DJ360

How's your day?

Phil,  The suns shining, it's not raining, the wind has dropped and I'm posting to you. What more do ya  want .

Surely the ends shouldn't fray if they are gripped by cable clamps and not subject to movement...

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Brew said:

Surely the ends shouldn't fray if they are gripped by cable clamps and not subject to movement...

Ahh.. you say that.. but .... :(

1 hour ago, Willow wilson said:

Well, we're waiting on the edge of our seats now with 'How's your day' on speed dial.

Willow.. I'm shocked.. :Shock:.  Such cynicism is unbecoming.. ;)

Right.. excitement coming up!!

1. A fellow member of the pinkfishmedia site ( D.I.Y. Section) has already posted some shrink sleeving to me.  @letsavagoo Will wait to see what arrives and whether I need to take up your kind offer.

2.  I've just made a three egg and cheddar cheese omellette, using a touch of olive oil and a little butter.  It was nice.

3.  I've just exchanged heated words with 'Er Indoors'.. It seems that I NEVER wipe work surfaces.. and ALWAYS leave the lights on.  Such certainty and statistical conviction is impressive, especially coming from someone who NEVER closes any of the upstairs doors, despite us having open plan stairs with the result that we are very public spiritedly heating the street via open upstairs windows.

4.  Despite previous lack of success with them, and their apparent 'dead' look.. my Echinacea seedlings appear to be putting out small new red shoots.

5. I may walk to the shops later...

Now reader.. breathe... and have a brief lie down..  :laugh:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

despite us having open plan stairs with the result that we are very public spiritedly heating the street via open upstairs windows.

Our house had open plan stairs, what idiot ever thought they were a good idea? Due to the air circulation  upstairs was as hot as Hades downstairs constant cold feet.  

2 hours ago, Brew said:

Our house had open plan stairs, what idiot ever thought they were a good idea? Due to the air circulation  upstairs was as hot as Hades downstairs constant cold feet.  

When we converted the stable and hayloft for my mum 8 yrs ago she always grumbled that there was a draft coming from upstairs due to an open staircase. She blocked everything and put draft excluder on all the doors. Stuffed air vents up with paper. When she went into care my daughter came to live there and found all sorts of things. A mess taking all the draft excluders off , big holes in the wall where mum 's husband had made mistakes in putting shelves etc up. 

Jonab I understand your concern for the orange festival as we have the wine festival in May and it brings in a lot of money and tourists from all over including France, Germany and U.K.. Asti has a huge food sagre which pulls in crowds too.

Besides the festivities concerning food we also have outdoor concerts with famous personalities, singers etc. There's always something happening during the summer so this will a year not to remember but to forget.

We have become the Chinese community as this virus is spreading. Piemonte is in a good position as we now only have 1 person infected. The news is a bit unfair though as most of these deaths are people that are over a certain age and are/have suffered other illnesses and they say it's the virus that is responsible. I have been reading other countries opinions and some comments are quite inappropriate and not true. Fake news as usual. 

The problem as I see it is that Milan has an extremely large Chinese community due to the fashion industry and of course they visit their own country. I'm not defending our own country and I'm not condemming China but the virus had to come from somewhere. Europe is open to everyone and everyone is free to travel where they want to go.It 's inevitable that it spreads.

An example came about of the hostility towards the Chinese happened the other day with an Italian celebrity. He was out with a friend when he saw a small crowd of " yobboes " He stopped to watch then he saw the big brutes laying into a Chinese telling him he was the carrier of this disease and to get the hell out of this country. They beat him up and threw stones at the poor chap. The celebrity did what he could to stop them and eventually called the Carabinieri. He was so angry and upset that he didn't go home straightaway because he didn't want his wife and children to see him in that state.

How anyone can blame the Chinese is beyond me. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

From what I have seen reported (if it is true?)this new virus originated from the same place as the SARS virus. Does make you wonder what is going on in that region. Also heard or saw somewhere that it had skipped species (possibly from bat to person) by someone eating an infected endangered animal. Again this could be propaganda and I could have misheard\misread something.
Or could it be a case of Mother Earth biting back?

The WHO have determined that Corvid 19 is a variant/mutation of the SARS virus. The official name is now Covid-19, it's full name is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus 2 or Sars-CoV-2 for short.

It does seem to have originated in bats but there is no direct evidence of bat to human transmission an intermediate animal is suggested as  likely, in this case camel. There are four Coronaviruses that affect humans and possibly a lot more we don't know about - yet.

Another theory for the origin is a Wuhan seafood market and illegal animal trading. Doesn't say what the animals are sold for but presumably  as food.

More details here if you want a read:

https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-do-animal-viruses-like-coronavirus-jump-species-20200225/ 

https://www.wired.co.uk/article/china-coronavirus

Just typed up my treasurers annual report following last nights audit. After 1/2 bottle of Burbon and 1/2 bottle of Calvados, the auditors saw things my way :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, PeverilPeril said:

Just typed up my treasurers annual report following last nights audit. After 1/2 bottle of Burbon and 1/2 bottle of Calvados, the auditors saw things my way :rolleyes:

Heh, wanna do my books?

Just been outside and seen the new(ish) moon and Venus shining brightly.  

Sleet and rain this morning and set in for the day. Should enjoy my days fly fishing. Long Johns. chest waders and a wee flask should keep me warm. :laugh:

Why do you need a flask to see in PP? Surely there must be a tree nearby. :rolleyes:

Well I got a bit wet but managed to stay warm. My pal and I caught some superb trout averaging 5lb. Must buy a new fishing coat. The relentless wind and rain did get the better of my current one. The wee hip flask came in useful though ;) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just walked in after a trek up the hill.  When I first set out the wind hitting the ridge where the path goes up to the base of the hill 'proper', was evil and I almost turned back.  But, I had a word with myself and decided to go to the top. It was, to employ the vernacular.. 'bleddy code'.

Still. made it to the top and back down in one piece and just beat the rain which is now setting in..

When aaahh wur a lad, we useter 'ave March winds and April showers.  These days we seem to be getting March Winds and April Showers from about December through to August, followed by gloom till the end of November.  Ahhhm sick on it...  :angry: