DJ360

How's your day?

49 YEARS AGO TODAY.................i was working for ABGibsons of Daybrook..........at about 5pm i got back to their office in Moxley West Midlands........where a note was on my desk,,,saying..............''Wife had 3 children in Ward one of Nottingham City Hospital'''

Not quite accurate but close,,,he was very premature and weighed in at 2lb 2oz,,,today he lives in Newcastle OZ and weighs considerably more,,,

Also on this day in 2003 i suffered a Heart Attack  whilst hiking in the hills of Staffordshire,,,lucky for me they found me and took me to Hospital in Stoke-on - Trent,,where i stayed for a week................twas the same hospital where a few months afore Adam Faith died following his heart attack.... think i'll stop in today.....

• Like 2

The bottom line is......we should all just sit back and be grateful we're still able to post messages here :)

The time to get worried is when you can't do it.

• Like 2

Are you a glass half empty or a glass half full person?

All that matters is that the glass is refillable.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonab said:

You can't take it with you.

I certainly can't.... I haven't got it. :(

Is there any good news at all? I've just got back from Lewes Victoria, where I went for a Echocardiogram. The very nice young lady found I have got a heart after all. Just about to tuck in to a salad lunch , so that's my day sorted!

Enjoy your day everybody. 

• Like 2

On another tack...

water-nature-silhouette-drop-dew-sun-sun

The above is a pic of the very common 'Garden Cross Spider'. (Araneus Diadematus)  I remember as a kid I'd often come across these while out blackberrying in the fields. I didn't get too close to them.. which turns out to have been wise because I've since learned they can bite if you mess with them.

I recall one day seeing a huge Bumble Bee caught in a web and battling with a Garden Cross Spider.  It was fascinating to watch in a macabre sort of way, but my friends called me away so I don't know who won.

Fast forward to now.  There are two or three of these spiders camped out in some of our container grown plants.  One in particular is huge and it seems that every day I see it wrapping up some fly or somesuch that it has caught.  It's certainly not going hungry.

So.. this morning when I spotted it wrestling with a bee in its web.. I felt very sorry for the bee.  And we need all the bees we can get.  On closer inspection I could see that the bee was still very much alive and was pushing the spider away with its legs.

So.. time for an executive decision....  I took a cane and used it to pull both bee and spider out of the web. The bee managed to extricate itself and flew away..seemingly none the worse.  I shook the spider off the cane back in the general area of its now ruined web.  No worries.. it will doubtless have the web re-spun in an hour or so.

My good deed for the day.  :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, denshaw said:

Are you a glass half empty or a glass half full person?

If the glass is either half full or half empty it is probably too big a glass

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

My good deed for the day

It will remember you forever now Col. Just you beware when doing your gardening.

• Like 1

@DJ360  well done for freeing the bee.  A friend of mine did the same recently but she managed it without completely breaking the web, then she started to feel so sorry for having deprived the spider of his lunch, she swatted a fly and put it in the web!

Is a bee’s life more important than a fly’s life?   How do we judge such things?  
I reckon the only reason for a fly’s existence is to provide food for spiders, or perhaps so they can lay eggs which hatch into maggots and in so doing eat dead things..... or perhaps provide bait for fishing.  Food webs get a bit complicated so I’ll  shut up now...

@Beekay why have you decided to go all italic?  Just wondering...

Am I not supposed to then Margie? It's because I just like the style, that's all, no other reason.

• Like 1

Rebel!! 

You'll be choosing your own font size and colour next....

:)

• Like 5

At least I don't Starve spiders by stealing their catch.

He won't starve. He's too big and a very successful web builder.

I’m even BOLDER than you BK!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DJ360 said:

Rebel!!

I have always tried to rebel and I always will. The problem is that the only way I can rebel nowadays is by wearing odd socks. 

• Like 3

If you want to be a real rebel you should eat after eight mints before eight o'clock.

• Like 4

I've just checked.  The spider is sulking under a leaf... the big wuss.

He'll probably start web spinning when he stops crying.

SHE is possibly  not sulking nor crying.    SHE may, in desperation, have just eaten her mate and therefore has a full tummy!

There you go Col. Towd ya that you'll upset him. Now you'll have console him with a fly.

I'm a proper rebel me, I cheat the bus comanies. I buy return tickets......... an only go one way!

• Like 2

I were a rebel once. I broke down in me car near Bottesford. The AA charge £100 to tow me back to Bulwell, but I made him earn his money !

I kept me handbrake on all the way.

• Like 1

Heart rate dropped to below 40 bpm.  A bit worrying. There's an ambulancc on the way to do an ecg. Probably nowt.

2 minutes ago, DJ360 said:

Heart rate dropped to below 40 bpm.  A bit worrying. There's an ambulancc on the way to do an ecg. Probably nowt.

Hope its nothing DJ let us know how ecg goes

Bloody 'ell Col... curse of the hungry spider?     Let us know what's occuring mate...