DJ360

How's your day?

My admiration goes to all but especially Paul and Trogg, for 'keeping on keeping on..'  As for boredom though.  I'm never bored.  I'm usually happy enough with my own company and if I have nothing physical to do I can be happy listening to music or whatever.  I try to achieve one useful thing every day.  Might be as small as tidying summat up, or cutting the grass, or whatever.  The rest of the time I potter, or go for a short walk, or whatever. Incidentally I'm seeing the Doc tomorrow about why my legs seem to be failing me.  Still awaiting tests for the other stuff.

And Trogg.. I've not forgotten about trying to get a trip to Henry Whipple for a look around.  That would be fab.  If I can sort it, I'll pick you up etc.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 16 September 2019 at 10:19 AM, trogg said:

I have decided to call it a day.

That quote really upset me, I'm coming with Phil we'll get that bleddy grass cut & I'm also a dab hand at deep digging, chin up youth X 

• Like 5

Yes trogg and I'm coming as well,, to sit with you on your Patio to watch em,,

• Like 4

That makes five of us will be there to tell RR where he's going wrong and how it should be done!

Grass cutting by committee, what can possibly go wrong?    thumbsup

Maybe we could organise bus trips to view. A bit like the National Trust.

Or better still, a meet up in the garden. Perhaps Trogg could do tea and scones.

On 9/16/2019 at 12:15 PM, philmayfield said:

Even though I’ve been retired for many years I still miss not going to work everyday. I loved the stress and the hassle and the problem solving. I’ve got plenty to do round here but I can just please myself when I do it. There’s no real motivation other than the pursuit of happiness and I’m not very good at that!

I missed business too Phil, even though I had lots to do with cycling, fishing and renovating a cottage. Anyway, to keep my mind active I started a Ltd company on my 80th birthday last year. I'm really enjoying the R&D work and preparing to get products ready to sell. Only a tiny business but who knows? :biggrin:

• Like 3

Wots R and D work PP?

Thanks for the offers but I have been informed that I am now banned from the lawn mower and my son who lives 200yds away will be doing it, in return my wife will be doing his washing and ironing. Its a sign of the times once I used to be able to do things and make decisions now I am just an onlooker.

PS several years ago my trusty strimmer broke, it was years old so I purchased the  best I could all gadgets on it so the plants wouldn't be damaged , rollers to keep the cut straight, levers all over to adjust height and cutting angles it was the bees knees, only one problem it was too heavy for my back. As the wife has just said you done it again you daft old sod. I hate it when she is right.

Thank you Lizzie darlin, but what does one research and develop in the autumn of ones life?

Did think it might be rythm and dance.;)

You’ll have to ask PP Barrie but I have a suspicion it’s something to do with fly-fishing, I do take note when he lets me in on his ideas ........ 

• Like 1

I've  twigged it. His real name is J.R. Hartley, and he wrote a book on fly fishing, but can't  find a copy anywhere!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, trogg said:

once I used to be able to do things and make decisions now I am just an onlooker.

Stop beating yourself up, Trogg. You've done your share, now sit back and enjoy a rest. You've earned it. :rolleyes:

Sorry Trogg for all the problems you've had and are having. Despite all the problems that have come my way ( uninvited) it makes mine seem like a common headache. It very difficult when you've been used to doing everything yourself then having to force yourself to hang back. It's then that you look back and think what have I done to deserve it. I can think of loads of things that on looking back , I shouldn't have done. Sit back even for a while and have another coffee.

• Like 6

Hey Trogg - we may lose our physical ability but if we have respect from others and retain out self esteem who cares?

Last week I really struggled to keep up with the rest of our fishing group in the Highlands. Thought I may need helicoptering in at one stage. Just kept falling down trying to circumnavigate a wild Loch in a gale....but I (hopefully) retained respect for trying in spite of being a bit silly taking it on. 

Think it's safe to say that you have a lot of respect on here :cool:

• Like 4

Beekay - Lizzie is correct. I am developing a style of fly fishing that requires a special rod and other bits and bobs. Was out on Blithfield Reservoir today doing more testing :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Often wondered what bait you would use to fish for flys. :( must be tiny hooks and rod too. What do you do when you've  caught a fly? Does one stuff it and put it in a glass case or photograph it and put it back?

It's  tongue in cheek, before anybody extracts the urine !

• Like 2

Beekay - I have caught my flies, my ears, my head, hat and most other items of clothing. My boat partner caught my nostril last season - I was at his mercy like a bull to market.

• Like 1

Just goes to show PP, fishing should be listed among the dangerous sports. Maybe you should take up something safe, like swimming with sharks or bungy jumping.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IAN123. said:

Sun, Never Say Die up loud, good coffee.

?????????????