DJ360

How's your day?

Sorry about that,,but well worth repeating,,lol

My daughter has had a beautiful Daughter this morning,,

• Like 9

Its on twice Ben, does that mean it's  twins ? Any road, congratulations grandad !

• Like 1

When she's old enough to listen to her grandad's exploits, she won't believe it!  Make sure you show her the photos of that cheeky young lad with the pretty face and cheekbones!

• Like 1

Congratulations ben, a beautiful Granddaughter how lovely.  

• Like 2

We all say it, congratulations and well done, dunno why, your daughter did all the hard work!  :P Any way congrats Grandad and a well done to daughter bless her...

• Like 1

Ben, congratulations on your latest grandchild.   How many grandchildren/great grandchildren do you have now?   We only have six grandchildren ranging from age 22 down to 8.   

Been looking after the next to youngest today as she was sick after her breakfast so couldn't go to school,  but she's been bright as a button since.  We've watched several episodes of some American rubbish that she likes on TV, played dominoes, rummy and knockout whist, had a lot of banter (she's very funny) and did some drawing.   She also read her book for half an hour "Danny, Champion of the World" by Roald Dahl.  I remember her dad reading that one when he was little..

• Like 2

Me, im still looking for someone to adopt a grandad. Good as new and never bin used.

• Like 2

There are sites and organisations that arrange surrogate grandparents BK though I do realise it may a bit sensitive for you..

I might be a bit too old for an adoption society dont you think? When Tina and I  last went to Disneyland Paris, we always made sure we stood in a queue next to some little kids, then it Didn't  look too bad, a couple of old f..ts waiting to go on Peter Pan.

In this day and age I really wouldn't recommend doing that...    Age UK, netmums, gransnet..depends how serious you are..

Would've considered it twenty years ago Brew, but too old in the tooth now.

Been worried a couple of weeks,,Doctor sent me for tests.........Last saturday was down the throat  all ok,,,,back at Kings Mill today for tests ''Up the jacksie'''  relieved to say all ok............today was '''Uncomfortable'' to say the least......but they said i was very brave,,,even made me a strong coffee after,,

Thanks again NHS............

Edit,, looked out for you Jill,,,would have bought you and friend a coffee.................

• Like 1

Did they offer you a fag Ben? And maybe a cup of tea and a biscuit !:yahoo:

• Like 1

Could have murdered one BK,(fag),,,Was pleasantly surprised when Nurse offered Coffee,,,and she made it just right,,,2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk,,,went down a treat,,not had any all day or food.......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk

Good grief Ben - do you drink it or paint the fence with it?  …   :P 

Hope the results come back OK..

• Like 2

Results were good Brew,,,,thanks for asking,,,they tend to tell you on the day now,,,as well as watching the whole procedure on screen,,,

:blink:

Not an instant man meself, since i bought a coffee machine, I  like to chew my coffee. Glad all went well for you Ben.

Can I  ask, is that cheeky smile on your Avatar you?

Avatar not me BK.........But 60 years ago looked very similar,,,,

Thanks for your prompt reply.thumbsup.

For years I’ve been drinking ‘proper’ coffee, grinding the beans and brewing it in a cafetière in the traditional manner. Recently, after having seen a commercial on TV, I tried Taylor’s of Harrogate coffee bags. It’s proper roast coffee in a bag, hermetically sealed in foil. I must admit it does taste genuine and it cuts out all the faff and disposal of the grounds down the sink. I like the ‘Rich Italian’ strength 4. I think I’m going to drag myself into the 21st. Century! I do have a fancy espresso machine but it sits on the shelf with all the other gadgets that seemed like a good idea at the time! 

1 hour ago, benjamin1945 said:

Could have murdered one BK,(fag),,,Was pleasantly surprised when Nurse offered Coffee,,,and she made it just right,,,2 spoons nescafe in tiny cup,,no sugar or milk,,,went down a treat,,not had any all day or food.......

I bet you chatted her up as well, eh?

• Like 1

After getting my good news i loved everyone in the room,,,and told em so.....:rolleyes:

• Like 3

So your old habits live to fight another day ;)

As long as you keep appearing here, we know everything's all right.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

looked out for you Jill,,,would have bought you and friend a coffee........

Looked out for you too Ben. 7.45 drop off in day case unit,next door along from endoscopy. Thought of you. Trip round Morrison's. Didn't lift anything!

3PM pick up. Have you tried one of those go backwards wheelchairs? They're a nightmare in the car park!

Would have loved a coffee!  He's in quite a lot of pain tonight and has just had 2 paracetamol! His first in over 40 years. Not a tablet taker. 

Glad today's over and thrilled to hear your news, Ben!

• Like 2