DJ360

How's your day?

You probably realise i have a large extended family,,,,most live in the Bulwell area,,but since we have moved 10 mile north,,we have never seen so much of em,,,,today for instance,,, visited by Brother,,,2 sons,,,Daughter,,with son in law,,also seen 3 Grandkids,,some stayed for dinner and two Grandkids are here for  the night..............i love em all,,but i don't dote,,,nice to see em and nice to see em go home.

Anyway when we moved my favourite cat had died and the others went to live with my daughter who loves cats,,,but i miss me cats and where we now live is perfect for them,,,so now looking for another,,, ideally a female anyone know best place to get one ? it will have loving owners who will spoil it.............Jill ?

• Like 1

I think Jill may need a decent size cat basket Ben. :rolleyes:

Thanks Phil,,,we have always had cats as well ,just love em,,,,......seems a shame living where we do and not having any,,wouldnt mind a couple....

I think you are asking the right person Ben. Young Jill is involved with some sort of cat rescue is she not?

The cats I help out with are all either disabled or very elderly and for that reason do not leave the rescue centre but are royally looked after for the rest of their days by people who love them.

Cats Protection League have a never ending list of cats needing good homes. They'd be happy to hear from you, Ben.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

New long legged Lycra's came today,,,been on me bike twice for short bursts,,,felt great ,never had a pair like em,,,they have got a big patch under the crotch,,,.smiled all the way..........can't wait to go again in the morning....:rolleyes:

• Like 2

Hope you get on with your 'Lycra' Benj. I tried the ones with the gel patch, but I couldn't take to them. I have a 'Gel Seat Cover' Mi duck, it is great, it cost less than a tenner, and I can wear ordinary trousers instead of my Lycra Leggins if we are going to walk around the shops, and I still have the comfort of the 'Gel Padding'. I just have to remember to cover it when we park up in case it rains. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

New long legged Lycra's came today,,,been on me bike twice for short bursts,,,felt great ,never had a pair like em,,,they have got a big patch under the crotch,,,.smiled all the way..........can't wait to go again in the morning....:rolleyes:

98788739-B0-F9-4-D2-A-8-E6-D-FD7-D00-DB5

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

LOL.........Good one Lizzie.........fancy a Croggie ?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Yes mate that could be in the running..........or perhaps on a Granville.........

Looking back had a lot of fun on 2 wheels over the years........

Dolly on Marsdens bike in me Basket down the hills on Bestwood estate

Sandra on me Raleigh racer,,through the woods around Bulwell Hall Park

Christine on me Scooter riding Pillion,,, over the Golf course on Bulwell Common,,

Trina on a tandem on holiday in Rhyl,,.......:rolleyes:

Had a good day today. It's  'er indoors 76th birthday so bought her a special treat. A box of liquorice  novelties ! Now she can chew away at liquorice laces and pipes to her hearts content. My turn next month.

• Like 2

Can't beat a box of Liquorice shapes Beekay, we always have some at Xmas as well as birthdays. I like the Wheels and the little jelly sweetie in the middle, Hubbs likes the pipes and Wheels. In fact he likes them all. I have to keep my eyes on the box or I don't get a look in. Will you have to wait a month or do you share? :rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Just nicked one of the liquorice  sticks, quite nice really. If she's  very good I'll  let her open the box:rolleyes:

Might ask for some diabetic candy floss next month. Probably end up paying mesen !

Also treat her to magazines, i.e. 'My Weekly, Womans Weekly etc. Buy her them then I  don't  have to talk to her.:ph34r:

• Like 1

Thanks i presume cliff ton,,for deleting that thing about Dreaming,,,i had woke at 4am and thought i'd relate a crazy dream by starting a thread on dreaming,,,,it was on my phone and i obviously failed.......might try on me computer later.........lol

14 hours ago, Beekay said:

Had a good day today. It's  'er indoors 76th birthday so bought her a special treat. A box of liquorice  novelties !

13 hours ago, carni said:

Can't beat a box of Liquorice shapes Beekay, we always have some at Xmas as well as birthdays. 

I will eat almost anything in the category of cakes, chocolate, biscuits, etc etc, but I've never been able to get on with liquorice. One of the few limits I have.

Thanks Den,,,still might start a ''Dreaming'' thread,,,people could document their dreams on it,,,then we could work out whether they are 'Barmy' or not...

For instance,,.......throwing people over my Grannies fence and driving down to Peterborough to clean United's windows without a ladder,,,or shall i bother ?....what do others think ?;)

Apparently,  you cannot dream about strangers, only people whom you've  met before even if only briefly. Interesting fact.

• Like 1

Been trying to fathom out how to get in my artificial coal fire look electric fire,,,buggered if i could,, needed to put new bulbs in. Anyway wife took over and did it in seconds,,,,,,,,,,,,think i might get her to put some shelves up later.......:victory: 

• Like 5

22 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I will eat almost anything in the category of cakes, chocolate, biscuits, etc etc, but I've never been able to get on with liquorice. One of the few limits I have.

When younger I used to dip liquorice into icing sugar, when I got older changed to sherbet. Can't stand the stuff now.

Oh yes, Sherbet Dips.  The powder made me cough!  Wonder if you can still get them? 

I'm certain I've seen them in these traditional old fashioned sweet shops in somewhere like York or Harrogate. They're called Sherbet Fountains now, but the same thing.