DJ360

How's your day?

8 hours ago, Beekay said:

Carni, if you knew my Surname, you would see how ironic your post is. Thank you.

I wont ask Beekay.  It's  Hush Hush  slywink

• Like 1

Air Hostess Granddaughter,, called in today just back from Majorja,,,,had another girl with her who's just been made redundant with Thomas Cook,,,anyway the other girl is my Cousins Granddaughter,,,can anyone tell me what relation that makes her to me ?......:wacko:

Been a day for visitors,,,one of my sons has a 'Thai'' lady partner and shes over here meeting the family,,,lovely girl made me a ''Thai'' curry........

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Here you go Ben:

She is your first cousin twice removed

You missed a good meet up mate... maybe next time?

• Like 1

Thanks for that Brew...............nearly came this morning,,,but every day depends how my equipment is working,,,and today it wasn't so good,,,could hardly get my words out,,,and had to keep changing the bits,,,when i do come i want to be in good form......hope to get next time........

• Like 7

Well we all wish you well mate and hope you make it in December.

• Like 8

On 10/8/2019 at 3:05 AM, HSR said:

DJ.. interesting stuff, what bit rate do you burn your vinyl to CD conversions at? I remember the 20 bit super enconding disks that were very good. My vinyl conversions were all done at 24/96. Personally i couldn't tell the difference  using 192.

24 bit always sounded vastly superior to me.

This was over a decade ago, sadly developed, in recent years hearing issues so no longer up to speed on such things..

I convert vinyl using a Yamaha Hard Disc CD recorder.   There's nothing in the specs to indicate what bitrate is used by the Analogue to Digital Converter in the machine, but to me the results are very close to the results from directly re-playing vinyl on my Michell Orbe, with the top Audiomods Arm, a Dynavector DV17D3 MC cartridge, and via an EAR  834 valve phono stage. That's a pretty serious vinyl set up and the Yamaha certainly does it justice.

I transfer the resulting CDs to my Zen Mini server, using FLAC, because I'm not convinced there's any audible difference between it and WAV, and it both takes up less space, and works better with Metadata etc.

Just finished my housework for the day. I loathe housework, never seems any point as it is there again the next day as if it had never been done. If I ever win the lottery after getting a house by the sea with a wood (with an oak tree), pond (with a weeping willow, newts and sticklebacks),  field, more dogs, a donkey, goat etc the next thing on the list is a cleaner. Sure I can find more important and interesting things to do than housework.
Anyway sorry I digress, decided to have a coffee and (dunkable) nice biscuits. Had a play on a game on my phone. Normally the adverts are annoying, but this time there were some very interesting ones.

The first was a light pen which you can draw pictures with on a special board. Quite intriguing. The second was a screen you unfolded to put in front of your phone so if you watching things on your phone (I don’t it’s a phone) it magnifies the picture onto the screen. Quite a nifty idea really I suppose. 
The third was a paint roller which you put paint in and then use. Doesn’t drip apparently and judging by the advert you can do a wall very very quickly and the paint doesn’t look streaky. Also has some gadgets (I love gadgets) for doing corners and up to the ceiling without getting paint on it. I am very tempted by this, could save having to get a decorator in and the cost. As with most houses when you move into them the colour scheme isn’t what I would have, my kitchen is blood red and black! Will google it and see what I can find out about it. Only thing is I would have to go up a ladder, not my favourite thing to do, or perhaps I could erect scaffolding?

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Brew said:

Well we all wish you well mate and hope you make it in December.

Does that include me too Brew?

Just had a fascinating hour with an old 'Photo Album,,,,showing my 1st cousin twice removed (thanks again Brew) photos of old relations who she didnt ever see,,,,even her Great and Great Great Granddads,,,sat on a Motorbike in Skegness in 1948,,,then lots of Pictures of her Great Aunts including my Mother,who she also never met,,,i enjoyed showing her and explaining who everyone was.

It was only by chance that she met my Granddaughter whilst working for Airline company's,,,they got talking and realised they were related,,,.       Also i did'nt realise iv'e still got many relatives on Bestwood estate.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Back to the rain for 2 weeks..whilst it's lashing- making these bad boys up.cruel.jpg

• Like 2

Had a great day today,,,went into Bulwell with the wife for breakfast,,,where we were joined by a lady ive known for years who i'll be doing some work for very soon...........Also joined by my cousin (same age as me but looks 20 years younger) and her friend who ive known since teenage years.

So there i was in me element surrounded by 4 lovely ladies,,,

Must have felt inspired actually did a DIY job on returning home,,,...''''Hung a big Mirror''''........honest!!!     lol

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Questions Ben:

Was it the right way up

Was it the right way round 

Did it work

Was the previous owner Dorian Grey...     :P

• Like 1

Answers Brew,,

Think so,,

Not sure,,

No ,the present one........lol

• Like 1

Took the boys to Wollaton (is that the right spelling?)Park today. Really busy loads of dogs and owners, there was a muddy dog run for Battersea Dogs Home. Lots of obstacles for the dogs/owners to jump over and large paddling pools of water to run through. No my two didn’t do it, they can get muddy enough in a normal run, my floors end up crunchy like a beach anyway. Lots of very happy, mucky,  waggy tailed dogs doing course with equally muddy owners.

My two had a whale of a time, lots of fussing from other dog owners and loads of new doggy friends to meet and greet. They were very good even with the smaller dogs, they can sometimes “mob” smaller dogs and be a bit overpowering for them, but were well behaved today. Had a tea at the cafe and they found it very interesting with all the people and dogs doing the same. 
Got home, two very tired and happy dogs, chicken for tea tonight for them to round off a good day. I now have two boys fast asleep (with gentle snoring from both). Life doesn’t get any better:biggrin:

• Like 9
  • Upvote 1

Today I will mostly be fitting a new radiator fan to Mrs Col's ageing shed of a Punto. 

This was ordered from Eurocarparts on 19th Sept.  Originally promised in 2-3 working days..which became 5-7, days then 'whenever we can get it.'  Finally advised on 7th Oct that they had got one which would be with me 'in 2-3 working days'.  After 4 days I got an email from DHL promising delivery next day. (Friday 11th)  It didn't arrive.  Didn't arrive Saturday either.

Check up on DHL tracking site showed they'd picked it up from Birmingham on Tues. 8th and sent it to East Midlands.  From there it went to Liverpool.. back to East Midlands and back to Liverpool again.. arriving in Liverpool 6:30 am on Sat 12th.. where it sat until finally delivered by DHL this morning.

Dontcha jes luv privatisation?

^^^^Sounds like deliveries in France^^^^

• Like 1

Bit of Parking rage at City Hospital this morning,,,always difficult parking,,one just has to be patient,,.i'm usually quite placid unless pushed,,but i was tested today.

Went round the block a few times looking for a space,,finally spotted one and drove in.  Couldn't believe what happened next,,,bloke suddenly appears and stands across the space with arms outstretched.  What you doing ?..says i,, ''my mrs will be here in a minute and shes parking here'''says he,,

No shes not mate i'm parking there,,,anyway he refuses to move,,and i did the same,,,his Mrs turns up in a big Red 4x4,,,great big woman with red hair that matched her car,,,,,leaps from car F....... and blinding at me,,,this goes on for about 15 minutes and both were very threatening toward me,,,i was obviously struggling to answer quickly due to my impediment,,,but stood my ground without loosing my cool,,they both got in the car and parked behind as i pulled into the space,,saying ''when you come back your car will have been trashed'' they then confronted me at the ticket machine,,more threats,,i just smiled and said ''have a nice day'''...........years ago i would have reacted differently,,,but felt pleased with mesen for not reacting,,,

Needed a strong coffee after and went straight in the Cafe.......where a couple told me ''well done for standing my ground''  which was nice,,

• Like 12

Well done Ben, hope the bullies hadn't trashed your car when you got back!  

• Like 1

Thanks Lizzie,,, no the car was ok,,,it was only Donna's old banger anyway......lol,,........the woman actually told me  '''My husband is ill,,and needs to get to his appointment !!''''             I said,, ''''no shit,,,what do you think i'm here for,,me health'''   lol

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Anybody heard how Nonna is doing? Or is it early days yet.

Well done Ben, I am proud of you for standing up for yourself, its your Bestwood upbringing, but most of all not loosing your cool. 

• Like 1

Parking at the QMC is terrible. I guess it's better to take the tram. I remember many years ago, one Sunday afternoon, after I'd escaped from a light aircraft prang alive, I went to the QMC to get a few stitches put in. I parked outside the main door of casualty only to be told 'you can't park there'. I told the guy what had happened and his attitude changed immediately, becoming very polite, leading me to the desk, where when I told them my tale of woe, I was immediately put on a trolley and wheeled off for treatment, passing all those who were waiting! I always tell people when going to casualty to say they've been in an aircraft crash. It opens many doors!

I was at City Hospital yesterday and had no problem parking, I was in an ambulance. I had been having slight dizzy spells for a few days, woke up and felt rough but had to go for a blood test. Having a shower and kept banging into shower walls and couldn't stand properly ,struggled to get dressed, wife called son who phoned doctor, who told him dial 999 and called ambulance. When they arrived I couldn't stand felt sick and my words wouldn't come out right. Into Stroke Unit where I spent all Day for tests and scans, good news not a stroke. It appears my brain and ears are sending strange messages to each other causing a type of severe vertigo. At home  with a months supply of more tablets still feel rough but best of all no housework or ironing.