DJ360

How's your day?

Everyone gone to the Moon ?

• Like 1

Its just you and me Ben, every one is out and about in the sun, always the same Bestwood Boys stay till the end or they may have other reasons.

Yes trogg,,,finished up with many a lovely 'Wallflower''...............fancy town tonight ?      Whistle stop '' ?

Been like this for a couple or three days.... I was wondering what was going on! (Or more correctly, why was NOTHING going on!!)

Whistle stop"" margie? Or do you fancy "slow dancing" at Bodega? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Been around and about looking at old things.

Last Saturday I went up St Mary's Church and took photos.

Midweek went to Nottm University Kings Meadow site (the old Central TV) for a look at their manuscripts/library section.

Today had a look around Peoples Hall on Heathcoat Street.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Cliff Ton said:

Been around and about looking at old things.

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up!  

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date,  we'd be pleased to meet individuals on another day as well.....

• Like 3

Jill, probably never... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

.fancy town tonight ?

My mind is on the starting blocks raring to go, my body has other ideas and has won the argument.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MargieH said:

Jill, probably never... 

That's very reassuring. Nice to know there are some constants in life!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MargieH said:

You'll have more opportunity for that at the meet up!  

I presume it's still on - we are coming to Nottingham for FOUR nights/five days, so hope we'll see several 'old things' while we're there..... if anyone can't make the arranged date,  we'd be pleased to meet individuals on another day as well.....

What date has been decided on then Margie? I'm  hoping for December 11th as one. B.

Bit of a change of pace. Maybe this should be Beekays paintings, but it seems more people follow this thread.

My sister in law absolutely loved her bath tub and watering can. Now I'm at a loss with nowt to paint. But, ! I'm  on the lookout for a milk churn, preferably  with a lid. So I'm  appealing to NS gang to keep an eye out for me. Needs to be paintable and not too expensive. Any help will greatly appreciated. Barrie.

Plumber came today to fit a new shower tray the old one cracked, told the wife it must be her weight as she is happy as she is putting on weight now 8 stone 2oz. He took the old tray out and had to have a new floor as the old one had rotted . Now I have to sit and  watch Corrie and its on for an hour tonight and I had been warned not to make any stupid comments. For anyone who is interested and gets up at silly oclock in the night on one of the Sky channels there is old episodes of Corrie , I didn't watch any so I cannot tell you from what period they are  from.

Way too expensive Phil. But thanks for your reply. B.

Beekay I have just looked on Ebay and there are numerous milk churns for sale, all shapes and sizes and various prices. In the search box type  "milk churns" and they all by digital magic appear.

• Like 1

Got a ticket for driving down a bus lane next to Midland station. I would have thought that given the huge confusion regarding the traffic closures with the demolition of the BM centre they would have given some leeway but no, as usual, a Council money making scheme.

Once into that system there is no way you can go but to take the bus lane. £60. The stewards of the bar. 

I was away for a few days in Dorset last month. I parked on a very narrow street. It is unusual in that the road way is very narrow but a very wide pavement. I followed every other vehicle parked there (mainly local shop owners) and parked with 2 wheels a foot onto the pavement to make the road way passable. I was the only car that got a ticket. I photographed the other cars and the local bin lorry that happened to be passing and was having to mount the opposite side pavement to pass and appealed the ticket by email that morning. I got a reply within 24 hours squashing the ticket and saying don’t do it again.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Beekay, yesterday I made enquiries, on your behalf, about a milk churn in my sister-in-law’s garden which is not too far from you, in Handcross.  They apparently have four, although I only saw one which was a bit rusty.  Shall I push for an answer?  

• Like 2

Thank you Lizzie, for your reply. If you could make a tentative enquiry I  would be most grateful. My sister in law said she saw one on ebay. The vendor was in Weymouth, said she'd  being going down there in about 3 weeks and wondered whether she should pay up front and ask if they could hang onto it til she got there. It sold for £92.which was way beyond  her reach. Will wait til I  hear from you.x

• Upvote 1

Beekay - wish you lived closer. I have a lot of interesting stuff that would suit your skills. Vintage cider presses, scratters, barrels, wooden funnels, apple rakes etc. I also have various hobbing irons, flat irons, door weights, an iron traverse and a lovely little vintage push mower. You could come here for a months holiday and have plenty to do :biggrin:

ps - the cast iron pump on the well needs an artistic touch too :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

You'll  have to pm a couple of pictures PP,  so I  can appraise them, (if that's  the right word). I have done flat irons and hobbing irons. Even did a school mop bucket ! complete withe painted mop. Painted the handle and even dyed the head to match (both new, of course). At my first school, the kids used to say, "don't  stand still or Mr King will paint flowers on yer shoes !".

• Like 3