DJ360

How's your day?

Today, we took the 2 youngest grandchildren along with 5 of their little cousins  to a place called Church Farm, Stow Bardolph.   It was really good as the 'Nativity Barn'  had donkeys, goats, rabbits and 11 tiny piglets with their mother, a huge sow.  The centrepiece was a simple manger complete with a 'baby Jesus' in it.   The kids loved it as the animals (apart from the pig family) could all be stroked.  Leading off from this, but still undercover, was a bark pathway which wound its way through greenery and fairy lights to .....Father Christmas!   He was SO good with the children  and spoke to them individually even though we went in as a family group.   When asked what they hoped to get for Christmas, our 10 year old said "A surprise" and the 8 year old said "Pokemon cards".   Father Christmas said he liked surprises and Pokemon cards as well, and said he hoped they would  all be good, kind children in the days leading up to Christmas.   

He had a lovely gravelly voice and said "goodbye princess" to me as we left.   I felt like I was a kid again and almost believed he was real!

• Like 6

One of the things I miss most is doing stuff like that with the kids...

My Grandkids had a difficult day today.  Both left their Primary School in Manchester for the last time, as they are moving to one closer to their new home in Worsley.  They are Year 1 and Year 4.  The school was lovely and didn't want either to leave as they are such good kids, but there was no way around it as it's mostly my Daughter, their Mum, who takes them to and from.. and since she can't drive due to being officially blind, it's just too difficult.  Here's hoping they settle in OK in their new school.

I'm blessed to have two brilliant daughters who have both just moved into new homes and are eager to 'host' Christmas.. so it'll be Christmas Day with No.1 Daughter, and Boxing Day with No.2 Daughter. 

• Like 5

On 12/18/2019 at 6:50 PM, loppylugs said:

Beats politics.  :biggrin:

Edit....Referring to the tech thread idea, not which end the camera goes.  :Shock:

Loppy..  I could make so much Politics out of that post..... :laugh:.. but even I have my limits...

For what it's worth... only a couple of weeks ago I had a 'virtual' Colonoscopy.  That means I didn't have to 'accommodate' a camera.. but still had to suffer the indignity of having my bowel 'inflated'.  The possibilities for humour are limitless...

Ohh.. last evening was fun..  Both Mrs Col and I decided that we couldn't be bothered with cooking anything much for our evening meal.  She told me she'd be happy with canned soup, and would wait till I was 'sorted'.

I went for Beans on Toast.. so while she messed with Christmas Decorations etc..and wanting to see a particular TV prog.. I sprang into action.  Doing a passable imitation of Jamie Oliver.. I 'slammed' a couple of slices of Tesco 'Oat and Barley' into the toaster.. then emptied a can of Heinz Beanz into a 'microwaveable container'

But.. as I lifted the beans out of the Eye Level Neff Microwave oven... they leaped out of my hand and hurled themselves into every corner of the kitchen..... 'Dash it all!!!..' I exclaimed...

I spent ten minutes cleaning up the spilt beans.. by which time my toast was cold and dried out.

I started again... with more beans.. more toast.. and less haste.

It felt almost like there was a moral in there somewhere....

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DJ360 said:

'Dash it all!!!..' I exclaimed...

Are you sure they are the words you used.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, trogg said:

Are you sure they are the words you used.

I may have also said 'Oh.. Flip!!' :blush:

• Like 1

Just watched this fly overhead on its way from Hamburg to Chester, carrying wings for Airbus. It's seen over here regularly.

29735_1572463965.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Wow! That's one ugly plane.

That's torn it! Went out this morning and shook hands on a deal to buy a red K6 telephone kiosk! They weigh 750Kg so I now have to organise someone to deliver it.

DJ you gave a whole new meaning to spilling the beans.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Who ya gonna call?   :biggrin:

Good point, LL. I rarely call anyone and no-one calls me. 

• Like 1

re that plane.... our 19Year old grandson is doing an engineering degree at Uni and has a placement, starting in September  at the Airbus plant?/factory? near Chester...

• Upvote 1

Yep.  That's where it flies to Margie. It's called Chester Hawarden Airport.

https://www.google.com/maps/@53.1770194,-2.9678442,4646m/data=!3m1!1e3

• Like 1

4 hours ago, loppylugs said:

Who ya gonna call?   :biggrin:

GHOSTBUSTERS !!!

Not heard from nonnab on here since the 6 November.

Hope she's OK.

Anyone have any info?

Only a couple of days ago I noticed Nonna logged in on Facebook for the first time for while.

Hopefully she's recovering from whatever she's had to deal with recently.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just thought I'd take this opportunity to wish all 'Stalgians, your families and friends, all that you wish yourselves for the festivities, and the coming year.

Col

• Like 6

4 hours ago, jonab said:

Not heard from nonnab on here since the 6 November.

Hope she's OK.

Anyone have any info?

I’ve intended calling her for a couple of weeks and your comment spurred me on ...... she’s fine, few aches and pains but all ok.  

• Like 4

So pleased she is improving, I have missed her posts on here, especially the ones with photos of food she has prepared, I wonder what delights she is preparing for Christmas.

I am very pleased she is OK. If she's not coming to NS soon, please send her my/our best wishes.