DJ360

How's your day?

Ben, it's very difficult to know what to say, but I'm sad that so many things have changed for you.  Just to add that you brighten up NS, as you're the funniest person here (funny ha ha, that is, not funny peculiar, as we used to say as kids).

• Like 2

Hang in there, Ben. What d’unt kill yer, meks yer strong! Bound to get “bad” days, but all things must pass. Best wishes.

• Like 2

What a lovely lot you are,,,thank you for all your kind words...........getting ready to go into Bulwell...and you've made me put 'Anusol' on me Dentures instead of 'Polygrip''........lol

• Like 10

Beekay, that is something never considered, I would be constantly checking to see it was still there.  Aunties new toy is being delivered today accompanied by a very brave person who is going to show her how to use it.. With both of them wearing masks and any other safety measures needed I could probably sell tickets. If you don't hear from me for a few days I will be hiding in a dark cupboard till I recover.

My thoughts are with you Ben. Gotta admit, two weeks ago I were terrified but things are improving. As previously stated, there are people on here, who have more serious ailments which pale mine into insignificance. Very best wishes mate and my sincere respects. B.

• Like 3

Keep posting, Ben - they are always a brilliant read. As for quick remarks, they're the ones that always got me into trouble!

There's a lot you can still do, so carry on doing it.

• Like 1

You were nearly talking out of your backside there, our Ben!  No shortage of those who do! :P

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, benjamin1945 said:

What a lovely lot you are,,,thank you for all your kind words...........getting ready to go into Bulwell...and you've made me put 'Anusol' on me Dentures instead of 'Polygrip''........lol

Shudder to think where the polygrip went.

• Like 9

These posts demonstrate two very important facts.

1.   We are all still here and able to read the posts here.

2.   We are all still here and able to make posts on here.

Long may that continue.

• Like 9

Checked my fuel gauge in my car this morning,  it was only a quarter full , so I filled it up. This made me think when did I last put any in it, my son said he did it in March for me at the start of the coronavirus problem,  so it appears I must of been following the guidelines and not going out much. No wonder fuel prices went down, no one is using much.

Ben, You may not be able to strike up conversations with strangers like you always did, and you must miss that so much, but with the power of the internet you can connect with us lot and still have the banter, and a laugh. We all love your memories from work and leisure, you have a fantastic memory for names, locations and dates, your op didn't take any of this away from you, thank goodness!

• Like 8

I keep a logbook on my truck, each fill up, date, odometer reading, cost and gallons, oil change date and service dates. Have done for years. Gives me an idea if somethings not working right. At present I'm getting around 17.7 miles per gallon, not bad for a full sized 5.5L pickup truck.

Although my old one could get 21mpg on long journey's and it had a 5.7l engine and five speed manual gearbox.

10 minutes ago, trogg said:

No wonder fuel prices went down, no one is using much.

For a few weeks at the height of lockdown petrol was 99.7p per gallon, although it's gone back up a bit since then.

Ben,

Nobody knows how well or not so well you've coped because you've stayed cheerful and entertaining throughout.  

All I can do is reiterate what your mates on here have said, keep strong Ben, you've done so well up to now. 

• Like 4

Wot they sed Ben, keep on keeping on and good luck mate...

• Like 1

Ben sorry you're feeling a bit like you can't do anything anymore like you used to but if it boils down none of us can do everything we used to. You have gone through a great deal but you keep lots of us amused and that counts as a lot of courage and damn you for interrupting my sweet nothings, chatting up ladies, laughing out loud and many other things . You still have your sense of humor and your sense of wanting to do things but can't. You have turned up trumps as they say.You never know there may be other things that you didn't realize you could do. Go for it Ben. Keep the stories coming.

• Like 3

Ben, you are very special in lots of ways x

• Like 1

There should be a Nottstalgia medal for such as our Ben.  I'd be glad to come over and pin it on him.

Problem is they quarantine dogs for six months.  :Shock:

• Like 2

Nice thought, Loppy, but I think our Ben would prefer someone with two X chromosomes, if you get my drift! :P

• Like 2

Two of something else as well!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ben, unfortunately we will probably never meet but because of your lovely posts about your exploits work/ladies  and numerous other subjects I feel that I know a little about you. Even when you were visiting hospital you kept us all amused take good care of yourself and never stop posting.

• Like 1

Don't say never Gem, we, none of us know what the future holds. Once this dreadful pandemic is hopefully sorted, things can only improve. You could meet Ben on one of your wheelchair safaris. Who knows, I might even come up and paint one of your stools/chairs. I certainly would like to meet Ben, might even consider buying him a coffee in Weatherspoons. Always assuming I could get a bank loan. Hope you're reading this Ben. B.

• Like 3

No Gem,,never say never,,as BK says,,'none of us know what the future holds.............Plus i love your part of the country,,,worked up there quite a lot,,,used to stay in Morpeth,, even worked in ''Pity me''..........i would treat you to a great breakfast in Morpeth,,,this place was in the main street,,'..........in the evenings it was a dance venue,,and mornings it served a breakfast second to none,,can't recall what the place was called....Probably a Greggs now....

Just set a mouse trap in the pantry. The cats keep bringing them in.

They brought a Green Finch in yesterday morning. Such a beautiful bird. Then they had another one in the afternoon. They were playing with it on the lawn so I shooed them off and tried to rescue it, only for one of the hens to grab it and run off with the other 5 hens chasing. I rescued it a second time and it could fly a little, so I put it over the fence and hoped for the best.

The cats don't like being locked in the pantry so it has to be the trap baited with peanut butter. After the hen incident I remembered what my chicken breeder friend said about his chickens catching mice and eating them. Don't fancy putting 6 chickens in the pantry overnight though.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2