DJ360

How's your day?

What a good end to my day again. I have just witnessed all of my neighbours out in the front gardens all clapping, tinkling, banging pans and cheering for the NHS  It really warms the cockles. Lovely feeling, hope I can settle down at beddy byes time.  Big distant Hugs to all. :Friends:

• Like 10

Same around here again Carni.  With a grand finale of fireworks ....... grrrr!  

• Like 3

As my neighbour says, C.Y.K. or "consider yourself kissed".

• Like 1

I ordere a load of lamb yesterday to be delivered today. Think the butcher misunderstood.

%5Burl=https://postimg.cc/CdhQBNYv%5D%5Bimg%5Dhttps://i.postimg.cc/CdhQBNYv/IMG-0132.jpg%5B/img%5D%5B/url%5D

Dont think this pic has been a success. Tried a few times but always comes up in a code.

I can see loads of errors in that "URL" Nonna, there is no way it would work, there's two URL's in one for a start, then img and IMG, HTML doesn't allow things like that .

I can't even help you with that and I've debugged hundreds of web pages, I can't even see where to start with it....

Could not sleep so to cheer up thought i would sign in --------------------------

Well I will say what we are all thinking  """""""""" ITS GOING TO BE ONE HELL OF A YEAR""""""

OH!! on a better note our bowling green should open this weekend, was looking forward to it,

WAS  NO CHANCE !!

but I still wake up each morning in my normal way then I think I am so lucky, never lived though a war, was in at the start of Rock n' Roll, Birth pill invented, married to master 55 years, left him once but then went back. Had two sons who both have nice wives, and 3 grandson's  now here's where it stop's  two of grandson are at work (I think) but the young one has just left school was going to start an engineer apprenticeship NOW!!! what doe's the future hold for him? after it's all over, as, no way this world is going  back to what we know an normal. Well we will just have to start again  to quote line of a a song!!!

"THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND WE THOUGHT THEY 'D  NEVER END"

Well this beats all now 

Just had a look at my friends facebook page her name is Jayne Watson and she works at the City & QMC hospitals. After a very long week, she came home parked up and some other car went into her car and ((please all look at her facebook page) and you will see cars a right-off.  What can she do she as to get to work, yes bus's but where she lives  Hucknall i'm sure the Trent/Barton bus doe's not go past City Hospital.  I have sent an e-mail to Ford UK and ask if they could help.

Tram from hucknall straight to Qmc

,Ayup, delete it if at all possible. The pic was a herd of sheep outside our front gate. They were being taken up the road to graze. My daughter spotted them and took a photo. My son put it on his page on FB and I copied it . So probably that's the problem. However the caption was that I ordered a load of lamb to be delivered and the butcher got the order wrong. Thanks for letting me know. I usually post pics on laptop but this time I did it on iPad . Could it be that?

Mary I'm sure your friend would not want everyone looking at her FB page. But hope she does find some way of getting to work as like here nursing staff at this moment in time are precious. Keep safe and at home. It WILL get better.

• Like 1

Just sent my granddaughter in law next door a long range hug as she was getting in her car to go to work. Her work? Well, she is a florist at John Woods - well she was. She has been transferred to the funeral service. (Co-op). After 3 days she has learnt a lot about life and death that a normal job would not teach you. Having to deal with relatives of the deceased and yesterday a 3 month old baby. I am so proud of her.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

During my daily constitutional I am still surprised at the amount of traffic on the main roads (Westdale, Mapperley Top, Porchester) in the middle of the morning - not usual time for starting/ending a work shift so are they all going (essential) shopping?  Also loads of BT OpenReach workers dotted around, some clearly installing new cables (so not just fixing someone's broadband) and Severn Trent installing new pipes.  As for playing dodgems on the pavements, some folk obviously can't fathom the distance of six foot.

IMG-20200403-113113.jpg

Just come out me front door to be greeted with these. Suprise, suprise. The scent is superb. 

• Like 5

Nonna you could count sheep to take your mind off this wicked virus hope it is getting better in Italy we have not reached the peak in Canada yet everywhere is closed down except essential services in Saskatchewan as of now there are 220 cases with 3 deaths. Take care our thoughts are with you all Ian and Jill Canada.

• Like 1

Thankyou  Stuart C. Yes that's the photo.

Ian Finn thanks for the hope and think I will be counting sheep. If it's not sheep it's cows. Lots of fields around here.

Yesterday my daughter ordered some fruit and other things to be delivered from a local shop. The delivery man phoned to say he was on his way and she asked how much, to have the money ready. The reply made her gasp a bit. She had ordered some fruit, flour, avocados etc. Normally wouldn't have come to more than €15 but he told her € 60+ . She thought whoops delivery charge is high. But when the order came and she checked it , what she had ordered was 3 oranges, 4 apples and so on. What the shop keeper had understood was in KG so she ended up with 4 kg of apples etc. She did tell him but she said leave it because we'll get through them. I can't get SR flour so  she ordered me kg3 of plain flour plus the vanilla baking powder. When I saw it I had to laugh because instead of receiving the amount I wanted there were 2 great big packs with a free pkt of icing sugar, making 14 pkts altogether. 

We had a smoothie this morning with some of the apples and carrots with a large piece of ginger. 

BTW delivery was free.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Took Kai out for our morning constitutional this morning. Decided to go to the woods, haven’t been there since we lost Wolf just before Christmas. There were a lot of walkers, people on bikes and walking dogs. Also a lot on horses, does this count as exercise? As The Engineer said some don’t understand the 6’ rule so we ended going up banks and into fields to avoid some. Started to get a bit tiresome after a while.

Finally got to the woods, the bluebells are starting to come through and it was full of birdsong, hard to believe what is happening outside of it. It was a bit emotional on the meadow, I chased a Kai round a bit and then sat on the bench whilst he had a sniff around. I could see Wolf running round the meadow, he did love being there chasing around, must admit I shed a tear or two, we still miss him. But all in all it was a good walk, nice to have a bit of normality for an hour or two before coming back to all this mess. 

• Like 2

SG , i don't think that riding a horse would court as exercise, selfish gits!!

Horses, like dogs, need a bit of a run out too...

I agree Brew but they don't have to have someone on they're back!!

True they don't but horses running wild tend to be a bit of a nuisance...

No disrespect Brew, but I thought that the 'essential ' exercise was meant for people. Horses can run around in a field!. My point mainly is, do people have to go out to exercise?. Exercise can be undertaken at home , thereby reducing contact with others. I thought that was what is is all about.

I agree and have made exactly the same point at least twice. No disrespect to our doggy members but neither is dog walking  an essential exercise. Despite this, as someone has noted, the number using dogs as an excuse for being out and about seems to be growing. I think there must a 'rent a dog'  service somewhere.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Can't walk mine now after that rotten stroke.  Right leg is gammy.  Just take 'em in the yard and they go like rockets.  I get my exercise just watching them.

• Like 1