DJ360

How's your day?

4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

It has been nice to keep reading your posts.  It's been nice on here just lately. 

I'm pretty certain you aren't alone with that sentiment Loppy !

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

We have just spent 10 days on Holy Island so peaceful and quiet, I can recommend a visit if you need to recharge your batteries. To all of you feeling unwell I hope your feeling better soon,  to the rest of you who are fit make sure you stay that way.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

6 hours ago, FLY2 said:

It keeps you fit, and mentally alert Lizzie, that's for sure.

Not sure whether you’re right there FLY, this chap is so incredibly intelligent that most things he talks about go right over my head.  Last evening he was trying to educate me about a lady called Mrs Humphry Ward, a best-selling British novelist in the early 1900s.  The conversation came about when we were discussing the area I lived in before moving back to Nottingham 15 years ago.  This lady lived at Stocks in Aldbury, Hertfordshire, a village not far from our old home.   Many years later Victor Lownes of the Playboy empire lived in the house with a few of his playmates!  He was filling my tiny brain with so many facts, I think he said Mrs Humphrey Ward was a big player in the suffragette movement.  I’ve needed a quiet day today!  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

It's nowt to do wi owt , but just bin informed I've become a great uncle again ! My nephew and his partner have just had their second daughter today. They are a Notts couple, living in Bunny. So  er' indoors and I have another connection to Nottingham. Made our day, so there !!  :jumping:

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

After all the upheaval of moving,,wifes decided to go away for a few days and recuperate,, which leaves me with a dilemma,, 

Do i go in town on the pull or invite one of my new lady neighbours round to entertain?  Suggestions welcome,,

The first option, well, you don't know what you're getting, and the second option, well those that don't get an invite may get jealous and snitch.

Forget it Ben. Stick with your books and CD's ! 

• Like 1

Take the third option Ben and stick to Nottstalgia, trust me it's a lot safer.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, denshaw said:

Take the third option Ben and stick to Nottstalgia, trust me it's a lot safer.

Or the fourth option...but it's too late now.

Organise a 'Flash mob" Nottstalgia meet-up somewhere nearby. When does she get back ?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Yeah ! Party at Bens ! :rotfl:

Honestly don't know when she's back,,she likes to surprise me,,

Yes Phil, there as well, lol

Nah ! It's a kind of pasta without pesto. But plenty of Parmezano.  :hungr:

Yes Phil., but I do have it with curry sauce and black pudding.

Stay home Ben !!!!!

• Like 2

Just arrived home from going to the Lea Salonga concert... we left at the interval

That good Worrit Brew ?? Bet ya never bought an ice cream either.

Not at those prices BK..

18 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Do i go in town on the pull or invite one of my new lady neighbours round to entertain?  Suggestions welcome,,

Thanks for all your suggestions for last night,, in the end fell asleep mulling them over,,  so did nowt. Lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

With great trepidation I decided to venture into my conservatory this morning, haven’t been in since my confrontation with my “beast”, it has been securely locked since then. I armed myself with my hoover and my trusty brush. Felt a bit like Clint Eastwood in the spaghetti movies when he confronts the bad guy, throwing his poncho over his shoulder so he can get to his gun or perhaps Dirty Harry might have been better with his big gun! 

Had a good look through the patio doors before venturing in, very carefully opening the door and put my hoover in. Waited a bit and then stepped in protected by my brush. Moved away from the patio doors where he dashed under after last time in case he jumped out and got my leg. Hit the plastic lip a few times with my brush to see if he emerged, nothing happened.

Feeling a bit braver I swept under the blinds and then put hoover on. The air was electric, would he emerge in fighting mode or just skulk in his hiding place?

Finished hoovering, victory I thought. I was adjusting one of the blinds when one of my boys wandered into the room unbeknown to me and touched me on the leg with his nose. After I climbed down from the ceiling I beat a hasty retreat back to the safety of my kitchen.

Perhaps he has moved on having had his fun with me or perhaps he could not stand having to deal with a mad woman hitting him with a brush and screaming?

• Like 4

I just love the description of your saga, I don't know if I want you to find "the Beast" or to read more tales of this Quest. Best of luck.