DJ360

How's your day?

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

only if they're all in Hong Kong for the occasion.

Ye gods and little fishes, CT. Please don't tell me there was a branch of Marsden's in Hong Kong?  :Shock:

• Like 1

I need to walk to help my back to get stronger, I got into a routine and felt good but this rain has put a damper on it and now the snow:angry2:

This means I go walk about in the house or go across to my daughters and walk on the treadmill. That seems to be the correct thing to do but I'm not sure I can climb the stairs. I can't climb into the car without pain. Roll on Monday when I have a checkup again in Turin. Oh well...let's see if I can find some hidden corners of the house to appreciate.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:09 PM, DJ360 said:

Today looks like it may actually not rain.  A good day for putting assorted bulbs into containers.

I too have 75 spring bulbs to plant in containers but at the moment it's just not going to happen. I can't do it and everyone is too busy to buy the compost and plant them.

• Like 1

Our rescue Jack Russel arrived yesterday -  lovely little chap named Patch. We have never seen the cats move so fast! He turned out to be a good dog to walk. Quite affable with other dogs and owners (a lot of dog walker here) and good fun. He slept in his new bed after being shooed from ours. The cats returned overnight but this morning, as soon as they heard Patch coming down stairs they were off at high speed. They went through the cat flap so fast that they smashed it! I hope that one of them is not injured. The acrylic flap was smashed in half and the edges are quite sharp.

• Upvote 1

PP  poor little kittys!   I hope they will soon get used to Patch...

Won't be long before the moggies have the upper paw and Patch knows his place in the pecking order, which is moggies first, yourself and Mrs PP next and then Patch!

• Like 1

011.jpg

027.jpg

038.jpg

044.jpg

Another day finished at the office.

• Like 8

Beautiful photos, BK

Do you need ruby slippers to walk on the yellow brick road BK?

• Like 1

Thank you Margie. Not telling about my fetish Brew. Didn't even have to photoshop either. All natural colours.

Good but tiring day today. Had my checkup this afternoon and all is well. X-ray was in agreement with the last one I had in hospital. I can now take this re enforced corset off and boy oh boy what a relief. I've also been given the ok to drive providing I don't do too much swiveling. Next checkup in 6 months. Now very tired but happy.

• Like 6

On 10/14/2019 at 10:33 AM, DJ360 said:

Check up on DHL tracking site showed they'd picked it up from Birmingham on Tues. 8th and sent it to East Midlands. 

SWMBO ordered a sonic cleaner (weighing 3Kg) for my birthday on 1st November. It was sent out the same day by the company and fell into the hands of YODEL. Checking the tracker it seems that Yodel delivered it through their own company letterbox over a week ago. A complaint last week promised to sort it out - still no goods......I still can't work out how they could deliver it through ANY letterbox let alone their own?!

• Upvote 1

Far be it from me to say so but I rather think there may be  a terminological inexactitude there Compo

Multi-fuel burner kaput.

Compo we have a pellet stove and it's been caput for almost a week. Called our usual firm to come to fix it but they were unindated with work , called another firm and they were the same. The second one rang today to say one of his colleagues was in the area so he called in and found it was one of the pumps  that had failed and he wasn't qualified as he was an engineer for stoves,but said for the first to bring a pump when they come tomorrow. It's cold and hasn't stopped raining for days so we are suffering with hot water from immersion heater, electric fires and a godsend of a Camino which has 3 outlets and is at present burning logs. 

Hope they remember to bring the pump tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

Too hot here today with a forecast top temperature of 42 deg C, that is a 107 in the old money.

The entire state is in a fire ban with catastrophic conditions for many areas. That means if a fire starts the emergency services will have almost no hope of controlling it in the high winds.

Meanwhile over in NSW over 4,000 sq miles of land has been burnt in the recent and ongoing fires.

A year ago today my Dad had a routine appointment at the City Hospital, he never came out :(

Not a good memory RR but you have a wealth of better ones about him, try to think on those.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

@radfordred  Brew has put it so well, I can't add anything to his post...  Thinking of you x

Quiet day.. but not improved by the news that Ian Simms who murdered Helen McCourt in a pub in our village in 1988.. is to be released, despite his continual refusal to reveal where her body is.

I knew Helen slightly. I also knew Simms and his parents.

The case still casts a very long shadow over our village.

Does maintain his innocence or just refuses to say where she is?

Both.. I think. 

You have a message.

Well the stove is now in perfect working order. It wasn't the pump, it was the thermostat was set too low. We never move it and haven't done for years so don't know how it was moved. Anyway it never rains does it? Last night I put some towels in the washer. After a while I heard the spin speed had increased unbelievably and went to have a look, switched off immediately as the bathroom was full of smoke. We bought this machine last year in Sept so I immediately thought " bet it's out of guarantee" but it wasn't. This morning we went looking for another washer in case. We phoned the call centre and within 3/4 hr they got back to us and they're coming to look at it tomorrow afternoon. The call centre seems to think it will be completely replaced. Hope so as I'll refuse it to be repaired because I couldn't trust it again

We always grumble about after sales service but we can't fault this. We've had many makes of washers and had to wait for services etc but this washer is Japanese and can't say " they are like all the others" because the service is perfect ( up to now)

17 hours ago, Brew said:

Does maintain his innocence or just refuses to say where she is?

Maintains his innocence therefore if correct he could not know where the body is, although the evidence appears to suggest otherwise.

If he'd have admitted guilt at the trial, whether correct or not he'd have probably been out 15 years ago or more.