DJ360

How's your day?

19 minutes ago, jonab said:

Boris appears to have the "royal" mild version previously reserved for Charles and Albert of Monaco.

True jonab, but it's worth hanging on to a positive at this terrible time, the vast majority of those infected only get the 'royal' version. Thank God.

This morning saw our first trip outside the perimeter of our house since last Saturday, a short trip to the pharmacy for meds and Bingham Lidl for some essentials. All calm and pretty quiet but great to see everyone observing distancing and folk really friendly and smiley in this adversity.

Keep safe everyone.

• Like 2

As the previous Queen said when the Palace received a small blow from the Germans - 'at least we can now look the East Enders in the face! I bet the G and T's flowed that night!

5 hours ago, benjamin1945 said:

Who else spotted 'Nottstalgia's representative from last nights round of applause ?........on Midlands news just now .....lol

Who was it Ben?  

I was pretty sure who it was when I made the comment,,thought the person i thought would confirm,,however they have been on and didn't. 

So looks good like I'm wrong,,would be wrong for me to openly guess,

Have a look on You tube for, "Ballad of Dunny Roll". It's from Ozstalgians neck of the woods.

Wots  Midlands new got to do we'it?  Ben

I was unable to open the International Space Station link that Stuart C posted, in case others had a problem with it I’ve just seen something on FB saying that it will be visible at 19.40 tonight travelling from W to EE.  Go on....... get outside and get some fresh air! 

Just trying to lighten the load dear boy. Bring in a bit of levity, that's worr'i  say. Stay safe Ben. B.

1 minute ago, LizzieM said:

I was unable to open the International Space Station link that Stuart C posted, in case others had a problem with it I’ve just seen something on FB saying that it will be visible at 19.40 tonight travelling from W to EE.  Go one ....... get outside and get some fresh air! 

And have a clap Lizzie?

No I won’t tonight BK, but hoping we have a regular Thursday 8pm community clap until this dreadful situation disappears.  

• Like 3

We didn't - we must have more cloud here...

O’dear indeed Ben  ......... Grade A insane drivel ....... Gun-Clock-Mouth-Bang :crazy: 

• Like 1

If it's clear on Sunday (29th), the space station will be visable from 20:42 to 20:47 traveling West to East.  If you miss it it will back in about 90mins, having gone round the World!

• Like 1

I've got mi jimjams on and a mug of Ovaltine in mi hand, the other one is clutching two chocky biscuits, so there is no chance of me seeing the ISS tonight. I don't want any of the neighbours, thinking 'Oh crikey there's the crazy woman star gazing in her  jimmys again'. Perhaps I'll see it next time.:rolleyes:

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LizzieM said:

but hoping we have a regular Thursday 8pm community clap

Be careful, we don't want everyone getting the clap.

Seriously though what a great gesture toward all in the NHS who are the key to defeating this virus.

• Like 1

On Tuesday all flags will be at half mast at midday and we will have a minutes silence to grieve for the victims of CV. The medical staff have all been sung for , clapped for and pans rattled for them . Hope they all heard.

I think I must have seen the ISS for quite a while. In the summer we stay outside in the evenings and I've often seen a light which I've always thought was a plane as we are fairly near to a few airports. It does move but haven't taken much notice of how fast. Will look tonight. We have a beautiful day again after the freezing cold and a flurry of snow. We face south and we have a very clear view from west to east. It's the time that doesn't coincide with us how do we calculate from U.K. to Italy around Asti/Turin. Can't d/l app

The ISS will be over Turin:-

Sun Mar 29,     9:46 PM       2 min             36°20° above NW36° above NNE only visible for 2 minutes...

Info here:

https://spotthestation.nasa.gov/sightings/view.cfm?country=Italy&region=None&city=Turin-Torino#.Xn9JwvZ2uUk

This evening I was invited to a party.

At 5:00 pm I pulled a couple of chairs to the outer limits of my open plan front lawn and, armed with a bottle of Pinot, two glasses and Mrs Col, proceeded to participate in the *** Drive Massive's first ever Socially Distanced Street Party.

For around one hour 6 couples, all neighbours who have been practising rigid Social Distancing for weeks and 'Stay At Home' since ordered, conversed and caroused from the safety of our respective front lawns until forced inside . Not by the authorities, but by a biting wind and sub 8 C temperatures.

Take that Coronavirus!!!

• Like 7

Read on another topic how cats rule the world then saw this on another Forum and thought it appropriate to put it on here for Jill and other cat lovers.

cats.jpg

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

A bad news day here. A neighbour taken by ambulance to hospital. Symptoms - dangerously high temperature and fever, cause unknown. 

He is mid 50's and still working. Difficult to have a conversation or offer help, tea and sympathy whilst yelling across the street... Hope he's OK