DJ360

How's your day?

48 minutes ago, Compo said:

Just collected six FREE railway sleepers from across the road - there may be more in the offing after New Year, too....whic is nice :)

You'll soon have enough to build a full scale train set !!

Oops! Forgot to finish decorating the tree - only one bauble :)

IMG-5571-Moon-and-tree.jpg

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

Did you remember to pay the bill, big brother? :wacko:

Reluctantly yes, little sis.x

v41817-CC1-AC91-4-F61-BBD5-5-E8-FDF805-D6Just a view of some starters before they left the kitchen.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I've deleted nonna's first post which seemed to go to a place which wasn't intended.

It was Postimage but it was advertising Asian ladies with services for hire.

thanks for the photos Nonna, now I will go and have my dry biscuits and cheese, I much prefer those, I must do the wife told me.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm  an Ignoramus, but what's  wrong wi' soup or prawn cocktail?

2 hours ago, Cliff Ton said:

I've deleted nonna's first post which seemed to go to a place which wasn't intended.

It was Postimage but it was advertising Asian ladies with services for hire.

You're joking:Shock: 

Thanks Cliff Ton. I had no idea how that came about. I couldn't get my photos to upload and saw my daughter had put a composition on FB so I copied them. Think I had better tell her .

Sorry Phil I thought you were joking, it happened once before when Chulla joked but there was nothing untoward in the post.

53 minutes ago, trogg said:

thanks for the photos Nonna, now I will go and have my dry biscuits and cheese, I much prefer those, I must do the wife told me.

Thats what I'm planning to eat tonight.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Beekay said:

Maybe I'm  an Ignoramus, but what's  wrong wi' soup or prawn cocktail?

Nothing BK but they are a bit old fashioned in restaurants. I could eat them continuously though.

Only said it cos  I  just bought a soup maker.

Seven years ago on this day, between the festivities of Christmas and New Year’s Eve, with nothing worth watching on the telly (much like tonight!) I was doing a bit of googling and came across Nottstalgia.   

In the intervening years I’ve met personally and on-line some lovely folk.  Logging on to the forum has been mostly a pleasure but did become very addictive but I’ve kind of got over that in the past year or so ...... however rarely does a day go by when I haven’t logged on.  Thank you all (especially the regulars) for making Nottstalgia part of my day. 

• Like 10

It's exactly 7 years and 2 weeks since I joined NS, after finding CT's posts on Garden Street!  Don't know where all that time has gone.

• Like 1

In a couple of weeks, it will be 5 years since I discovered Nottstalgia while googling 'sledging on Breckhill fields'.  However, I THINK my first post was about the Locarno and it produced a cheeky response from Ben!

I don't post as much these days but I have a look to see what's going on every  day.   I feel that many of you are my online friends and enjoy  meeting you 'in the flesh' at the meet ups.  That sounds a bit risqué doesn't it .......  but of course it's not meant that way :bighug:

• Like 3

Don't  forget yer waggler PP. ;)

But I  suppose if ya'all gone fishin, ya won't  read this.

13 hours ago, Jill Sparrow said:

It's exactly 7 years and 2 weeks since I joined NS, after finding CT's posts on Garden Street!  

I never realised it was my fault you're here  ;)

Nah! That's  her age CT., 7yr, 2 weeks.

• Like 1

I took a much needed walk up 'the' hill yesterday.  It was a bit like Oxford Street in the Sales.. hundreds of people, individuals, small family groups etc... all heading for the top... with mostly at least one dog towing them up, or being dragged reluctantly along. All of the paths are churned up and muddy.  I exchanged nods, grunts and 'eyups', with quite a few folk.. but not all seemed to grasp the 'etiquette' of a friendly nod to passing strangers.

I had a bit of a chat with a bloke at the top.. but was soon heading down.  Far too busy up there at this time of year.  I don't blame people at all for getting out and blowing a few cobwebs off after too many mince pies etc.. but I much prefer the hill when it reverts to being mostly a refuge for the few locals who have the time, inclination and ability to climb it... especially midweek.  Sometimes I can get from the bottom to the top without encountering a soul.

I guess the 'Grumpy Old Git' socks my daughter bought me a few years back.. are finally correct.. ;)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Do you remember the tap dancing Roly Polys?    I was talking with a relatively new lady after church this morning and she told us that her mum was the very chubby small lady who often came on to dance at the end of their performance!  The conversation started when we were discussing who could do 'the splits'.   We do talk about lots of different subjects.... slywink

• Like 2

She was born Maureen McCluskey, I believe