a couple of days off too. Car has gone in for service this morning and there's plenty to do getting the bathroom ready for work starting in 2 weeks' time. As per NBL's advice, I'm having a new Baxi boiler with filter and a completely new bathroom. I'll be glad when it's done cos the house is full of boxes of tiles!

• Like 2

Looking at glorious sunshine as I take in more caffeine. Beautiful, but a frosty start, as madam had to scrape her car at 6.45. this morning..... Me ? I returned to bed with a coffee and my woolly socks on !

• Like 1

Jill i am at a loose end today.........do you want me to pop up and fix your ''Baxi boiler'' (whatever that is).........and grout ya Tiles ?

• Like 1

Back from me trike ride,managed to do a drift on it round one of the bends on the cycle/foot path, still wearing me shorts with just a light shower proof jacket on and a pair of "thinsulate" cycle gloves,really warm in the sun and I had me sun glasses on,home now,kettle on and getting ready to make me sausage sandwich, Have a great day everyone but please spare a thought for our homeless now it's getting colder

Rog

Er, well yes, I occasionally purchase a small bag of dog biscuits and give it to people who sit begging, as their animals need looking after too. Also, it can't be spent on drink, drugs or fags .

• Like 2

Good on yer, FLY! I'm putting hedgehog/Fox food out at night. Got to keep the poor little beggars fed and watered.

• Upvote 1

I currently put out dog biscuits, peanuts, hedgehog nibbles, and any concocted of burnt toast, stale fruit cake, pizza crusts etc.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

Jill i am at a loose end today.........do you want me to pop up and fix your ''Baxi boiler'' (whatever that is).........and grout ya Tiles ?

Thanks Ben but I think you have to be Gas Safe registered! I'm sure you can find something useful to do with your loose end! From what you've told us, you wrote the book on it! smile2

• Like 1

Can't fault you fly,it's not the dogs fault and they need looking after as well but for genuine homeless I feel for them but,no one was born homeless on the streets of this great country of ours,earlier this year when my world was turned upside down I didn't know which way to turn and could have easily ended up homeless (at the time I didn't know what to do and who to ask and feared the worse) for me things turned out ok for which I'm grateful,

I know a lot of these "homeless" aren't genuine but some are, last week Mrs P bought a "homeless" person a cup of coffee and gave it to him,he said "I don't drink tea I prefere the money" I would have poured it away but Mrs P just said "it's coffee" and left it with him, I never give them money but a hot sausage roll and a cup of hot chocolate don't hurt ,it's on their conscience if they aren't genuine,

Rog

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

My mum was the sort of person who would help anyone. She had a kind of sixth sense which told her who was genuine and who wasn't. She was never wrong!

A little help is worth a deal of pity, she'd say but she also maintained that God helps those who help themselves! Woe betide anyone who took advantage!

She never failed to tell me every time I had a moan about something trivial: "Count your blessings!" As ever, she was right. I've got absolutely nothing to grouse about.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Like the middle sentence Jill. I ALWAYS maintain that life is what you make it. Dad always said 'You only get out of life what you put into it . So true ! I still try and adhere to that statement.

Yes Rog, glad things turned out fine for you. I have lived the ultimate highs, and suffered the most despairing of lows. All due to my own stupidity I might add, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Certainly no complaints. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Watch out Jill.  He only wants to show of his Liberty bodice and I wouldn't lerrim change a lightbulb.   :biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Preached yesterday p.m.  I thought for a light opener I'd ask 'em how many had heard of Guy Fawkes.  How many had heard about Bonfire night.  I think about two hands went up.  So I told 'em they were a bunch of colonials and needed to learn their history.  :biggrin:   After all most of 'em came from England at some point.  So there is now a bunch of Georgians who know their history.  After all if GF had succeeded, America's history might have been different too.  We did get into the Bible eventually, but hopefully they learned summat.  ;).  We were never really taught much of the history underlying the event when we were in school.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2