DJ360

How's your day?

SG, make sure they cement between the slabs, as this will prevent the weeds from protruding through. Also, it will ensure that you get no ants crawling between the gaps. Best of luck.

On the subject of lavender, it grown on an industrial scale here. What most of the growers do is take cuttings of their better, more vigorous, plants, and grow them on to replace the old woody plants with the new ones. The old plants are burned. The timescale of this varies but often every three years or so.

More forward looking growers use cell culture methods of propagation - this method avoids the transmission of diseases from the old plants.

• Like 1

Went to London and back on Saturday for a dental check up. "You are not cleaning properly, I see lots of plaque" she said, so today I've bought a dental irrigator.

OK, so far so good, filled it with warm water after charging it up and gave it a go.

It's how I imagine being shot in the gob would be! Herself was in hysterics at my antics trying to control the damn thing - until I took it out of my mouth and shot her and number one grandson in the face. The bathroom needed a mop and I've decided it should be used in the shower only, there's too much collateral damage otherwise.

I have to say though the amount of crap it removes even after a conventional brush is surprising.

I think I'd sooner live with a toothbrush.  Sounds like that thing might remove your teeth.  :Shock:

BTW.  London is a long way to go for a check.  No good dentists nearby?   ;)

It's quite a beast and comes with attachments for cleaning your tongue, a cone shaped gizmo for cleaning up your nose, (not gonna happen!) fine jet for braces. and other bits and pieces. I expected it to have a charger that plugged into the shaver socket but it has a USB and a diagram showing it being charged by connecting to a laptop or phone! 

Damn clever these Chinese

Show us a picture Brew, sounds like an interesting bit of torture equipment.

I bought a Waterpik years ago Brew, used it twice and it was a struggle, I got wet through.   It then was put in a cupboard and about a year ago I put it into the bin.  That one did work off a shaver socket btw.  

I were right Brew, good job they didn't  know about waterpiks during the Spanish inquisition !

Crikey, what a day it’s been so far and we’re only half way through it.  

For 15 years we’ve had an awkward, cantankerous, but well-educated, bachelor living opposite us.  We’ve helped him out when necessary but have tended to keep him at arm’s length as we didn’t want him relying on us too much.  In recent years he’s trusted me with his debit card to get cash from the ATM and do bits of shopping, with the rest of his food being delivered by The Cheese Shop in Flying Horse Arcade.  This arrangement has suited me fine as I spent several years caring for my Dad and didn’t want or need to take on another old man.  

Last week I had to dress a wound where he’d fallen and the next day arrange a locksmith because he’d been out in a taxi and lost his key ...... nobody else has been trusted with a key and it’s like Fort Knox. 

In the past 2 or 3 days we’ve noticed that his lights weren’t on so yesterday tried his door. No answer and we could see his key was in the lock, inside.  This morning my husband got step ladders out and managed to get into his back garden and saw him lying dead on his kitchen floor, naked!  There was no way I needed to see that.

I rang the Police who arrived quickly, with a Paramedic. They forced the front door open and since then Lymns have been and taken the body away.  While all this was happening I rang his nephew down south (I’ve spoken to him several times before to inform him of admission to hospital etc but have never met him)

He thanked me for letting him know and said he would come up later today “because he’ll need to find his uncle’s Will and other paperwork”   

I make no further comment!!

• Upvote 1

Where there's a will there's usually a relative holding their hand out..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

True here I reckon.  He’s got 4 nieces and nephews, only one ever visits him and that is about every 2 or 3 months.  I hope he leaves it all to the local Cat Rescue! 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

If he does find a will it will have to go to probate to prove the validity. He wouldn’t be able to claim it all for himself. You may even have a ‘mention’ for your kindnesses. If there is no will then the rules of intestacy will kick in to ensure an equitable distribution amongst the next of kin.

• Upvote 1

Every death brings the creatures out of the woodwork. I've seen that numerous times recently.

38 minutes ago, LizzieM said:

hope he leaves it all to the local Cat Rescue! 

That's where mine is going. No one else will get a bean!  Miaaw!

1 hour ago, FLY2 said:

Every death brings the creatures out of the woodwork. I've seen that numerous times recently.

And pits close relatives against close relatives, as well as distant ones.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Jill Sparrow said:

That's where mine is going. No one else will get a bean!  Miaaw!

Worra baht me little sis?

• Like 1

Years ago I found a bloke dead at work, his wife also worked their, later when she came back to work, she came to see me on my machine & said "You live Wollaton way, don't you?" Me "Yeah" she said "You couldn't pick us up & drop me off from work could you" No mention of me finding her old man or thank you :crazy:    

• Like 1

On 10/30/2019 at 3:23 PM, LizzieM said:

Crikey, what a day it’s been so far and we’re only half way through it.  

For 15 years we’ve had an awkward, cantankerous, but well-educated, bachelor living opposite us.  We’ve helped him out when necessary but have tended to keep him at arm’s length as we didn’t want him relying on us too much.  In recent years he’s trusted me with his debit card to get cash from the ATM and do bits of shopping, with the rest of his food being delivered by The Cheese Shop in Flying Horse Arcade.  This arrangement has suited me fine as I spent several years caring for my Dad and didn’t want or need to take on another old man.  

Last week I had to dress a wound where he’d fallen and the next day arrange a locksmith because he’d been out in a taxi and lost his key ...... nobody else has been trusted with a key and it’s like Fort Knox. 

In the past 2 or 3 days we’ve noticed that his lights weren’t on so yesterday tried his door. No answer and we could see his key was in the lock, inside.  This morning my husband got step ladders out and managed to get into his back garden and saw him lying dead on his kitchen floor, naked!  There was no way I needed to see that.

I rang the Police who arrived quickly, with a Paramedic. They forced the front door open and since then Lymns have been and taken the body away.  While all this was happening I rang his nephew down south (I’ve spoken to him several times before to inform him of admission to hospital etc but have never met him)

He thanked me for letting him know and said he would come up later today “because he’ll need to find his uncle’s Will and other paperwork”   

I make no further comment!!

That's what happens after a death , so sad. Lizzie I know you've done a lot for your neighbour and I was sorry to hear of his death. Especially when no one else was interested in his health only the outcome of his death.

• Upvote 2

Ciao Nonna, hope you are feeling better after your little adventure. Nice to see you back on line. Please accept my sincere regards and best wishes, Barrie.

• Like 1

Had a lovely day yesterday. Since coming home from hospital Sunday, I have to try to get my walking normal again so at first I walked up and down the driveway many times. In the afternoon my youngest grandson walked with me along the road. I had my arm tucked into his and he walked all the way holding my hand and caressing it. He was so tender. Then he started reminiscing of all the things we'd done together and the little things he'd learned like stitching a button on, embroidery and his favorites making cakes and biscuits.smile2

As we approached home again he said that when I felt better could all 3 of them come again to do the same things. Tomorrow the schools are closed so I have my choice of walking companion. Oh it's great having grandchildren so caring but this one is exceptional, I can see him going into some sort of care work.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Ciao Nonna, hope you are feeling better after your little adventure. Nice to see you back on line. Please accept my sincere regards and best wishes, Barrie.

Thankyou BK , it's been hard. Consultant said 4-5 days but it turned into 13 because a lung deflated and was put onto a rispiration unit which they only took off last midweek.  I've just got to practice walking now. My spine has been straightened quite a bit and now I don't stoop or lean to one side. Put like that seems like I was well past it.

Thanks once again

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2